About the Bowers & Wilkins Performance Series CCM663SR
Stereo playback from a single overhead speaker
Stereo playback from a single overhead speaker
Want rich, detailed music but just have room for a single speaker? Then check out Bowers & Wilkins' CCM663SR. This discreet in-ceiling speaker uses a dual-tweeter design to deliver dynamic stereo sound without you having to install a pair of speakers.
The CCM663SR is perfect for kitchens, hallways, or any other room where you want music from a single in-ceiling location. You'll enjoy tight bass and clean mids from the 6" aramid fiber woofer, and smooth highs from the two 1" aluminum dome tweeters.
A rich history of audio excellence
Founded in England in the 1960s, Bowers & Wilkins is known worldwide for their innovative hi-fi speaker designs and their premium headphones. Crutchfield is proud to offer a diverse selection of products from this legendary audio brand.
If this is a do-it-yourself install, check out my guide to installing in-ceiling speakers, along with our selection of in-wall speaker wire. You can paint the included magnetic grille to have your speaker blend in with your décor.
- stereo-input speaker plays both the left and right channels of the stereo mix
- 6" aramid fiber woofer with dual voice coils
- dual 1" aluminum dome tweeters
- frequency response: 48-30,000 Hz (-6 dB)
- recommended amplifier power: 25-80 watts
- sensitivity: 89 dB
- impedance: 8 ohms
- ultra-thin bezel and paintable magnetic grille provide seamless integration into your décor
- speaker cutout diameter: 8"
- overall diameter: 9-1/2"
- mounting depth: 5-1/4"
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # FP29602
What's in the box:
- In-ceiling loudspeaker
- Mounting frame
- Paint mask
- Cutout template
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty Information
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Bowers & Wilkins Performance Series CCM663SR
Features & specs
|Quantity in Package||Single|
|Woofer Composition||Aramid fiber|
|Connector Type||Spring post|
|Bi-Amp Inputs||Stereo input|
|Cutout Size||8.0 x 8.0|
|Power Range (Watts)||25-80|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Stereo Two-Way Driver Design: The Bowers & Wilkins CM663SR utilizes a stereo two-way driver design featuring two 1" aluminum dome tweeters and one twin voice-coil 6" aramid fiber cone woofer with rubber surround for stereo reproduction from one in-ceiling loudspeaker.
- Stereo & Surround Modes: There is a two-position switch on the back of the CM663SR that will configure the speaker for Stereo (distributed audio) or Surround (home theater) applications.
- Dual Spring-Post Terminals: The B&W CM663SR in-ceiling loudspeaker is outfitted two sets of spring-post terminals that will accommodate bare speaker wire (up to 12AWG), pin connectors, and banana plugs (single only).
Note: When connecting the CCM663SR in Surround mode, simply connect the speaker wire to either the left or right set of terminals. In Stereo mode, both sets of terminals will be used.
Magnetic & Paintable Grille: The Bowers & Wilkins CM663SR in-ceiling loudspeaker includes and easy-to-install magnetic grille that is also paintable. The grille protrudes 0.25" from the ceiling.
In-Ceiling Installation: The B&W CM663SR requires a round cutout and is secured in the ceiling via the included mounting frame with integrated "QuickDogs" spring-loaded clamps that tighten using phillips-head screws. The cutout will need to measure 8" (diameter) x 5.25" (depth). Make sure there is a least 0.75" of clearance around the cutout opening for the integrated "QuickDogs" clamps. The mounting clamps will accommodate 0.25" to 1" thick drywall.
Note: Before installing CCM6 Series in-ceiling speakers you should ensure that the ceiling locations chosen are free of obstructions such as pipe work, ducting or wiring that will interfere with the installation. In existing drywall construction, use a stud-finding tool to help you map the ceiling construction and a pipe detector to scan the proposed installation locations.
Applications: The Bowers & Wilkins CCM6 Series in-ceiling loudspeakers are suited for distributed audio and multi-channel home theater applications.
- Distributed Audio: For applications where single CCM6 Series speakers are required to operate independently to provide background audio, they can be mounted as installation convenience and architecture dictate. The only acoustic constraint to bear in mind is that corner locations will result in significantly emphasized low frequencies and should be avoided.
- Home Theater: For applications where multiple CCM6 Series speakers are to be used for multi-channel home theater system, the left and right front speakers should be located either side of the screen approximately 20" away. The center channel speaker should be located either directly above or below the screen or, in the case of an acoustically transparent screen, directly behind. Surround channel CCM6 Series speakers should be located just behind and either side of the listening position.
- Try to avoid corner locations for any of the speakers and to ensure that the acoustic environment around each speaker is similar.
- The nature of the installation of in-ceiling speakers means that it is sometimes impractical to locate them in the acoustically ideal positions. In these cases they should be located as close as is practical to the ideal positions.