About the Bowers & Wilkins Reference Series CCM7.5 S2
Enjoy rich overhead sound with music or movies
Enjoy rich overhead sound with music or movies
Bowers & Wilkins offers a superb lineup of bookshelf and floor-standing speakers. But the British hi-fi experts also offer high-performance custom-integration speakers, like the Reference Series CCM7.5 S2.
This upscale in-ceiling speaker delivers sparkling sound with music and movie soundtracks. It pairs a 7" Continuum™ cone driver with a 1" carbon dome tweeter. Together they deliver textured midrange and punchy bass, along with smooth, clear highs.
Direct the sound to your seat
The CCM7.5 S2 uses an angled baffle design to "aim" the sound toward you. It's an excellent choice for getting great sound from mounting locations that are off-axis from your listening position.
This speaker's drivers are mounted at an angle to direct sound toward your seating position.
A rich history of audio excellence
Founded in England in the 1960s, Bowers & Wilkins is known worldwide for their innovative hi-fi speaker designs and their premium headphones. Crutchfield is proud to offer a diverse selection of products from this legendary audio brand.
Paint the included magnetic grille to have your speaker blend in with your décor.
- ideal for an elite in-ceiling music system, or as part of a Bowers & Wilkins home theater system
- drivers are mounted at an angle to direct sound toward your seating position
- 1" carbon dome tweeter
- 7" Continuum cone midrange/bass driver
- frequency response: 32-28,000 Hz (±3dB)
- recommended amplifier power: 25 to 150 watts
- nominal impedance: 8 ohms
- sensitivity: 90 dB
- magnetic grille is paintable to match your décor
- speaker cutout diameter: 10"
- overall diameter: 11-7/16"
- mounting depth: 5"
- weight: 6.9 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # FP41114
What's in the box:
- In-ceiling loudspeaker
- Mounting frame
- Paint shield
- Cutout Template
- Installation Instructions
- Warranty Information
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Bowers & Wilkins Reference Series CCM7.5 S2
Features & specs
|Quantity in Package||Single|
|Connector Type||Spring post|
|Power Range (Watts)||25-150|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Angled 2-Way Driver Design: The Bowers & Wilkins CCM7.5 S2 features a 1" Carbon dome tweeter and 7" Continuum cone midbass driver angled to the mounting surface, allowing for easy direction of the whole array towards the main listening area to ensure you hear the correct balance of sound. The 1" Carbon dome tweeter delivers pinpoint imaging accuracy and detail, while the 7" Continumm cone woofer provides smooth and accurate bass without distortion.
Spring-Post Terminals: The B&W CCM7.5 S2 in-ceiling loudspeaker is outfitted with spring-post terminals that will accommodate bare speaker wire (up to 12AWG), pin connectors, and banana plugs (single only).
Magnetic & Paintable Grilles: The Bowers & Wilkins CCM7.5 S2 in-ceiling loudspeaker includes easy-to-install magnetic grilles that are also paintable. The grille protrudes 0.3125" from the ceiling.
In-Ceiling Installation: The B&W CCM7.5 S2 requires a round cutout and is secured in the ceiling via the included mounting frame with integrated "QuickDogs" spring-loaded clamps that tighten using phillips-head screws. The cutout will need to measure 10" (diameter) x 5" (depth). Make sure there is a least 0.75" of clearance around the cutout opening for the integrated "QuickDogs" clamps. The mounting clamps will accommodate 0.25" to 1.5" thick drywall.
Note: Before installing the CCM7.5 S2 in-ceiling speaker, you should ensure that the ceiling location chosen is free of obstructions such as pipe work, ducting or wiring that will interfere with the installation. In existing drywall construction, use a stud-finding tool to help you map the ceiling construction and a pipe detector to scan the proposed installation location.
Applications: Designed for down-firing, in-ceiling use, the B&W CCM7.5 S2 can be used as a front, center, or rear channel speakers in a home theater system. It can also be used in a stereo or distributed audio application.
- Home Theater: When used as front channels, the left and right speakers should be located on either side of the screen approximately 20" away. When used as a center channel, the speaker should be located directly above the screen. As rear surround channels, the speakers should be located just behind and one either side of the listening position.
- 2-Channel Stereo: For applications where a pair of CCM7.5 S2 speakers are to be used for conventional stereo reproduction, they should be located between 10' and 16.5' apart and a similar distance in front of the listening area.
- Distributed Audio: For applications where single CCM7.5 S2 Series speakers are required to operate independently to provide background audio, they can be mounted as installation convenience and architecture dictate. The only acoustic constraint to bear in mind is that corner locations will result in significantly emphasized low frequencies and should be avoided.
- Try to avoid corner locations for any of the speakers and to ensure that the acoustic environment around each speaker is similar.
- The nature of the installation of in-ceiling speakers means that it is sometimes impractical to locate them in the acoustically ideal positions. In these cases they should be located as close as is practical to the ideal positions.
2 questions already asked