About the Bowers & Wilkins Reference Series CWM7.4 S2
Stealthy sound from British hi-fi experts
Stealthy sound from British hi-fi experts
Bowers & Wilkins may be best known for their high-performance bookshelf and floor-standing speakers. But the British hi-fi company also makes custom-integration speakers that disappear into your room, like the Reference Series CWM7.4 S2.
This high-end in-wall speaker is ideal for an custom-installed home theater system. Mount it vertically as a left- or right-channel speaker, or install it horizontally as your system's center channel for exceptionally clear dialogue and center-stage sound effects.
2.5-way design for ultra-smooth sound
The CWM7.4 S2 features two 4" Continuum™ cone drivers for textured midrange and punchy bass. They're paired with two 4" aramid fiber/paper cone bass drivers to round out the low end.
This speaker uses a "2.5-way" crossover design, which means two woofers cover the lower frequencies, while two more go higher into the midrange for a smoother transition between drivers.
Smooth, natural highs come courtesy of a 1" carbon dome tweeter.
Free lifetime technical support is provided with every Crutchfield purchase.
- 2.5-way design
- ideal for an elite in-wall music system, or as part of a custom-installed home theater system
- symmetrical driver design allows for vertical or horizontal installation
- install a pair vertically for stereo music or as the left and right channels of a home theater
- install one horizontally as a center channel
- 1" carbon dome tweeter
- dual 4" Continuum cone midrange/bass drivers
- dual 4" aramid fiber/paper cone bass drivers
- frequency response: 45-28,000 Hz (±3dB)
- recommended amplifier power: 25 to 150 watts
- nominal impedance: 8 ohms
- sensitivity: 86 dB
- magnetic grille is paintable to match your décor
- cutout dimensions: 5-13/16"W x 23-1/2"H
- overall dimensions: 6-9/16"W x 24-5/8"H
- mounting depth: 3-11/16"
- weight: 13.75 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # FP41033
What's in the box:
- In-wall loudspeaker
- Mounting frame
- Paint shield
- Cutout Template
- Installation Instructions
- Warranty Information
Bowers & Wilkins Reference Series CWM7.4 S2 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Bowers & Wilkins Reference Series CWM7.4 S2
Features & specs
|Quantity in Package||Single|
|Woofer Composition||Aramid fiber/paper cone|
|Connector Type||Spring post|
|Power Range (Watts)||25-150|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
2.5-Way Driver Design: The Bowers & Wilkins CWM7.4 S2 features a 2.5-way driver with one 1" Carbon eome tweeter, two 4" Continuum cone midrange driver, and twin 4" Aramid Fiber/paper bass cones. The 1" Carbon dome tweeter delivers pinpoint imaging accuracy and detail, while the two Continumm FST cone midrange drivers provide a natural and open midrange sound. The twin Aramid Fiber/paper bass cone woofers produce smooth articulate bass.
Spring-Post Terminals: The B&W CWM7.4 S2 in-wall loudspeaker is outfitted with spring-post terminals that will accommodate bare speaker wire (up to 12AWG), pin connectors, and banana plugs (single only).
Magnetic & Paintable Grilles: The Bowers & Wilkins CWM7.4 S2 in-wall loudspeaker includes easy-to-install magnetic grilles that are also paintable. The grille protrudes 0.3125" from the wall.
In-Wall Installation: The B&W CWM7.4 S2 requires a rectangular cutout and is secured in the wall via the included mounting frame with integrated "QuickDogs" spring-loaded clamps that tighten using phillips-head screws. The cutout will need to measure 5.8125" (w) x 23.5" (h) x 3.6875" (d). Make sure there is a least 0.75" of clearance around the cutout opening for the integrated "QuickDogs" clamps. The mounting clamps will accommodate 0.25" to 1.0" thick drywall.
Note: Before installing the CWM7.4 S2 in-wall speaker, you should ensure that the ceiling location chosen is free of obstructions such as pipe work, ducting or wiring that will interfere with the installation. In existing drywall construction, use a stud-finding tool to help you map the ceiling construction and a pipe detector to scan the proposed installation location.
Applications: Designed for in-wall use, the B&W CWM.74 S2 can be used as a front, center, or rear channel speakers in a home theater system. It can also be used in a 2ch stereo setup.
- Home Theater: When used as front channels, the left and right speakers should be located on either side of the screen approximately 20" away. When used as a center channel, the speaker should be located either directly above or below the screen; or in the case of an acoustically transparent screen, directly behind the screen. As rear surround channels, the speakers should be located just behind and one either side of the listening position.
- 2-Channel Stereo: For applications where a pair of CWM7.4 S2 speakers are to be used for conventional stereo reproduction, they should be located between 10' and 16.5' apart and a similar distance in front of the listening area.
- Try to avoid corner locations for any of the speakers and to ensure that the acoustic environment around each speaker is similar.
- The nature of the installation of in-wall speakers means that it is sometimes impractical to locate them in the acoustically ideal positions. In these cases they should be located as close as is practical to the ideal positions.
1 question already asked