About the Bowers & Wilkins Performance Series CWM652
Elite hideaway speakers from Bowers & Wilkins
Elite hideaway speakers from Bowers & Wilkins
I absolutely love listening to music while I work. But in my home office I don't have a lot of extra surface space on my desk. The Bowers & Wilkins Performance Series CWM652 in-wall speakers are exactly the kind of space-saving solution that appeals to me. I could create a perfect "sweet spot" for rich stereo sound by sitting between an evenly spaced pair of these high-quality, hideaway speakers.
The CWM652 has a three-position level switch that adjusts the tweeter's output to best match your room's acoustics and furnishings.
Advanced driver technology for clear, natural sound
Each CWM652 combines a 5" aramid fiber woofer with a 1" Nautilus™ tube-loaded aluminum dome tweeter. This specially designed tweeter helps absorb unwanted energy from the rear of the diaphragm for clearer, more natural-sounding highs with your favorite music playlists or movies soundtracks.
Tailor the sound to your room
The CWM652 has a three-position switch for cutting or boosting high-frequency output. This easy-to-change setting helps you match the speaker's sound to the acoustics of your room and its furnishings.
A rich history of audio excellence
Founded in England in the 1960s, Bowers & Wilkins is known worldwide for their innovative hi-fi speaker designs and their premium headphones. Crutchfield is proud to offer a diverse selection of products from this legendary audio brand.
If this is a do-it-yourself install, check out my guide to installing in-wall speakers, along with our selection of in-wall speaker wire. You can paint the included magnetic grilles to have your speakers blend in with your décor.
- ideal for an in-wall music system, or as the front- or rear-channel speakers of a Bowers & Wilkins home theater system
- 5" aramid fiber woofer
- 1" Nautilus™ tube-loaded aluminum dome tweeter
- three-position switch optimizes high-frequency output to best suit the acoustics of your room
- frequency response: 54-50,000 Hz (-6 dB)
- recommended amplifier power: 25 to 100 watts
- sensitivity: 86 dB
- magnetic grille is paintable to match your décor
- cutout dimensions: 6"W x 9"H
- overall dimensions: 7-1/2"W x 10-7/16"H
- mounting depth: 3-3/4"
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # FP29653
What's in the box:
- 2 In-wall loudspeakers
- 2 Mounting frames
- 2 Grilles
- 2 Paint mask
- 2 Cut-out templates
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty Information
Bowers & Wilkins Performance Series CWM652 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Bowers & Wilkins Performance Series CWM652
Features & specs
|Quantity in Package||Pair|
|Connector Type||Spring post|
|Power Range (Watts)||25-100|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Two-Way Driver Design: The Bowers & Wilkins CWM652 in-wall loudspeaker utilizes a two-way driver design featuring a 1" aluminum dome tweeter and a 5" Kevlar cone woofer with rubber surround and die-cast basket for clear high frequencies, natural midrange, and smooth bass. The aluminium tweeter incorporates a Nautilus tube to absorb unwanted resonance from the back of the tweeter, so the sound you hear from the front is as detailed and precise as possible.
High-Frequency Level Switch: A 3-position high frequency level switch is located on the front baffle of the in-wall loudspeaker. The center position of the switch gives a normal level high frequency response. The HF+ boost position can be useful where the listening environment is acoustically absorbent, for instance where carpets, soft furnishings and curtains predominate, or where the speakers are covered by curtains or wall hangings. The HF- cut position may be preferred where the listening environment is acoustically reflective, for instance where hard floors and glass predominate.
Gold-Plated Spring-Post Terminals: The B&W CWM652 in-wall loudspeaker is outfitted with gold-plated, spring-post terminals that will accommodate bare speaker wire (up to 12AWG), pin connectors, and banana plugs (single only). The gold-plated terminals provide excellent audio signal transfer and resists corrosion.
Magnetic & Paintable Grilles: The Bowers & Wilkins CWM652 includes easy-to-install magnetic grilles that are also paintable. The grille protrudes 0.25" from the wall.
In-Wall Installation: The B&W CWM652 requires a rectangular cutout and is secured in the wall via the included mounting frame with integrated "QuickDogs" spring-loaded clamps that tighten using phillips-head screws. The cutout will need to measure 6" (w) x 9" (h) x 3.75" (d). Make sure there is a least 0.75" of clearance around the cutout opening for the integrated "QuickDogs" clamps. The mounting clamps will accommodate 0.25" to 1" thick drywall.
Note: Before installing CWM6 Series in-wall speakers you should ensure that the wall locations chosen are free of obstructions such as pipe work, ducting or wiring that will interfere with the installation. In existing drywall construction, use a stud-finding tool to help you map the wall construction and a pipe detector to scan the proposed installation locations.
Applications: The Bowers & Wilkins CWM6 Series in-wall loudspeakers are suited for distributed audio, 2-channel stereo, and multi-channel home theater applications.
- Distributed Audio: For applications where single CWM6 Series speakers are required to operate independently to provide background audio, they can be mounted as installation convenience and architecture dictate. The only acoustic constraint to bear in mind is that corner locations will result in significantly emphasized low frequencies and should be avoided.
- 2-Channel Stereo: For applications where a pair of CWM6 Series speakers is to be used for conventional stereo reproduction, they should be located between 10' and 16.5' apart and a similar distance in front of the listening area.
- Home Theater: For applications where multiple CWM6 Series speakers are to be used for multi-channel home theater system, the left and right front speakers should be located either side of the screen approximately 20" away. The center channel speaker should be located either directly above or below the screen or, in the case of an acoustically transparent screen, directly behind. Surround channel CWM6 Series speakers should be located just behind and either side of the listening position.
- Try to avoid corner locations for any of the speakers and to ensure that the acoustic environment around each speaker is similar.
- The nature of the installation of in-wall speakers means that it is sometimes impractical to locate them in the acoustically ideal positions. In these cases they should be located as close as is practical to the ideal positions.
1 question already asked