About the Bowers & Wilkins Panorama 3
Slim bar, high-performance sound
The elegant-looking Bowers & Wilkins Panorama 3 delivers a broad and elevated soundstage for immersive Dolby Atmos home theater.
Slim bar, high-performance sound
Bowers & Wilkins has decades of experience building high-performance audio gear, and their excellent speakers and headphones are well-known around the world. The Panorama 3 is the company's latest premium sound bar, and their first ever to feature immersive Dolby Atmos surround sound.
This sound bar was designed without compromise with the intent of producing the best performance possible from a one-speaker system. This single slim bar delivers accurate, room-filling home theater sound, and it's low-profile design allows it to fit under most TV screens.
An impressive array of speakers
The Panorama 3 has no less than 13 built-in speakers. The front left and right channels are positioned near the end of the bar to deliver a wide soundstage and enveloping effects. And two dedicated up-firing channels bounce sound down to your listening position from overhead, giving TV, game, and movie soundtracks a sense of height. The bar also features a low-frequency channel, which produce powerful bass to add impact to the action onscreen.
This 3.1.2-channel configuration allows the sound bar to precisely direct sound for spatial audio that feels like it's coming from all around you — all without placing multiple speakers around your room or running wire across the floor.
Music streaming options aplenty
You can control this sound bar and play music from your mobile device using the Bowers & Wilkins Music App. The bar comes with built-in Spotify Connect, and the app supports a ton of streaming services like Qobuz, TIDAL, Deezer, and TuneIn. Built-in Bluetooth with aptX® Adaptive gives you another option for high-quality audio streaming. The system even supports playback of high-res audio sources up to 24-bit resolution.
Built-in AirPlay 2
Apple fans are in good hands. AirPlay 2 lets you stream using an iPhone® or iPad® and connect the sound bar to the AirPlay ecosystem. If you're a subscriber to Apple Music®, you can also use Siri to control and play that service with your voice too.
Create a multi-room audio system with Formation
The Panorama 3 can tie into a wireless multi-room audio ecosystem by connecting to compatible Formation and Zeppelin speakers. You can control music all around your house with the Bowers & Wilkins Music App. Play the same song everywhere at once or different music in each room. The kids can listen to "How Far I'll Go" from the Moana soundtrack (again) in the living room while you jam to Two Cello's cover of "Trooper" in the kitchen cooking dinner at the same time.
Convenient voice control
With Alexa built-in, you can control the sound bar system with just your voice. You can also ask Alexa to play music, make calls, check the weather, snag recipes, and more. Forget the name of the actor who plays the protagonist in Memento? You can sort that out with Alexa, then maybe write it down just in case — while "I Don't Remember" by Peter Gabriel plays in the background.
- powered 3.1.2-channel sound bar with built-in voice control and support for Dolby Atmos
- sleek, low-profile design allows the sound bar to fit under most TVs
- 13 built-in speakers deliver spacious, accurate sound
- left and right front channels, each with 2 full-range drivers and a separate tweeter
- dedicated center channel with 2 full-range drivers and a separate tweeter for clear dialogue
- left and right up-firing Atmos drivers for overhead effects
- subwoofer channel with two built-in woofers for powerful bass
- supports high-res audio streaming up to 24-bit resolution
- built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth with aptX Adaptive for wireless music streaming from compatible devices
- built-in voice control with Amazon Alexa lets you control the sound bar with your voice
- Apple AirPlay® 2 lets you easily stream from an iPhone® or iPad® and ask Siri to play Apple Music
- connects to your home network via Ethernet cable or Wi-Fi
Bowers & Wilkins Music App:
- free download from Apple® App Store and Google Play
- set up your sound bar and control it from an Android® or iOS® mobile device
- connect with compatible Bowers & Wilkins Formation and Zeppelin speakers to play the same song simultaneously or different songs in different rooms
- stream from a variety of services, including Deezer, Qobuz, SoundCloud, TIDAL, NTS Radio, and TuneIn (subscriptions required for some services)
- Spotify Connect built-in (subscription required)
- Spotify Hi-Fi to be added with a future firmware update
