About the Bowers & Wilkins PI5
Chic, wire-free earbuds that can silence the noise
The B&W PI5 true wireless earbuds are made of premium, water-resistant materials and play music wirelessly via Bluetooth.
Chic, wire-free earbuds that can silence the noise
Bowers and Wilkins leaned heavily on legacy and their stellar audio chops when designing the PI5 true wireless earbuds. These 100% wire-free headphones share many characteristics with B&W's legendary speakers — they're attractive, well-built, and they deliver a refined sound. Plus, they're loaded with convenience features including touch controls and hybrid noise canceling technology.
Touch or tap either earbud to control music, calls, noise cancellation and more.
Reliable wireless performance and mobile app
Bluetooth 5.0 is on board, a newer version of the popular wireless technology. That means a stronger, more stable connection for playing music and podcasts — or making calls — with your phone.
You can also download the optional Bowers & Wilkins headphone app, available free for Apple® and Android™. It will give you further control of the sound and noise cancellation, right on your phone. Also on the app, B&W loaded a selection of relaxing "SoundScapes" nature sounds to choose from.
You get 4.5 hours of listening with noise cancellation on a full charge, and the charging case banks up to 20 hours of power.
Large drivers offer balanced, detailed sound
True to the company's sound-focused roots, you'll find a powerful 9.2mm dynamic driver in each earbud. These drivers were inspired by the engineers responsible for B&W's flagship loudspeakers. They are tuned for clear, well-balanced sound with precise stereo imaging.
Comfortable ear tips that stay in place
With in-ear headphones, finding a good, stable fit is important for both comfort and sound. And with noise-canceling headphones, a proper sound-isolating seal is half the battle. It also helps reinforce bass response. B&W includes three sizes of soft, flexible ear tips to ensure a snug, secure fit.
- 100% wire-free headphones
- no connecting cord between left and right earbuds
- Bluetooth 5.0 for wireless music listening and phone calls
- aptX® decoding for high-quality music streaming from a compatible device
- multi-point connection for pairing to two devices at once
- compatible with "Fast Pair" feature on phones running Android 6.0 or above
- 9.2mm dynamic drivers tuned for well-rounded, detailed sound
- durable, IP54 sweat- and water-resistant design
Active noise cancellation and controls:
- dual-mic noise-canceling circuitry to minimize external noise
- designed to preserve listening experience by not interfering with audio quality
- touch controls on each earbud for noise cancellation, music playback, and calls
- "ambient pass-through" turns off noise-canceling so you can hear your surroundings
- access Google Assistant, Alexa, or Siri using the button on the right earbud
- Bowers & Wilkins app for adjusting noise cancellation and sound (free download for Apple® and Android™)
- choose from "SoundScapes" nature sounds designed for relaxation
Charging case and battery info:
- built-in rechargeable batteries offers 4.5 hours of listening with noise cancellation
- carrying case banks up to 9 hours of power to wirelessly recharge headphones
- wireless charging available with compatible Qi chargers (not included)
- 15 minutes inside case provides enough power for 2 hours of listening with noise cancellation
- USB-C to USB-C cable included for charging case
Accessories and specs:
- includes 3 sizes of silicone sleeves to keep earbuds secure
- frequency response: 10-20,000 Hz
- weight: 0.56 ounces (both earbuds)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # FP42579
What's in the box:
- Left and right true wireless in-ear headphones (white)
- Charging case (white)
- 3 Pairs of silicone ear tips (1 pair installed)
- 31" USB-C charging cable (USB-C plugs on both ends)
- Quick Start Guide
- Safety & Warranty
Bowers & Wilkins PI5 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Bowers & Wilkins PI5
Features & specs
|Fit Style||True Wireless|
|Earcup Width x Height||0.879" x 0.675"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||Yes|
|Voice Assistant Access|
|Frequency Response||10-20k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The Bowers & Wilkins (B&W) PI5 True Wireless in-ear headphones feature Bluetooth version 5.0 with aptX for high quality audio, as well as Adaptive Noise Cancellation. The PI5s come with a charging case, three pairs of silicone ear tips, and a USB-C charging cable. The PI5s are covered by a two-year warranty.
