About the Bowers & Wilkins PI3
Classic sound meets on-trend design
The B&W PI3 in-ear headphones rest comfortably on your neck and play music wirelessly via Bluetooth.
Classic sound meets on-trend design
Bowers & Wilkins is a legendary British audio company whose speakers are used in famous recording studios like Abbey Road. In recent years, they've been on the cutting edge when it comes to wireless headphones. So it's no surprise that the B&W PI3 earbuds sport the popular neckband design — or that they're packed with state-of-the-art Bluetooth technology.
And true to the company's sound-focused roots, you'll find a sophisticated dual-driver system in each earbud. A 9.2mm dynamic driver delivers tight, powerful bass, while a balanced armature driver offers rich detail in the highs and mids.
The latest and greatest in wireless audio
Music plays wirelessly from your phone via Bluetooth 5.0 — the strongest, most reliable Bluetooth yet. The PI3 are also the first set of earbuds to feature aptX® Adaptive technology. This versatile wireless audio codec automatically detects if you're in an area with competing Bluetooth signals, and adjusts accordingly. In those crowded areas, it will optimize reliability over sound quality.
In places with no competing wireless signals, it will better preserve the audio quality with compatible phones. The aptX Adaptive technology can also sense when you're watching a video on, say, Netflix® or YouTube™, and keep latency low. So the audio and video should be better synced up.
Lightweight and convenient for calls and music
If you've never worn this type of headphone, the rigid band actually rests on your collar area, allowing you to move your head around freely. The lightweight earbuds seem like they are hardly there at all. The cables and neckband are coated with a silicone and rubber mixture that feels soft to the touch.
Plus, there are in-line controls for music and phone calls. The built-in microphone is designed to reduce background noise and keep conversations clear.
Comfortable ear tips that stay in place
With in-ear headphones, finding a good, stable fit is important for both comfort and sound. A proper seal can help isolate noise and reinforce bass response. B&W includes three sizes of soft, flexible ear tips and three sizes of ear "fins" to further secure the headphones.
- Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity for wireless music listening and phone calls
- aptX® Adaptive automatically adjusts to prioritize audio quality or low latency, depending on the listening situation
- aptX HD and AAC decoding provides high-quality music streaming from compatible devices
- earbud cables connect to a rigid neckband that rests comfortably around your neck
- neckband and cables coated in soft silicone and rubber
- dual-driver system delivers rich sound with detailed highs and strong bass
- each earbud features one 9.2mm full-range dynamic driver and one balanced armature
- rechargeable battery offers up to 8 hours of listening
- 15 minute quick charge provides enough power for 2 hours of listening
- three-button remote on neckband for controlling music and phone calls
- built-in microphone for making phone calls
- includes three pairs of ear tips to ensure a comfortable, secure fit
- three sizes of silicone ear "fins" help further stabilize the earbuds
- magnetic earbuds let you snap them together to wear around your neck when not in use
- USB-C charging cable
- carrying case
- frequency response: 10-30,000 Hz
- weight: 1.1 oz.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # FP41319
What's in the box:
- In-ear wireless neckband headphones with 31" connecting cable (Space Grey)
- 3 Pairs of silicone ear tips (1 pair installed)
- 3 Pairs of silicone ear stabilizers (1 pair installed)
- 8" Charging cable (Type A USB on one end and USB-C on other end)
- Storage pouch
- Quick Start Guide
- Safety & Warranty booklet
Bowers & Wilkins PI3 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Bowers & Wilkins PI3
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height||0.619" x 0.437"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||Yes|
|Voice Assistant Access|
|Frequency Response||10-30k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The Bowers & Wilkins (B&W) PI3 wireless in-ear neckband headphones feature Bluetooth version 5.0 with aptX Adaptive for superior audio. The PI3 neckband headphones come with a 30" connecting cable that drapes behind the neck so it's out of the way. They come with three sets of silicone ear tips and stabilizers, an 8" USB-C charging cable, and a fabric storage pouch.
Bluetooth 5.0: The PI3 wireless headphones feature Bluetooth 5.0 with aptX Adaptive for high fidelity, 24-bit wireless streaming audio from your smartphone, tablet, or computer. aptX Adaptive automatically adjusts to provide optimum audio quality or latency depending on what content is being played on the device. It is also backwards compatible with aptX and aptX HD enabled devices. SBC (Low Complexity Sub-band Coding) and AAC (Advanced Audio Coding) also assure high quality audio. The headphones support the following Bluetooth platforms: A2DP (v1.3.1), AVRCP (v1.6.1), HFP (v1.7.1), HSP (v1.2) and BLE GATT (Generic Attribute Profile). The PI3s can connect up to two devices at the same time, however, only one device at a time can play audio or take calls.
Bowers & Wilkins Headphones App: The Bowers & Wilkins Headphones App (2019 version) is designed to optimize the use of the PI3 headphones with your smartphone or tablet. Opening the app on your device automatically makes pairing extremely easy. The app indicates the battery charge level of your headphones. The app is compatible with iOS (11.0 or later) and Android (5.0 and up) devices. Through the app, you can take advantage of the following features:
- Switch Connections: The app can help you switch from one phone connection to another.
- Voice Prompts: Voice Prompts can provide spoken confirmation of commands, as well as pairing and battery status. In the app, you can turn the Voice Prompts on or off.
- Power Off Timer: When you have finished listening, you can use the app to customize how long your headphones will stay on before powering off. You can choose from 60, 30, 15, 10, or 5 minutes, or Off.
- Software Updates: Software updates are frequently released to add new features or keep your headphones performing optimally. The app will notify your when an update is available, and allow you to download the update and load it to your headphones.
Note: The B&W PX app is not compatible with the PI3 headphones.
Rechargeable Battery: The headphones are powered by a rechargeable Lithium Polymer battery that is charged via USB with the supplied USB-C cable. With a 3 hour full charge, the PI3 Wireless headphones offer up to 8 hours of battery life using Bluetooth. A 15-minute Quick Charge provides a solid 2 hours of playback.
Drivers: The PI3 wireless headphones feature custom-designed 9.2mm Hybrid Dynamic-balanced Armature drivers. The drivers are powered by two separate dedicated amplifiers to produce a wide, accurate soundstage. The ear buds have magnets on the back that allow you to connect them together when you're not listening to keep them securely around your neck.
Ear Tips and Stabilizers: Three pairs of silicone ear tips (Small, Medium, Large) are included to help ensure you get the best fit. In addition, the three pairs of stabilizer fins help to keep the ear tips in your ear during rigorous activites.
In-line Controls: The headphone controls are located on two separate in-line control modules. The power button is on the left control, while the volume and multi-function buttons are on the right control. The multi-function button lets you play or pause playback, skip to the next or previous track, answer or end phone calls, decline calls, and switch between two calls.
- Frequency Response: 10Hz to 30kHz
- Distortion (THD): <0.3% (1 kHz/10 mW)
- Ear Bud Dimensions: Width 0.619", Height 0.437", Depth 0.986"
- Weight: 1.1 ounces
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked