About the Linksys EA7450
Coverage for a small home
Coverage for a small home
The Linksys EA7450 provides strong, fast dual-band Wi-Fi coverage for up to 1,700 square feet of living space. MU-MIMO technology lets it communicate with multiple devices simultaneously, and beamforming directs wireless signal where it's needed most. It makes gaming and 4K content streaming a breeze.
App-based setup and control
The Linksys app offers easy setup and control options, including:
- Remote Access: access and manage your network from anywhere and quickly view the status of your network.
- Guest Network: create a separate password-protected Wi-Fi network for up to 50 guests.
- Device Prioritization: prioritize devices that need the most speed.
- Speed Test: test and monitor the speed of your internet connection.
Parental controls (subscription required) restrict access to inappropriate or distracting content, control usage, and block specific devices from accessing the Internet.
- 802.11ac simultaneous dual band 2.4 & 5GHz Wi-Fi (600 Mbps + 1300 Mbps)
- three high-powered radio amplifiers with external antennas broadcast strong Wi-Fi® signal
- provides up to 1,700 square feet of strong, fast Wi-Fi
- MU-MIMO technology lets router communicate with multiple devices simultaneously
- beamforming technology directs wireless signal where it's needed most
- fast dual-core processor
- free Linksys app offers smart control of your network:
- offers app-based setup and monitoring of your router
- create a separate, password-protected Wi-Fi network for guests
- prioritize devices that need the most speed
- parental controls (subscription required) let you restrict access, control usage, and block specific devices from accessing the internet
- includes AC power adapter, Ethernet cable and quick start guide
- security: WEP/WPA2
- one WAN input for connecting to the internet
- four 10/100/1000 LAN Gigabit Ethernet ports for making wired connections to your devices
- one USB 3.0 port to wirelessly access and share a USB hard drive or printer
Dimensions and warranty:
- 10-1/8"W x 7-1/16"H x 8-1/4"D (with antennas)
- weight: 1.4 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # EA7450
What's in the box:
- WiFi router
- AC power adapter (attached 58" DC cord)
- 3' Ethernet cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Regulatory & Warranty Information
Not sure what you need? Learn how modems, routers, and mesh Wi-Fi systems work.
Linksys EA7450 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Linksys EA7450
Features & specs
|Wi-Fi Standard||Wi-Fi 5|
|Wi-Fi bands/total speed||Dual-Band 1.9 Gbps|
|2.4GHz band||600 Mbps|
|5.2GHz band||1300 Mbps|
|USB 2.0 ports||N/A|
|USB 3.0 ports||1|
880MHz Dual-Core Processor: Powered by an 880Mhz dual-core processor, the Max-Stream EA7450 (R74) WiFi router is capable of handling multiple simultaneous data streams, which results in improved WiFi performance and faster WiFi speeds to more devices. The Linksys EA7450 (R74) has 128MB flash storage and has a Random Access Memory (RAM) of 256MB DDR3.
External Antennas: Optimized for coverage in small homes (up to 1700 sq/ft), the three high-performance antennas broadcast a strong WiFi signal that improves connectivity in hard-to-reach areas. Play video games, listen to music, check emails, shop online, stream HD movies, and more, without having to worry about dropped signals.
3x3 AC WiFi: The Linksys EA7450 (R74) router supports the following WiFi standards - 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n, and 802.11ac. AC WiFi delivers exceptional speed and performance, and is 3x faster than Wireless-N. And with 3x3 AC WiFi, you get three simultaneous streams of data for stronger, faster performance when gaming and streaming.
Dual-Band (2.4GHz + 5GHz): The Linksys Max-Stream EA7450 (R74) WiFi router offers two dedicated WiFi bands that deliver combined speeds of up to 1.9Gbps. Moreover, it can connect up to 20+ devices. High-bandwidth activities like 4K video streaming are connected to the high-speed 5GHz band, while basic activities like email are placed on the 2.4 GHz band.
- 2.4GHz Band 1: Optimal speeds up to 600Mbps for older Wireless-N & G devices.
- 5GHz Band 2: Faster speeds up to 1300Mbps for newer Wireless-AC devices.
