About the Bowers & Wilkins Flexible Series CCM382
High quality in-ceiling sound
High quality in-ceiling sound
The CCM382s are among the least expensive speakers in Bowers & Wilkins' value-oriented Flexible Series lineup. But even "entry-level" speakers from this renowned British hi-fi company are carefully designed and crafted to deliver fantastic sound.
Use these 8" in-ceiling speakers for engaging music in your kitchen or bedroom, or as overhead effects channels in a Bowers & Wilkins home theater system.
A rich history of audio excellence
Founded in England in the 1960s, Bowers & Wilkins is known worldwide for their innovative hi-fi speaker designs and their premium headphones. Crutchfield is proud to offer a diverse selection of products from this legendary audio brand.
If this is a do-it-yourself install, check out my guide to installing in-ceiling speakers, along with our selection of in-wall speaker wire. You can paint the included magnetic grilles to have your speakers blend in with your décor.
- ideal for an in-ceiling music system or for overhead surround effects in a home theater system
- 8" polypropylene woofer
- 1" soft dome tweeter
- frequency response: 45-30,000 Hz (-6dB)
- recommended amplifier power: up to 80 watts
- sensitivity: 90 dB
- magnetic grilles are paintable to match your décor
- speaker cutout diameter: 9-15/16"
- overall diameter: 11-7/16"
- mounting depth: 3-1/2"
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # FP32298
What's in the box:
- 2 In-ceiling loudspeakers
- 2 Grilles
- 2 Paint masks
- Quick Start Guide
- Wall Mount Cut-Out Template
- Warranty Information
Bowers & Wilkins Flexible Series CCM382 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Bowers & Wilkins Flexible Series CCM382
Features & specs
|Quantity in Package||Pair|
|Connector Type||Spring clip|
|Power Range (Watts)||10-80|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Two-Way Driver Design: The Bowers & Wilkins CCM382 in-ceiling loudspeaker utilizes a two-way driver design featuring a 1" soft-dome tweeter and 8" polypropylene woofer with rubber surround for well balanced sound and wide-angle listening.
Spring-Clip Terminals: The B&W CCM382 in-ceiling loudspeaker is outfitted with a set of spring-clip terminals to attach your speaker wire. The spring-clip terminals will accept bare wire (up to 12AWG) and pin-connectors.
Magnetic & Paintable Grilles: The Bowers & Wilkins CCM382 includes easy-to-install magnetic grilles that are also paintable. The grille protrudes 0.25" from the ceiling.
In-Ceiling Installation: The B&W CCM382 requires a round cutout and is secured in the ceiling via integrated "dog-ear" clamps that swing outward and then tighten with phillips-head screws. The cutout will need to measure 11.4375" (diameter) x 3.5" (depth). Make sure there is a least 1" of clearance around the cutout opening to allow the "dog-ear" clamps to swing outward and tighten. The mounting clamps will accommodate 0.25" to 0.5" thick drywall.
Note: Before installing CCM3 Series in-ceiling speakers you should ensure that the ceiling locations chosen are free of obstructions such as pipe work, ducting or wiring that will interfere with the installation. In existing drywall construction, use a stud-finding tool to help you map the ceiling construction and a pipe detector to scan the proposed installation locations.
Applications: The Bowers & Wilkins CCM3 Series in-ceiling loudspeakers are suited for distributed audio, 2-channel stereo, and multi-channel home theater applications. They are also particular suitable for use in humid environments, such as bathrooms.
- Distributed Audio: For applications where single CCM3 Series speakers are required to operate independently to provide background audio, they can be mounted as installation convenience and architecture dictate. The only acoustic constraint to bear in mind is that corner locations will result in significantly emphasized low frequencies and should be avoided.
- 2-Channel Stereo: For applications where a pair of CCM3 Series speakers is to be used for conventional stereo reproduction, they should be located between 10' and 16.5' apart and a similar distance in front of the listening area.
- Home Theater: For applications where multiple CCM3 Series speakers are to be used for multi-channel home theater system, the left and right front speakers should be located either side of the screen approximately 20" away. The center channel speaker should be located either directly above or below the screen or, in the case of an acoustically transparent screen, directly behind. Surround channel CCM3 Series speakers should be located just behind and either side of the listening position.
- Try to avoid corner locations for any of the speakers and to ensure that the acoustic environment around each speaker is similar.
- The nature of the installation of in-ceiling speakers means that it is sometimes impractical to locate them in the acoustically ideal positions. In these cases they should be located as close as is practical to the ideal positions.
2 questions already asked