About the Bowers & Wilkins Performance Series CCM664
Adjustable in-ceiling sound from Bowers & Wilkins
Adjustable in-ceiling sound from Bowers & Wilkins
Here's a solid value from Bowers & Wilkins distinguished line of Performance Series in-ceiling speakers. Each CCM664 combines a 6" glass-fiber woofer with a 1" soft dome tweeter. This pair is a great choice for engaging music in your kitchen or bedroom, or as overhead effects channels in a Bowers & Wilkins home theater system.
Tailor the sound to your room
The CCM664 is a step up from the CCM665 — instead of the tweeters being fixed in one position, each one can be tilted up to 30 degrees to aim the sound toward you. A three-position EQ switch optimizes off-axis response for different tweeter angles.
A rich history of audio excellence
Founded in England in the 1960s, Bowers & Wilkins is known worldwide for their innovative hi-fi speaker designs and their premium headphones. Crutchfield is proud to offer a diverse selection of products from this legendary audio brand.
If this is a do-it-yourself install, check out my guide to installing in-ceiling speakers, along with our selection of in-wall speaker wire. You can paint the included magnetic grilles to have your speakers blend in with your décor.
- ideal for an in-ceiling music system, or as overhead sound effects channels in a Bowers & Wilkins home theater system
- 6" glass-fiber woofer
- 1" soft dome tweeter
- tweeter is aimable to direct high-frequency details towards you
- three-position EQ switch optimizes off-axis response for different tweeter angles
- frequency response: 45-35,000 Hz (-6 dB)
- recommended amplifier power: 25 to 130 watts
- sensitivity: 87 dB
- magnetic grille is paintable to match your décor
- speaker cutout diameter: 8"
- overall diameter: 9-1/2"
- mounting depth: 5-1/4"
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # FP29580
What's in the box:
- 2 In-ceiling loudspeakers
- 2 Mounting frames
- 2 Grilles
- 2 Paint masks
- 2 Cutout templates
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty Information
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Bowers & Wilkins Performance Series CCM664
Features & specs
|Quantity in Package||Pair|
|Connector Type||Spring post|
|Power Range (Watts)||25-130|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Two-Way Driver Design: The Bowers & Wilkins CCM664 in-ceiling loudspeaker utilizes a two-way driver design featuring a 1" soft-dome fabric tweeter and a 6" glass-fiber cone woofer with rubber surround for detailed high and midrange frequencies, as well as smooth midbass and bass frequencies.
Aimable Tweeter with EQ: The tweeter can be tilted towards your listening area and the corresponding equalization options offer better off-axis response. The tweeter can be tilted up to 30 degrees. The 3-way EQ switch can be set to 0, 15, or 30 degrees. "Dots" on the tweeter housing and the EQ switch indicate the angle and EQ setting. Make sure to match up the "Dots" on the the tweeter housing with the corresponding "Dots" on the EQ switch.
- 1 Dot = 0 degrees
- 2 Dots = 15 degrees
- 3 Dots = 30 degrees
Spring-Post Terminals: The B&W CCM664 in-ceiling loudspeaker is outfitted with spring-post terminals that will accommodate bare speaker wire (up to 12AWG), pin connectors, and banana plugs (single only).
Magnetic & Paintable Grilles: The Bowers & Wilkins CCM664 in-ceiling loudspeaker includes easy-to-install magnetic grilles that are also paintable. The grille protrudes 0.25" from the ceiling.
In-Ceiling Installation: The B&W CCM664 requires a round cutout and is secured in the ceiling via the included mounting frame with integrated "QuickDogs" spring-loaded clamps that tighten using phillips-head screws. The cutout will need to measure 8" (diameter) x 5.25" (depth). Make sure there is a least 0.75" of clearance around the cutout opening for the integrated "QuickDogs" clamps. The mounting clamps will accommodate 0.25" to 1" thick drywall.
Note: Before installing CCM6 Series in-ceiling speakers you should ensure that the ceiling locations chosen are free of obstructions such as pipe work, ducting or wiring that will interfere with the installation. In existing drywall construction, use a stud-finding tool to help you map the ceiling construction and a pipe detector to scan the proposed installation locations.
Applications: The Bowers & Wilkins CCM6 Series in-ceiling loudspeakers are suited for distributed audio, 2-channel stereo, and multi-channel home theater applications.
- Distributed Audio: For applications where single CCM6 Series speakers are required to operate independently to provide background audio, they can be mounted as installation convenience and architecture dictate. The only acoustic constraint to bear in mind is that corner locations will result in significantly emphasized low frequencies and should be avoided.
- 2-Channel Stereo: For applications where a pair of CCM6 Series speakers is to be used for conventional stereo reproduction, they should be located between 10' and 16.5' apart and a similar distance in front of the listening area.
- Home Theater: For applications where multiple CCM6 Series speakers are to be used for multi-channel home theater system, the left and right front speakers should be located either side of the screen approximately 20" away. The center channel speaker should be located either directly above or below the screen or, in the case of an acoustically transparent screen, directly behind. Surround channel CCM6 Series speakers should be located just behind and either side of the listening position.
- Try to avoid corner locations for any of the speakers and to ensure that the acoustic environment around each speaker is similar.
- The nature of the installation of in-ceiling speakers means that it is sometimes impractical to locate them in the acoustically ideal positions. In these cases they should be located as close as is practical to the ideal positions.
3 questions already asked