MU-MIMO (Multi-User Mutliple-Input Multiple-Output): The Linksys Max-Stream EA7450 (R74) WiFi router features Next-Gen AC WiFi with MU-MIMO technology, the latest advancement towards uninterrupted, simultaneous WiFi connections. Devices such as 4K TVs, HD streaming media players, tablets, game consoles, and many more use a lot of bandwidth, and with MU-MIMO (Multi-User, Multiple-Input, Multiple-Output) technology, the Max-Stream EA7450 (R74) WiFi router sends WiFi to multiple devices at the same time and same speed. Your whole family can play, stream, and work at once, without experiencing lag or buffering--at up to 2x the speed of a non-MU-MIMO router.
Beamforming Technology: The Linksys EA7200 has Beamforming technology on both bands which helps improve the quality of voice, streaming of video and other bandwidth and latency sensitive transmissions. Direct WiFi signals to each of your mobile devices to increase signal strength and coverage. Play video games, listen to music, check emails, shop online, stream HD movies, and more, without having to worry about dropped signals.
Seamless Roaming: When paired with a Linksys Max-Stream WiFi range extender (such as the Linksys RE7000, sold separately). , the Max-Stream EA7450 (R74) creates a strong, seamless WiFi signal that extends throughout your entire household. Traditional routers force you to manually connect to either the range extender's or router's network in order to experience the best WiFi signal. Seamless Roaming simplifies this by enabling your device to automatically switch to the strongest signal as you move around your home, with less buffering and fewer dropped calls.
Linksys App: With the Linksys App (for Apple iOS 11.4+ and Android OS 6.0+) you can setup, monitor, and manage your home WiFi remotely using your smartphone or tablet. With the Linksys App, you can access your home network from anywhere, any time. Easily tap into your home network to check the connection status of your devices, set up WiFi access for guests, or restrict your kids from accessing social networking sites when they should be doing homework. You can even prioritize which devices on your network get priority bandwidth to reduce lag times and buffering. You no longer have to be tethered to your desk at home to manage your home network.
- Remote Access: You'll be able to access and manage your network from anywhere and quickly view the status of your WiFi network.
- Guest Network: You'll be able to create a separate password-protected WiFi network for up to 50 guests and easily share the password.
- Parental Controls: You can ensure a safe Internet experience for your kids, even when you're away from home. Restrict access to inappropriate or distracting content, control usage, and block specific devices from accessing the Internet.
- Device Prioritization: You can prioritize devices that need the most speed.
- Speed Test: You'll be able to easily test and monitor your Internet connection's speed.
Linksys Skill For Alexa: The Linksys Skill for Alexa allows you to ask WiFi information from the Linksys Smart WiFi Router and control the Guest Network. You can ask Alexa for the following information of your Linksys Smart WiFi Router -
- Get WiFi credentials
- Get Guest WiFi credentials
- Turn On/Off Guest Network (also offers to read credentials)
- Enable/Disable Skill
- Help, i.e. " Alexa, ask Linksys what I can do" - and Alexa reads off the above Skills
Gigabit Ethernet Ports: The Linksys EA7450 (R74) router is outfitted with five 10/100/1000 (1 WAN & 4 LAN) Gigabit Ethernet ports with auto-sensing technology. The WAN port is used to connect your Internet modem, while the LAN ports are used to connect your local network devices.
USB 3.0 Port: The Linksys EA7450 (R74) has a USB 3.0 port which is capable of supporting an external hard disk or flash drive with up to 1100mA current draw. This port supports FAT, FAT32, NTFS, and HFS+ journaled and non-journaled file format systems. Share audio, video, photo, and document files; plus add external storage across your network with the USB 3.0 port. USB 3.0 offers enhanced speeds over 2.0.
Advanced Security Modes: The Linksys EA7450 (R74) supports WEP, WPA2 Personal, WPA2 Enterprise, WPA2/WPA Mixed Personal, and WPA2/WPA Enterprise on both 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands. Its provides up to 128-bit encryption. You can even use WPS (WiFi Protected Setup) technology to automatically and securely add wireless devices to your network.
Firmware Updates: You can update the router's firmware automatically or manually. Click here for the latest firmware updates.
AC Power: The Linksys EA7450 (R74) router includes an AC power adapter which will need to be plugged into an AC wall outlet.
Mounting Options: The Linksys EA7450 (R74) router can be place horizontally on a table-top or mounted vertically on a wall (mounting screws not included).