About the Bowers & Wilkins Reference Series CWM7.3 S2
Exceptional in-wall sound
Exceptional in-wall sound
Bowers & Wilkins is beloved worldwide for their high-performance bookshelf and floor-standing loudspeakers. But the British hi-fi company also makes elite custom-integration speakers that disappear into your room, like the Reference Series CWM7.3 S2.
This high-end in-wall speaker is ideal for an custom-installed home theater system. Mount it vertically as a left- or right-channel speaker in the front or back of your room. Or install it horizontally as your system's center channel for exceptionally clear dialogue and center-stage sound effects.
A built-in back-box ensures well-balanced sound in any installation and protects against dust and dirt.
Three-way design for ultra-smooth sound
The CWM7.3 S2 employs a three-way design to create engaging, lifelike sound in your room.
It features two of Bowers & Wilkins' 5" Aerofoil™ Profile drivers for punchy bass, and a FST™ (Fixed Suspension Transducer) Continuum™ cone midrange driver for articulate mids.
Smooth, natural highs come courtesy of a 1" carbon dome tweeter.
A built-in enclosure elevates performance
One of my favorite features of the CWM7.3 S2 is the back-box that's built onto the speaker.
This carefully designed enclosure helps this speaker deliver consistently focused, well-balanced sound no matter what kind of space is behind it in your wall. It also keeps dust and dirt out.
Free lifetime technical support is provided with every Crutchfield purchase.
- ideal for an elite in-wall music system, or as part of a custom-installed home theater system
- built-in back-box ensures well-balanced sound in any installation and protects against dust and dirt
- 3-way design
- 1" carbon dome tweeter
- 4" FST™ (Fixed Suspension Transducer) Continuum™ cone midrange driver
- dual 6" Aerofoil™ Profile bass drivers
- frequency response: 48-28,000 Hz (±3dB)
- recommended amplifier power: 25 to 200 watts
- nominal impedance: 8 ohms
- sensitivity: 90 dB
- front-firing port for increased bass performance
- magnetic grille is paintable to match your décor
- speaker cutout diameter: 9-15/16"W x 28"H
- overall diameter: 10-15/16"W x 29"H
- mounting depth: 4-1/16"
- weight: 27.4 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # FP41092
What's in the box:
- In-wall loudspeaker
- Mounting frame
- Baffle box
- 2 Mounting plates (1 pre-installed)
- Paint shield
- Two-piece foam port plug
- 8 Screws
- 2 Wing-nuts
- Cutout Template
- Installation Instructions
- Warranty Information
Bowers & Wilkins Reference Series CWM7.3 S2 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Bowers & Wilkins Reference Series CWM7.3 S2
Features & specs
|Quantity in Package||Single|
|Connector Type||Spring post|
|Power Range (Watts)||25-200|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
3-Way Driver Design: The Bowers & Wilkins CWM7.3 S2 utilizes a three-way driver design with a 1" Carbon dome tweeter, one 4" Continuum FST cone midrange driver, and two 6" Aerofoil Profile bass woofers for full-range sound. The 1" Carbon dome tweeter delivers pinpoint imaging accuracy and detail, while the 5" Continumm FST cone midrange driver provides a natural and open midrange sound. The two 6" Aerofoil Profile bass woffers deliver deep, dynamic, and accurate bass response.
Flowport Technology: The B&W in-wall speaker has a critcally formed baffle box constructed from glass reinforced ABS, plus its own integrated backbox for accurate, detailed sound. It also utilizes B&W's Flowport technology with a front-firing port to create to create smooth, deep, and efficient bass response from a compact in-wall loudspeaker. Its front-firing, dimpled flared port provides natural bass response without turbulent noise or distortion.
Note: You can adjust the in-wall speaker's low-frequency performance by using the supplied foam plug. The foam plug is two-pieces, allowing for a degree of fine-tuning using either the outer, larger-diameter piece in isolation or the two parts together. Using solely the outer, larger-diameter foam piece will deliver less bass attenuation than the complete foam plug assembly.
Spring-Post Terminals: The B&W CWM7.3 S2 in-wall loudspeaker is outfitted with spring-post terminals that will accommodate bare speaker wire (up to 12AWG), pin connectors, and banana plugs (single only).
Magnetic & Paintable Grilles: The Bowers & Wilkins CWM7.3 S2 in-wall loudspeaker includes easy-to-install magnetic grilles that are also paintable. The grille protrudes 0.3125" from the wall.
In-Wall Installation: The B&W CWM7.3 S2 requires a rectangular cutout and is secured in the wall via the included mounting frame with integrated "QuickDogs" spring-loaded clamps that tighten using phillips-head screws. The cutout will need to measure 9.9375" (w) x 28" (h) x 4.0625" (d). Make sure there is a least 0.75" of clearance around the cutout opening for the integrated "QuickDogs" clamps. The mounting clamps will accommodate 0.25" to 1.25" thick drywall. The included baffle box attaches to the to or bottom of the in-wall speaker and measures 8.5625" (w) x 18.0625" (h) x 2.5" (d). Make sure there is enough room inside the cavity of the wall for the included baffle box.
Note: Before installing the CWM7.3 S2 in-wall speaker, you should ensure that the ceiling location chosen is free of obstructions such as pipe work, ducting or wiring that will interfere with the installation. In existing drywall construction, use a stud-finding tool to help you map the ceiling construction and a pipe detector to scan the proposed installation location.
Applications: Designed for in-wall use, the B&W CWM7.3 S2 can be used as a front, center, or rear channel speakers in a home theater system. It can also be used in a 2-channel stereo application.
- Home Theater: When used as front channels, the left and right speakers should be located on either side of the screen approximately 20" away. When used as a center channel, the speaker should be located either directly above or below the screen; or in the case of an acoustically transparent screen, directly behind the screen. As rear surround channels, the speakers should be located just behind and one either side of the listening position.
- 2-Channel Stereo: For applications where a pair of CWM7.3 S2 speakers are to be used for conventional stereo reproduction, they should be located between 10' and 16.5' apart and a similar distance in front of the listening area.
- Try to avoid corner locations for any of the speakers and to ensure that the acoustic environment around each speaker is similar.
- The nature of the installation of in-wall speakers means that it is sometimes impractical to locate them in the acoustically ideal positions. In these cases they should be located as close as is practical to the ideal positions.