About the Linksys CM3024
Premium speed and no equipment rental fee
Premium speed and no equipment rental fee
If you've paid your internet service provider for a premium plan, the rental modem they included may actually be holding you back. The Linksys CM3024 lets you cut out the monthly equipment fee and get a speedy new modem of your own. There's also a gigabit Ethernet port for making a strong, secure wired connection.
A 3-step guide makes installation quick and easy, and the CM3024 is compatible with most major cable internet providers. Just use the included power adapter and Ethernet cable to get up and running in no time.
- provides fast, stable connectivity for simultaneous media streaming, online gaming and web browsing
- compatible with most major cable broadband providers, including Comcast Xfinity®, Time Warner®, Cox®, and Charter Spectrum®
- browser-based installation makes setup easy using a tablet, smartphone, or computer
- high-performance Intel® Puma 6™ chipset keeps traffic moving quickly
- meets DOCSIS 3.0 specifications and is backward compatible with DOCSIS 2.0
- IPv6 (Internet Protocol Version 6) supported
- works best with service plans offering speeds 250Mbps and above
- maximum download speed: 960Mbps
- includes AC power adapter, Ethernet cable and quick start guide
- coaxial input for cable internet service
- requires a router to generate Wi-Fi®
Dimensions and Warranty:
- 1-13/16"W x 8-1/16"H x 7"D
- weight: 2.2 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CM3024
What's in the box:
- 24 x 8 Cable modem (stand installed)
- AC power adapter (attached 58" DC cord)
- 58" Ethernet cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Details & Disclosures
More details on the Linksys CM3024
Cable Modem: The Linksys CM3024 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem (24x8 Bonded Channels) provides a stable, high-speed connectivity ideal for simultaneous High-Definition (HD) media streaming, online gaming and web browsing. With its Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification (DOCSIS) 3.0 standard, the Linksys CM3024 is ideal for Internet speeds of up to 300 Mbps, and is compatible with most major Cable Broadband providers.
Note: You will need a high-speed Internet account through an Internet cable provider in order to use this modem. If you do not have a high-speed Internet account, your cable service provider can set up your account for Internet service. See compatible Internet Cable providers below.
Compatible Internet Cable Providers: The Linksys CM3024 Cable Modem delivers stable high-speed connectivity for existing Internet service plans of up to 300 Mbps. The CM3024 is certified to work with Internet service plans from major cable providers - including Comcast Xfinity, Time Warner, Cox, and Charter Spectrum. Owning your own modem allows you to eliminate rental fees from your service provider, giving you a savings of up to $120 a year on modem rental fees.
- It is highly recommended to first contact your ISP to verify if your modem is part of their list of supported modems. You will also need to give the Serial Number (SN) and the Media Access Control (MAC) Address of the Linksys CM3024 (located on back label).
- Cable customers with Internet speeds of 250 Mbps should use the Linksys CM3016 Cable Modem. If your Internet service plan is 100 Mbps or less, then the Linksys CM3008 Cable Modem is recommended.
DOCSIS 3.0: Certified for the current DOCSIS 3.0 cable Internet standard, this powerful modem can handle high-bandwidth transfer rates. It delivers over existing cable lines with DOCSIS 3.0 speeds of up to 960 Mbps. Its also backwards compatible with DOCSIS 1.1 and 2.0.
Intel Puma 6 Chipset: To achieve high-speed downstream and upstream performance, the Linksys CM3024 Cable Modem features an Intel Puma 6 chipset. Designed to be a flexible and high-performing solution, the Puma 6 chipset will facilitate cutting-edge data service offerings as broadband speeds continue to advance. The Linksys CM3024 has a download speed of up to 960 Mbps and an upload speed of up to 240 Mbps, making it ideal for Internet speeds of up to 300 Mbps.
24x8 Bonded Channels: Maximize the data transfer speeds of your current Internet service plan with 24 download and 8 upload bonded channels provided by the Linksys 24x8 Cable Modem (CM3024). These multiple bonded channels enable you to optimize media streaming and file transfers by simultaneously transferring large amounts of data over many channels. The result is more effective and efficient usage of your existing cable broadband connection. Your whole family can enjoy simultaneous media streaming, online gaming, and web browsing.
Network Standards: The Linksys CM3024 supports the following network standards - IEEE 802.3 / 802.3u / 802.3ab and Internet Protocol Version (IPv6).
F-Type Coaxial Connector: The Linksys CM3024 cable modem is outfitted with an F-type coaxial RF (75-ohm) connector for connection to an active cable signal from your wall cable provider jack to the modem.
Gigabit Ethernet Port: The Linksys CM3024 cable modem is fitted with one Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45) port. Connect an Ethernet cable to this port and to your computer or a router. The Linksys CM3024's Ethernet port can reach up to a speed of 1000 Mbps.
LED Indicators: The activity of the five LED lights on the front-panel of the Linksys CM3024 are connection status indicators.
|Power||Green||The modem is searching for a downstream frequency on the cable connection.|
|Receive||Green Blinking||The modem is searching for a downstream frequency on the cable connection.|
|Green Solid||The modem has successfully connected to a downstream frequency on the cable connection.|
|Blue Solid||The modem is connected with a downstream multi-channel bonding.|
|Off||No downstream activity on the cable connection.|
|Send||Green Blinking||The modem is searching for a connection over the cable network.|
|Green Solid||The modem has successfully connected to an upstream frequency on the cable connection.|
|Blue Solid||The modem is connected with the upstream multi-channel bonding.|
|Off||No upstream activity on the cable connection.|
|Status||Green Blinking||The modem is registering to the cable network of the Internet Service Provider (ISP).|
|Green Solid||The modem is connected to the cable network.|
|Ethernet||Green Blinking||The port is sending / receiving data (100 Mbps).|
|Green Solid||A device is connected to the port (100 Mbps).|
|Blue Blinking||The port is sending / receiving data (1000 Mbps).|
|Blue Solid||A device is connected to the port (1000 Mbps).|
|Off||No device is connected to the port.|
AC Power: The Linksys CM3024 Cable Modem includes an AC power adapter which will need to be plugged directly into an AC wall outlet or surge protector.
- DOCSIS: 3.0 / 1/1 / 2.0
- SNMP: v3, v2C, v1
- IPv: IPv6 / IPv4 (DHCP / TFTP / ToD clients)
- Cable Connector: RF F-type female 75 ohm connector
- Router Connector: RJ-45 Ethernet port 10/100/1000 Mbps (Auto-MDI / MDIX)
- Demodulation: 64QAM, 256QAM
- Data Rate: Up to 686 Mbps with 16 bonded downstream channels
- Frequency (Edge-to-Edge): 108 ~ 1002 MHz
- Channel Bandwidth: 6 MHz
- Signal Level: -15 dBmV to 15 dBmV
- Input Return Loss: >6 dB
- Modulation: QPSK, 8QAM, 16QAM, 32QAM, 64QAM and 128QAM (SCDMA only)
- Data Rate: up to 122 Mbps with four (4) upstream channel bonding
- Frequency: 5 ~ 42 MHz (DOCSIS)
- Output Return Loss: >6 dB
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?