About the Bowers & Wilkins A7
The Bowers & Wilkins A7 wireless speaker system uses Apple AirPlay technology to let you stream music from your iPhone®, iPad®, iPod touch®, or computer. And it delivers that music with amazing clarity and accuracy, filling your room with full, natural sound.
Advanced acoustics for extraordinary sound
The system features audiophile-grade electronics and high-performace drivers to reproduce sound far better than what you might expect from such a compact system. A pair of tube-loaded tweeters— an innovation from Bowers & Wilkins' flagship Nautilus™ speaker — ensure the highs remain clean and clear, without sounding strident.
The two midrange drivers deliver full, natural detail, while the Kevlar™-reinforced six-inch woofer raccurately eproduces low frequencies. The rear Flowport™ has dimpled holes to reduce air turbulance (much like those on a golf ball), further ensuring that the bass sounds musical, not harsh.
Each of the five drivers is powered by its own amplifier to maximize responsiveness and accuracy. Bowers & Wilkins' propietary Digital Signal Processing circuitry continually analyzes and adjusts the audio signal. This keeps your music balanced, clear and distortion-free at all volume levels — even when you crank it up to maximum volume.
The AirPlay advantage
You can easily play music from you computer wirelessly on the A7 system through iTunes®. You can even stream to multiple A7s (or other AirPlay-compatible systems like the Zeppelin Air) to simultaneously play your music in different locations throughout your home. And you can control the volume levels of each connected player individually or jointly through your computer's iTunes program.
With your Apple portable — iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch — you have even more options. Stream music wirelessly directly from your device to the A7. Or use your portable as a remote to control your computer's iTunes library. Through AirPlay you can select songs and playlists, and adjust the volume level of the system as well.
Making the most of other music sources
An Ethernet jack lets you make a wired connection to your home network. Or play music from other portable devices through the system's stereo minijack input. And there's an optical digital inputfor compatible components, such as a CD player. The A7 has a built-in audiophile-quality 24-bit/96kHz upsampling digital-to-analog converter (DAC) that helps this system deliver the best possible performance from wireless and wired digital music sources.
- AirPlay lets you stream music wirelessly from your iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, or computer
- two 1" tweeters and two 3" midrange woofers
- internal 6" subwoofer
- 25 watts x 2 for tweeters, 25 watts x 2 for midranges, plus 50 watts for subwoofer
- frequency response: 40-36,000 Hz
- high-performance Class-D amplifiers
- minijack auxiliary input accepts both analog and optical digital connections
- USB port allows audio playback from your computer and enables firmware upgrades
- Ethernet port for connection to your home network
- built-in 24-bit/96kHz upsampling DAC handles wireless and wired digital audio sources
- remote control
- AC power cable
- 14-3/16"W x 8-11/16"H x 8-1/16"D
- weight: 12.5 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # FP33502
What's in the box:
- AirPlay powered speaker
- 6.5' AC power cord
- Remote control (CR2032 3V battery)
- A7 Brochure booklet
- AirPlay Setup booklet
- Safety Instructions/Warranty
- Safety Information
- Battery removal/remote control diagram
Bowers & Wilkins A7 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Bowers & Wilkins A7
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (Inches)||1.0|
|Tweeter Type||Nautilus tube|
|Midrange Size (Inches)||3.0|
|Woofer Size (Inches)||6|
|Woofer Type||Not given|
|Watts RMS (Continuous)||150|
|Watts Maximum (Peak)||Not given|
|Max. Digital Audio Bit Depth||N/A|
|Max. Digital Audio Sample Rate||N/A|
|Bose Home Speaker||No|
|Control by app||Apple iOS|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
B&W A7 Wireless Music System: The Bowers & Wilkins (B&W) A7 is a wireless powered speaker system that employs Apple's AirPlay technology. Apple's AirPlay technology offers high-quality wireless audio streaming from your iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad; as well as your Windows or Mac computer with iTunes. The A7 uses audiophile-grade Bowers & Wilkins audio technology for a high-fidelity sounding music system that can handle the broadest range of frequencies. The Bowers & Wilkins A7 works great in "out-of-the-way" spaces where it won't be noticed, such as on bookshelves or against walls.
High Quality Audio Design: The Bowers & Wilkins A7 wireless music system is equipped with a Class-D amplifier and digital signal processing (DSP). The Class-D amplifier provides 25W x 4ch (tweeters/mids) + 50 x 1ch (subwoofer). The B&W A7 features two 1" Nautilus tube aluminum tweeters, two 3.0" midrange drivers, and one 6" subwoofer. The wireless music system's enclosure is made from glass-filled ABS and feature's Bowers & Wilkins proprietary Flowport technology. The Bowers & Wilkins Flowport technology dramatically improves the system's overall bass performance. The unit's rear-firing port is dimpled to improve air flow, reducing turbulence. The result is less chuffing noise and less compression at high levels; which means better bass no matter how loud you like your music.
Apple AirPlay Technology: Apple's AirPlay technology allows music, downloaded to iTunes, to be streamed (wired or wirelessly) from your Mac or PC to the B&W A7. You can even bypass the computer entirely, and stream high-quality audio directly from your Apple iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad (all without the need to dock the device). The A7 supports Apple Lossless and MP3 audio file transfer. The B&W A7 and your AirPlay audio source must be connected to the same wireless network via a WiFi (802.11g/n) router or hub.
- iTunes Streaming: The B&W A7 is able to wirelessly play audio from your computer's iTunes account either wirelessly (WiFi) or via a wired (Ethernet) connection using AirPlay streaming technology. When connected to the same network as a computer running iTunes, the A7 can appear as an output option in the pop-up menu at the bottom of the iTunes window. You can then browse your iTunes collection on your computer and stream music to the A7. To use the AirPlay feature you need a Mac or Windows-based PC running iTunes (10.2.2 or later) connected to the same wireless (WiFi) network as the A7.
- Apple Device Streaming: AirPlay also lets you wirelessly stream your iTunes music and a variety of music apps (such as Pandora, iHeartRadio, etc) stored on your iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad to the A7. So there's no need to dock your Apple device. The Bowers & Wilkins A7's AirPlay feature works with iPod touch (2nd/3rd/4th/5th gen), iPhone (3GS/4/4S/5), iPad (1/2/3/4), and iPad mini with iOS 4.4.3 or later; connected to the same wireless network.
Simple Setup: In order to connect your Apple device to the B&W A7 wireless music system, you will need to download the Bowers & Wilkins AirPlay Setup App to your iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad (running iOS 4.4.3 or later). The Bowers & Wilkins AirPlay Setup App is also available to download for your Mac computer or Windows PC from the Bowers & Wilkins Support Site, allowing you to set up and manage the wireless music system from your computer.
Auxiliary Input: The rear-panel 3.5mm auxiliary input accepts an analog stereo minijack cable or mini-Toslink digital cable from your external analog or digital audio device. The A7 is able to play stereo digital audio up to 24-bit/96kHz resolution (not compatible with surround-sound encoded 5.1 channel digital audio).
USB Audio Streaming: The A7's USB (type-B) port can be used to stream and playback music that is stored or being streamed on your Mac computer or Windows-based PC. It can also be used for firmware updates.
Remote Control: The supplied wireless IR remote offers Power, Volume Up/Down, and Playback controls. Playback controls include Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track. The remote is powered by a single CR2032 3V lithium battery (pre-installed).
AC Power: The Bowers & Wilkins (B&W) A7 operates off of standard household AC current, using the supplied 6.5' AC power cord. The A7 will automatically enter Sleep mode if left inactive for more than 30 minutes.
The Bowers & Wilkins A7 replaces these items
- AirPlay lets you stream music wirelessly from your iPod touch®, iPhone®, iPad®, or computer
- auxiliary stereo minijack input for other portable players
- frequency response: 47-22,000 Hz
1 question already asked