- 1 HDMI port
- eARC (enhanced Audio Return Channel) to connect to your compatible TV with a single cable
- supports Dolby Digital, Dolby Atmos, and Dolby TrueHD
- optical digital audio input
- Ethernet port for a secure, wired connection
- USB-C input (service only)
- wall-mountable (includes bracket)
- 47-9/16"W x 2-1/2"H x 5-13/16"D
- weight: 13.77 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # FP42013
What's in the box:
- Active soundbar speaker
- 6.5' AC power cord
- 39" HDMI cable
- 2 Machine screws
- Quick Start Guide
- Intallation Instructions
- Safety & Warranty Booklet
Bowers & Wilkins Panorama 3 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Bowers & Wilkins Panorama 3
Features & specs
|Number Of Channels||3.1.2|
|Optical Digital Inputs||1|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||None|
|HDMI ARC Input||Yes|
|HDMI eARC Input||Yes|
|3.5mm Stereo Analog Inputs||None|
|RCA Stereo Analog Inputs||None|
|USB Type-A Input||No|
|Tweeter||0.75" Dome (3)|
|Midrange||2" Cone (8)|
|Woofer||4" Cone (2)|
|System Frequency Response||43-48k Hz|
|Sound Bar RMS Power||---|
|Subwoofer RMS Power||N/A|
|HDMI Video Pass-through Resolution||N/A|
|HDR Video Compatible||N/A|
|Voice Control||Alexa built-in|
|Control by App||Apple iOS, Android|
|Remote IR Passthrough||No|
|Learns TV Remote||No|
|Bluetooth Connectivity||Built-in 4.1|
|Online Music Sources||via Music B&W app|
|Apple AirPlay||AirPlay 2|
|Files on Your Network||No|
|Built-in Wi-Fi Version||802.11ac|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Yes|
|Sound Bar Size (inches)||2-1/2H x 47-9/16W x 5-13/16D|
|Sound Bar Weight||13.77 lbs|
|Subwoofer Size (inches)||No Subwoofer|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Active Soundbar Speaker
13 Driver Array: The Bowers & Wilkins Panorama 3 active soundbar speaker features 13 individual positioned drivers - including a dedicated center channel, dual upward-firing drivers, and twin subwoofers - that are powered by a total of 400 watts (Peak) of amplification to deliver an immersive and spatial 3D (three-dimensional) audio listening experience.
- Stereo Front Channels: The discrete left & right front channels each consist of a 0.75" titanium dome tweeter and two 2" woven glass fiber cone midbass drivers for a wide stereo soundstage.
- Dedicated Center Channel: A dedicated center channel that consists of one 0.75" titanium dome tweeter and two 2" woven glass fiber cone midrange drivers delivers excellent dialog and vocal ineligibility.
- Dolby Atmos Drivers: Thanks to dual 2" upward-firing drivers, each housed in an individual acoustic chamber, the Panorama 3 projects tightly focused sound upwards onto your ceiling to deliver immersive Dolby Atmos spatial 3D audio effects.
- Twin Subwoofers: Twin 4" subwoofers produce rich, impactfull bass for both your movie and music soundtracks.
Note: Because the soundbar does not have discrete surround channels, the surround informatin from Dolby Digital & Dolby Atmos soundtracks are mixed in with the soundbar's front and up-firing drivers.
Dolby Atmos: The B&W Panorama 3 utilizes two discrete upward firing drivers that act as height channels to reflect sound off your ceiling to produce a 3.1.2ch Dolby Atmos surround sound experience. Dolby Atmos is an object-based surround format that designates different sounds to specific places in the room rather than channels, thus creating a more realistic home theater experience.
- The Bowers & Wilkins Panorama 3 also supports Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, and Dolby TrueHD.
- The B&W Panorama 3 does not support DTS, DTS-HD, DTS:X, or any other DTS audio format.
Note: Getting Dolby Atmos sound is dependent on the source material, as well as the TV passing a Dolby Atmos signal via HDMI eARC.
HDMI eARC: The Panorama 3 soundbar can connect to your TV via HDMI eARC or HDMI ARC. HDMI eARC will provide the best performance. eARC stands for enhanced Audio Return Channel and allows full-resolution sound signals, including Dolby Atmos, to be passed from your TV to the soundbar.
- eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel): If you connect to a TV with eARC, the multichannel audio formats supported include Dolby Atmos, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus, and Dolby Digital.
- ARC (Audio Return Channel): If you connect to a TV using ARC, the multichannel audio formats supported are dependent on your TV model and manufacturer. The TV may be capable of sending Dolby Atmos (compressed version only), Dolby Digital Plus, and Dolby Digital.
Note: The HDMI eARC jack supports audio transmission only; it does not support video.
