About the Bowers & Wilkins PX7 Wireless
Erase the noise. Add pristine, powerful B&W sound
Erase the noise. Add pristine, powerful B&W sound
Bowers & Wilkins' original PX Wireless headphones were a major hit — particularly among Crutchfield customers. So what do you do for an encore? Well, when you're B&W — the legendary British audio company whose speakers are famously found in Abbey Road studios — you double down on performance.
The new PX7 Wireless headphones offer Bluetooth for playing music wirelessly and include adaptive noise-canceling circuitry. Yet they still manage to preserve B&W's heralded spacious, detailed sound. Their completely redesigned 43mm drivers were developed and created by the sound engineers responsible for B&W's flagship 800 D3 loudspeakers.
Snug, secure over-ear fit
I haven't haven't had a chance to audition these headphones yet — but will soon. I did get a chance to briefly wear the new PX5 Wireless on-ear headphones. I'm told they both have a similar form-fitting design, much like the previous generation PX over-ear headphones.
I much prefer the softer earcups on these newer models. They provide a nice amount of cushioning. I'll be honest, I thought the original PX Wireless headphones were a little too tight, but I have a larger head. Several of my coworkers prefer the snug fit, however, because it helps keep the headphones from slipping off as you move around.
The latest and greatest in wireless audio
Music plays wirelessly from your phone via Bluetooth 5.0 — the strongest, most reliable Bluetooth yet. The PX5s and PX7s are also the first group of headphones to feature aptX® Adaptive technology. This versatile wireless audio codec automatically detects if you're in an area with competing Bluetooth signals, and adjusts accordingly. In those crowded areas, it will optimize reliability over sound quality.
In places with no competing wireless signals, it will better preserve the audio quality with compatible phones. The aptX Adaptive technology can also sense when you're watching a video on, say, Netflix or YouTube, and keep latency low. So the audio and video should be better synced up.
Tough and attractive for the frequent traveler
On-the-go headphones usually land in one of two camps: durable or stylish. B&W accomplishes both here. The PX7s sport a woven carbon fiber frame that is lightweight and strong, yet sculpted and elegant. They look and feel smooth at every angle.
Noise cancellation you can customize
These headphones boast a 30 hour battery life with noise cancellation, so they should last most trips — and certainly most commutes. And B&W's specially designed noise-canceling circuitry is super-flexible. A dedicated button on the side lets you scroll through different levels of noise canceling.
When you hold that button for two seconds, "ambient pass-through" mode is activated. This uses the headphones' built-in mics to allow in external sounds. That comes in handy if someone quickly needs your attention. (Another nifty touch: the headphones will automatically pause your music when you remove or lift an earcup. Then they'll resume playing when you put them back on.)
- over-the-ear headphones with closed back design to help block out noise
- precisely angled 43mm drivers offer spacious, detailed sound
- engineered by the team responsible for the company's flagship 800 D3 loudspeaker
- Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity for wireless music listening and phone calls
- aptX® Adaptive automatically adjusts to prioritize audio quality or low latency, depending on the listening situation
- aptX HD and AAC decoding provides high-quality music streaming from compatible device
- built-in smart sensor pauses music when you remove headphones
- made of high-grade materials like woven carbon fiber and ballistic nylon
Adaptive noise cancellation:
- digital hybrid noise-canceling circuitry to minimize external noise
- designed to preserve listening experience by not interfering with audio quality
- noise cancellation level is manually adjustable
- earcup button for toggling through levels of noise cancellation
- press button quickly to toggle through, and hold button for two seconds to activate "ambient pass-through"
- "ambient pass-through" turns off noise-canceling so you can hear your surroundings
- Bowers & Wilkins app lets you manually adjust noise cancellation and sound
- free download for Apple® and Android™ devices
General info and specs:
- built-in rechargeable battery offers up to 30 hours of wireless use with noise cancellation
- 15 minute quick charge provides enough power for 5 hours of listening
- snug, secure fit with soft earpads and headband padding
- earcup controls let you answer calls, play/pause music, and skip songs
- built-in microphone for receiving calls
- includes detachable 3.5mm miniplug cable for optional wired listening
- USB type-C charging cable
- quilted carrying case included
- frequency response: 10-30,000 Hz
- impedance: 20 ohms (wired)
- weight: 10.9 ounces
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # FP41297
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Bowers & Wilkins PX7 Wireless
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height|
|Mic For Taking Calls||Yes|
|Frequency Response||10-30K Hz|
|1/4-inch Adapter Included||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 year|
|Labor Warranty||1 year|
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?