Charging Case: The PI5s come with a sturdy and attractive charging case for charging the earbuds when not in use. The case is equipped with two 350mAh/2.59Wh rechargeable batteries. Each earbud has a rechargeable battery which provides up to 4 hours of wireless playback. Including the charging case, the PI5 can provide up to 12 hours of continuous playback. The earbuds fully charge inside the case in approximately 3 hours. A 15-minute quick charge provides up to 2 hours of playback time. You can charge the case using the included USB-C cable, or by placing the case on a Qi-compatible wireless charging pad. Charging case dimensions: Width 2.42", Height 2.182", Depth 1.091", Weight 1.65 ounces (2.15 ounces including earbuds).
Bluetooth 5.0: The PI5 true wireless headphones feature Bluetooth 5.0 with aptX for high fidelity wireless streaming audio from your smartphone, tablet, or computer. SBC (Low Complexity Sub-band Coding) and AAC (Advanced Audio Coding) also assure high quality audio. The headphones support the following Bluetooth platforms: A2DP (v1.3.1), AVRCP (v1.6.1), HFP (v1.7.1), HSP (v1.2) and BLE GATT (Generic Attribute Profile). The PI5s can connect up to two devices at the same time, however, only one device at a time can play audio or take calls. For compatible Android devices, the PI5 can pair using GFP (Google Fast Pair), allowing you to pair the headphones by placing the charging case within 4 inches of the device.
Adaptive Noise Cancellation: The B&W PI5 headphones feature the latest innovations in adaptive noise cancellation. Noise-cancelling microphones pick up ambient noise and cancel it with an equal, but opposite, audio signal. You can activate ANC using the multi-function button on the left earbud or the B&W Headphone App. In the app, you can choose between three levels of Adaptive Noise Cancellation:
- High: Recommended for use in consistently noisy environments, such as an airplane cabin.
- Low: The low setting lets you listen to your music in places where you need to be aware of your surrounding.
- Auto: Intelligent sensors determine the amount of noise-cancelling that is needed depending upon your current environment.
Ambient Pass-Through: When you need to stay aware of your surroundings, you can activate and adjust the Ambient Pass-Through feature. Ambient Pass-Through allows in some external noise from your surroundings so you can hear announcements, conversations, or oncoming traffic without taking your headphones off. In the B&W Headphones App, you can enable/disable and adjust the amount of transparency of the Ambient Pass-Through feature.
Wear Sensors: The PI5's feature wear detection sensors in each earbud. The earbuds will enter standby mode when they are removed from the ears. When placed back in the ears, the PI5s will automatically awake and reconnect to the last connected Bluetooth device. During media playback, the PI5 automatically pause the content when either earbud is removed from the ear, and resume when the earbud is replaced. The wear sensor functionality is turned on/off in the B&W Headphone app.
Controls: Each earbud has a touch-sensitive multifunction button. Playback and phone call control can be performed with either earbud with single (play/pause, answer call), double (skip forward, end call), or triple presses (skip backward). Holding the left earbud's multifunction button for 1 second enables/disables Adaptive Noise Cancelling. Holding the right earbud's button for 1 second activates your device's voice assistant.
Drivers: The PI5 wireless headphones feature 9.2mm dynamic drivers.
Ear Tips: Three pairs of silicone ear tips (Small, Medium, Large) are included to help ensure you get the best fit.
Bowers & Wilkins Headphones App: The Bowers & Wilkins Headphones App (2019 version) is designed to optimize the use of the PI5 headphones with your smartphone or tablet. Opening the app on your device automatically makes pairing extremely easy. The app indicates the battery charge level of your headphones. The app is compatible with iOS (11.0 or later) and Android (7.0 and up) devices. Through the app, you can take advantage of the following features:
- Switch Connections: The app can help you switch from one phone connection to another.
- Noise Cancellation: The app lets you choose between High, Low, or Auto levels of noise cancellation.
- Ambient Pass-Through: You can enable/disable this feature, and adjust the level of transparency.
- Voice Prompts: Voice Prompts can provide spoken confirmation of commands, as well as pairing and battery status. In the app, you can turn the Voice Prompts on or off.
- Power Off Timer: When you have finished listening, you can use the app to customize how long your headphones will stay on before powering off. You can choose from 60, 30, 15, 10, or 5 minutes, or Off.
- Software Updates: Software updates are frequently released to add new features or keep your headphones performing optimally. The app will notify your when an update is available, and allow you to download the update and load it to your headphones.
- Frequency Response: 10Hz to 20kHz
- Distortion (THD): <0.3% (1 kHz/10 mW)
- Ear Bud Dimensions: Width 0.879", Height 0.675", Depth 1.073"
- Weight: 0.5 ounces (both earbuds)