Optical Digital Audio Input: The B&W Panorama 3 is also outfitted with an optical (toslink) digital audio input to connect to your TV. The optical digital input supports 2ch PCM and 5.1ch Dolby Digital audio signals (it does not support Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos, or DTS audio formats).
- The digital optical output terminals of some flat-panel TVs only send an audio signal in 5.1ch when receiving Dolby Digital surround sound from the TV's built-in tuner, network connection, or connected USB device; and will output only 2ch stereo from sources connected to the TV via HDMI, or RCA (like your Blue-ray/DVD player or satellite/cable box).
- The B&W Panorama 3 does not offer an analog input.
Bluetooth 5.0: The B&W Panorama 3 features built-in Bluetooth 5.0 with support for wireless audio streaming (A2DP) and control (AVRCP). You'll be able to wirelessly stream stored music, music apps, and other audio content from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, tablet, desktop computer, or laptop to the soundbar system. You are able to control basic playback functions like Volume Up/Down and Play/Pause from the soundbar. Advanced navigation and song/artist/album information will still be done from your Bluetooth-enabled device.
- Supported Codecs:In addition to support for the standard SBC Bluetooth audio codec, the Panorama 3offers support for AAC & aptX Adaptive codecs for higher quality audio streaming from select Apple & Android devices. By supporting AAC, the Panorama 3 offers better audio performance of the music streamed from your Apple iPod, iPhone, or iPad. aptX Adaptive provides even better sound quality with lossless, CD-quality streaming for compatible aptX-compatible Android smartphones or Mac computers, by dynamic auto-adjusting to your wireless streaming content.
- Multi-Device Pairing: You can pair up to 8 devices with the soundbar speaker system, but only one device can be active at a time. The Panorama 3 will automatically connect to the last connected audio source device if the two are brought within range (up to 33') of one another, even if another paired device is also within range.
Note: The Panorama 3 does not support Bluetooth hands-free communication for making and answering phone calls.
TV Remote Control: Through HDMI-CEC and the Music Bowers & Wilkins App (for Apple iOS 12.0+ and Android OS 5.0+), the Panorama 3 is able to learn and respond to TV remote control volume and mute commands. Some commonly used control functions (such as Volume Up/Down & Play/Pause) are also available via touch buttons on the soundbar's top-panel.
Note: The B&W Panorama 3 is primarily intended to be configured and controlled using the Music Bowers & Wilkins app (for Apple iOS and Android). The Panorama 3 does not come with its own remote control.
Auto On/Off: The Panorama 3 will automatically turn on when it senses an audio signal from either its HDMI eARC jack, optical digital input, network connection, or a paired Bluetooth device. The soundbar will automatically power off after twenty minutes of no audio signal and no operation.
Mounting Options: The Panorama 3 can be centered directly under or above your TV screen. The soundbar can be placed on a shelf, table or piece of AV furniture using its integrated mounting feet (pre-installed). It can also be wall-mounted using the included wall bracket and mounting template (wall mounting screws sold separately and available at your local hardware store).
Network Multiroom Audio
Wired & Wireless Network Connectivity: The Bowers & Wilkins Panorama 3 supports a wired (Ethernet) or wireless (WiFi) network connection. The Panorama 3 is equipped with an RJ-45 LAN jack for a wired connection to your network router. It also offers built-in 2.4GHz WiFi (802.11n) for a wireless connection to your network router. By connecting the Panorama 3 to your network, you gain access to select online music services, Spotify Connect, Apple AirPlay 2, and B&W's proprietary Formation & Zeppelin wireless multiroom audio eco-system.
Note: The Music Bowers & Wilkins App (for Apple iOS 12.0+ and Android OS 5.0+) is required to connect your Panorama 3 to your home network and also to establish connection with Bowers & Wilkins Formation & Zeppelin Series speakers in your home.
Music Bowers & Wilkins App: The Music Bowers & Wilkins App (for Apple iOS 12.0+ and Android OS 5.0+) provides simple setup and control from your compatible Apple iOS or Android mobile device. Use the Music Bowers & Wilkins app to connect the Panorama 3 and other Formation Series speakers to your WiFi network. The app also lets you access select online music services, while also controlling basic functions - such as Source Selection, Volume Up/Down, as well as Bass & Treble of the speaker. In addition, the app lets you create a wireless multiroom audio mesh network with other Bowers & Wilkins Formation and Zeppelin speakers for a whole house audio experience. You'll be able to control each speaker in your home through this one application on your compatible Apple iOS or Android OS device. Software and firmware updates are also enabled through the Music Bowers & Wilkins app.
Wireless Multiroom Audio: The Panorama 3 can be used along with the Bowers & Wilkins Formation & Zeppelin Series speaker (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) to create a wireless multiroom high-resolution audio system.
- Number of Speaker Groups: You can have up to six Bowers & Wilkins Series speakers on one wireless mesh network. You can group speakers together and play the same audio source through each speaker or have different audio sources playing through each speaker.
- Compatible Sources: Tidal, Tune In, Qobuz, NTS, Soundcloud, Dash, Spotify Connect, and Bluetooth audio are supported by wireless multiroom audio. AirPlay 2 is not compatible because its an independent and alternative multiroom audio platform.
Online Music Apps: Within the Music Bowers & Wilkins app for Apple iOS 12.0+ and Android OS 5.0+) you can access select online music services; including Tidal, Tune In, Qobuz, NTS, Soundcloud, and Dash. You'll also have browsing and playback control, plus song/artist/album information (including album art) from the Music B&W app for the listed online music services. The Music Bowers & Wilkins app even gives you cross-service personalized track and playlist recommendations, plus exclusive access to curated Bowers & Wilkins content
Alexa Built-In: The Panoram 3 soundbar features an intergrated microphone array and offers Alexa built-in, so you can use your voice to ask the speaker to play your favorite song from compatible Alexa online music services and internet radio. You'll be able to use Alexa and your voice to access and control online music services such as Amazon Music, Pandora, SiriusXM, iHeartradio, Tune In, and more (Tidal, Qobuz, NTS, Soundcloud, and Dash are not supported by Alexa). You'll need to setup up Alexa voice using the Music Bowers & Wilkins app (for Apple iOS 12.0+ and Android OS 5.0+), plus the Alexa app (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 6.0+).
- Soundbar Control: You can ask Alexa to playback a compatible online music service, a specific artist, or music genre on the B&W Panoram 3. Alexa can also be used to control basic playback functions such as Volume Up/Down, Play/Stop, Pause/Resume, Previous/Next Track, and Fast Forward/Rewind. You can even ask Alexa "what's playing" to be told the song title and artist. In addition, you can create a multiroom audio distribution system with other Alexa-enabled speakers and devices.
- Other Control: The Panorama 3's Alexa built-in feature can also be used similar to an Amazon Echo device, allowing you to ask about weather forecasts, news updates, sports scores, and more. You can also control your Alexa-enabled smarthome devices through the soundbar's Alexa built-in feature.
- Only music services that have been certified to work with Bowers & Wilkins are supported; other services may appear but will not be supported. Alexa playback control is music service dependent (the music service must support the same features).
- The Panorama 3 is not compatible with all Amazon Alexa features, skills, and commands.Click here for a full updated list of Amazon Alexa Bowers & Wilkins Skills.
Apple AirPlay 2: AirPlay 2 is an advanced and easy-to-use wireless multiroom audio platform for iTunes, Apple Music, and other compatible Apple iOS apps. With AirPlay 2 you can play any sound from your Apple iOS device (running iOS 11.4 or later) or Mac computer (running OS X 10.13.2) on the B&W Panorama 3 and other compatible AirPlay 2 components throughout your home. You can choose to play audio in one room, play the same audio in grouped rooms, or play the same audio in every room (you can control and group directly from Apple's Music App and Home app on your Apple iOS device). If you are an Apple Music subscriber, you can even play different music in different rooms (you can control and group directly from Apple's Music App and Home app on your Apple iOS device). You can even watch videos and movies from YouTube and Netflix on your compatible Apple iOS device or Mac computer with perfectly synced audio on the Bowers & Wilkins Panorama 3.You will also be able to ask Siri-enabled devices (like your Apple iPhone, iPad, or Watch) to control playback of your Apple Music on the Panorama 3.
Spotify Connect: The integration of Spotify Connect will enable Spotify users to instantly select and wirelessly stream music to the B&W Panorama 3 from within the Spotify app (Apple iOS or Android OS). Spotify is a digital music service that gives you on-demand access to one of the largest music libraries in the world (over 15 million tracks and counting). Spotify makes it easier than ever to discover, manage, and share music with your friends. You can browse music by artist, album, track, or most popular; and create your own music library with customized playlists.