About the Bowers & Wilkins Performance Series CCM632
A space-saving solution from Bowers & Wilkins
A space-saving solution from Bowers & Wilkins
Want dynamic sound from overhead speakers, but are limited by available ceiling space? The Bowers & Wilkins Performance Series CCM632s are specially designed to provide great sound without requiring a large cutout.
Use this pair of compact in-ceiling speakers for lively music in your dining room or bedroom, or as overhead effects channels in a Bowers & Wilkins home theater system.
The CCM632s aren't very wide, but they are relatively deep (4"). Measure the open space above your ceiling to make sure they'll fit.
What makes these different from other in-ceiling speakers?
Most in-ceiling speakers are wide and relatively shallow. The CCM632s are deeper and narrower than traditional models. This means they don't need as wide of a cutout diameter for installation. (But they do require 4" of clearance above the ceiling, which is deeper than traditional models.)
The CCM632s each use a single 3" woofer to reproduce their entire frequency range. These smaller drivers don't reproduce a lot of bass by themselves, so I recommend pairing these speakers with a subwoofer if you're looking for deep bass from your new system.
A rich history of audio excellence
Founded in England in the 1960s, Bowers & Wilkins is known worldwide for their innovative hi-fi speaker designs and their premium headphones. Crutchfield is proud to offer a diverse selection of products from this legendary audio brand.
If this is a do-it-yourself install, check out my guide to installing in-ceiling speakers, along with our selection of in-wall speaker wire. You can paint the included round and square grilles to have your speakers blend in with your décor.
- ideal for an in-ceiling music system or for overhead surround effects in a home theater system
- compact design to fit into narrow spaces in your ceiling
- integrated enclosure for improved performance over traditional open-back speakers
- 3" paper full-range driver
- frequency response: 100-17,000 Hz (-6 dB)
- for deep, hard-hitting bass consider adding a powered sub to complement these speakers
- recommended amplifier power: 10 to 60 watts
- sensitivity: 84 dB
- magnetic round and square grilles are paintable to match your décor
- speaker cutout diameter: 4-5/8"
- round grille diameter: 5-3/4"
- square grille dimensions: 6-1/16" x 6-1/16"
- mounting depth: 4"
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # FP37613
What's in the box:
- 2 In-ceiling loudspeakers
- 2 Square grilles
- 2 Round grilles
- 4 Rubber caps
- 2 Paint masks
- 2 Cutout Templates
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty Information
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Bowers & Wilkins Performance Series CCM632
Features & specs
|Quantity in Package||Pair|
|Connector Type||Spring post|
|Power Range (Watts)||10-60|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Full-Range Driver: The Bowers & Wilkins CCM632 in-ceiling loudspeaker utilizes a single 3" full-range driver for well balanced sound.
Sealed Enclosure: The B&W CCM632 in-ceiling speaker features its own sealed enclosure to minimize acoustic bleed into adjoining spaces.
Round & Square Grilles: The Bowers & Wilkins CCM632 includes round and square grilles; choose the one that best fits your application. These easy-to-install magnetic grilles are paintable so you can match your decor. The round grille measures 5.75" (diameter), while the square grille measures 6.0625" (w) x 6.0625" (h). The grilles protrude 0.25" from the ceiling.
Spring-Post Terminals: The B&W CCM632 in-ceiling loudspeaker is outfitted with spring-post terminals that will accommodate bare speaker wire (up to 12AWG), pin connectors, and banana plugs (single only).
In-Ceiling Installation: The CCM632 in-ceiling speaker features Bowers & Wilkins new and innovative ZipDogs fixing method. These integrated mounting clamps with zip-ties make short work of installation and cope with almost any thickness of mounting panel (up to 2.5"). The CCM632 requires a round cutout in the ceiling that measures 5.75" in diameter. Make sure there is a least 0.5" of clearance around the cutout opening to allow the mounting clamps to extend and tighten.
Note: Before installing CCM632 Series in-ceiling speakers you should ensure that the ceiling locations chosen are free of obstructions such as pipe work, ducting or wiring that will interfere with the installation. In existing drywall construction, use a stud-finding tool to help you map the ceiling construction and a pipe detector to scan the proposed installation locations.
Applications: The Bowers & Wilkins CCM6 Series in-ceiling loudspeakers are suited for distributed audio, 2-channel stereo, and multi-channel home theater applications. They are also particular suitable for use in humid environments, such as bathrooms.
- Distributed Audio: For applications where single CCM6 Series speakers are required to operate independently to provide background audio, they can be mounted as installation convenience and architecture dictate. The only acoustic constraint to bear in mind is that corner locations will result in significantly emphasized low frequencies and should be avoided.
- 2-Channel Stereo: For applications where a pair of CCM6 Series speakers is to be used for conventional stereo reproduction, they should be located between 10' and 16.5' apart and a similar distance in front of the listening area.
- Home Theater: For applications where multiple CCM6 Series speakers are to be used for multi-channel home theater system, the left and right front speakers should be located either side of the screen approximately 20" away. The center channel speaker should be located either directly above or below the screen or, in the case of an acoustically transparent screen, directly behind. Surround channel CCM6 Series speakers should be located just behind and either side of the listening position.
- Try to avoid corner locations for any of the speakers and to ensure that the acoustic environment around each speaker is similar.
- The nature of the installation of in-ceiling speakers means that it is sometimes impractical to locate them in the acoustically ideal positions. In these cases they should be located as close as is practical to the ideal positions.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?