About the Linksys E5400
Fast, easy Wi-Fi access
Fast, easy Wi-Fi access
The Linksys E5400 offers dual-band Wi-Fi access for a small home or apartment, at a price that's easy on the wallet. It keeps your home network safe with WPA2 and 128-bit encryption, and lets you set up secure access for guests under a separate password. Parental controls offer extra peace of mind by letting you decide what type of online content your children are allowed to access.
The router connects to your modem via a WAN input on the back panel, and four LAN outputs let you make wired connections to computers, streaming boxes, TVs and other components.
- Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) wireless router
- simultaneous dual-band 2.4 & 5GHz performance (300 Mbps + 867 Mbps)
- two external antennas broadcast strong Wi-Fi signal
- create a separate, password-protected Wi-Fi network for guests
- parental controls let you restrict access, control usage, and block specific devices from accessing the internet
- browser-based installation makes setup easy using a tablet, smartphone, or computer
- includes AC power adapter, Ethernet cable and quick start guide
- security: WPA2 and 128-bit encryption
- one WAN input for connecting to your modem
- four Ethernet ports for making wired connections to your devices
Dimensions and warranty:
- 6-3/4"W x 1-5/16"H x 4-7/16"D (without antennas)
- weight: 6.07 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # E5400
What's in the box:
- WiFi router
- AC power adapter (attached 5' DC cord)
- 3' Ethernet cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Wireless Regulatory Information
Not sure what you need? Learn how modems, routers, and mesh Wi-Fi systems work.
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Linksys E5400
Features & specs
|Wireless Range||Not given|
|Wi-Fi Standard||Wi-Fi 5|
|Wi-Fi bands/total speed||Dual-Band 1.0GHz|
|2.4GHz band||300 Mbps|
|5.2GHz band||876 Mbps|
|USB 2.0 ports||N/A|
|USB 3.0 ports||N/A|
Dual-Band WiFi Router: With its dedicated 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands, the Linksys dual-band WiFi router (E5400) doubles the bandwidth to maximize throughput while keeping interference to a minimum. It supports data rates of up to 300Mbps for the 2.4GHz band and up to 867Mbps for the 5GHz band (1.2 Gbps total speed. The result is a stable, reliable connection across all your devices.
WiFi 5 (802.11ac): The Linksys E5400 router supports the following WiFi standards - 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n (WiFi 4), and 802.11ac (WiFi 5). 802.11ac (WiFi 5) delivers exceptional speed and performance, and is 2.3x faster than Wireless-N. You'll be able to swiftly stream HD, surf, email, game, browse, and chat.
Processor & Antennas: The Linksys E5400 utilizes a single core processor and is equipped with two non-detachable external antennas.
Browser-Based Setup: The Linksys E5400 uses a browser-based installation setup that requires no CD. The browser-based installation setup can be done from your computer, laptop, smartphone, or tablet. Enter "http://myrouter.local" or "192.168.1.1" in your web browser to access the setup page. At the end of the setup you can mange the following router settings -
- Change the router's name & password
- Setup a Guest network and Guest access (up to 10)
- Configure parental controls
- Connect devices to the WiFi router and your wireless network
- Test your Internet connection speed
Note: Supported Internet browsers include Internet Explorer 8 and newer, Safari 5 (for Mac), and Firefox 8.
1-WAN/4-LAN Ethernet Ports: One RJ-45 Ethernet (WAN) port is used to connect your Internet modem, while four RJ-45 Ethernet (LAN) ports are used to connect your local network devices. The Ethernet ports are rated at 10/100Mbps.
Advanced Security Technologies: Featuring WPA2 Personal/Enterprise encryption (up to 128-bit) and a SPI firewall, the Linksys dual-band WiFi router (E5400) uses advanced security technologies to help keep your network safely connected. In addition, easy push-button WiFi connection (WPS) allows you to add devices to your WiFi network with just the push of a button.
Bridge Modes: The Linksys E5400 supports Bridge and Wireless Bridge modes. Bridge mode disables all router capabilities and turns the router into an access point. Wireless bridge mode wirelessly connects the E5400 to your main router and can share the internet connection with devices connected to the bridge's Ethernet ports.
Firmware Updates: Firmware updates can be done through the E5400's browser-based setup page. Click here for the latest firmware updates.
AC Power: The Linksys E5400 router includes an AC power adapter which will need to be plugged into an AC wall outlet.
Mounting Options: The Linksys E5400router can be place horizontally on a table-top or mounted vertically on a wall (mounting screws not included).