About the Bowers & Wilkins P3 Series 2
An accessible taste of the good life
An accessible taste of the good life
The B&W P3 series 2 headphones are made of high-grade materials like aluminum and leather.
When Bowers & Wilkins designed this second version of their P3 on-ear headphones, they didn't stray too far from the original — for good reason. The first series was a hit among Crutchfield customers and professional reviewers, so this is more of a refresh than a reboot. You still get the lightweight, elegant design, but like with any great sequel, they've raised the stakes a bit. Genuine leather lines the headband and earcups for a high-end look and feel.
B&W also tweaked the drivers for a more balanced, natural sound. Yet even with these extra perks, the price tag is reasonable — offering you a step into the luxury world of Bowers & Wilkins audio without breaking the bank.
Comfortable and portable
These 'phones are made for grab-and-go listening. They fold up into a compact bundle that slides into the included carrying case or your bag. When you take them out to wear them, the solid aluminum frame keeps them in place as you move.
Memory foam inside the leather headband and rectangular earpads helps cushion the snug fit. If a call comes through, you can simply punch the remote on the listening cable, and answer without removing the headphones. You can also control music and volume on an iPhone®.
- on-ear headphones with closed back design
- redesigned Mylar® diaphragm drivers deliver natural, detailed sound
- sheepskin leather earpads and headband for exceptional comfort and durability
- sculpted aluminum frame offers lightweight, durable elegance
- folds into a compact, portable bundle
- 2 cables included:
- detachable mic/remote control cord with stereo mini plug for use with an iPhone or iPad®
- detachable straight cord with stereo mini plug
- protective carrying case included
- frequency response: 10-20,000 Hz
- impedance: 34 ohms
- sensitivity: 111 dB
- weight: 4.6 ounces
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # FP39144
What's in the box:
- On-ear headphones with an attached 51" cable and in-line remote/mic (straight 3.5mm plug)
- 51" Audio cable with straight 3.5mm plug
- Hard clamshell storage case
- Quick Start Guide
- Safety Instructions and Warranty
- B&W product booklet
Bowers & Wilkins P3 Series 2 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Bowers & Wilkins P3 Series 2
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height||1.885" x 2.43"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||Yes|
|Voice Assistant Access|
|Frequency Response||10-20k Hz|
|Cord Length||51" + 51"|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The Bowers & Wilkins P3 Series 2 on-ear headphones feature a hinged, folding design. Like the original P3s, the Series 2 headphones have lightweight Mylar diaphragms, changeable ear cushions, and come with two 51" interchangeable cables and a clamshell hard case.
Drivers: The P3 Series 2s are equipped with 30mm full-range drivers with neodymium magnets and Mylar-damped laminate diaphragms for a natural sound with exceptional detail. Its unique damping system controls the movement of the diaphragms so you hear all of the detail and clarity.
Headphone Cables: The P3 Series 2s include two 51" cables, one of which has an in-line microphone and an Apple-compatible remote. The cables are attached underneath the magnetically attached hear pads. Both cables are terminated into a straight 3.5mm plug. The remote and microphone are compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPad mini, and iPod.
Foldable Design: The P3 Series 2 headphones are hinged so they can fold up for storage in the supplied hard shell case.
- Frequency Response: 10Hz to 20kHz
- Impedance: 34 Ohms
- THD: <0.5% (1 kHz/10mW)
- Sensitivity: 111dB/V at 1 kHz
- Maximum Input Power: 50mW
- Dimensions: Ear cup: Width 1.885", Height 2.43", Depth 1.098"
- Weight: 4.7 ounces with cable
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?