About the Linksys Hydra Pro 6E
Put blazing-fast Wi-Fi 6E in your home
Put blazing-fast Wi-Fi 6E in your home
The Linksys Hydra Pro 6E router delivers an impressive 2,700 square feet of strong, fast Wi-Fi 6E coverage. It's an excellent stand-alone router, with a 5Gbps Ethernet port that connects directly to your modem and supports high-speed multi-gig internet service. And it can also be a starter for a wider mesh network — you can always expand your system with additional Wi-Fi 6E modules if you discover that you need a little (or a lot) more coverage.
Wi-Fi 6E: The 6GHz super-fast lane
For years, routers operated solely on the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands. The Hydra Pro 6E uses those bands and adds a third band in the newly opened 6GHz spectrum. This additional band offers a blazing-fast 4800 Mbps. In fact, it delivers speeds that are up to 6.5 times faster than the previous standard. That means it's more than capable of handling 4K streaming, online meetings for work or school, and VR gaming.
Advanced Wi-Fi technologies improve network speed
This Linksys router has cutting edge Wi-Fi features built in for the best possible performance. MU-MIMO and Orthogonal Frequency-Division Multiple Access (OFDMA) allow efficient simultaneous data transmission to multiple connected devices, for minimal latency. These features are becoming more important than ever, as we depend on our home networks for work, school, and play time.
Excellent security options
This intelligent Velop mesh network features tough WPA2/WPA3 security with 128-bit encryption. App features let you create a separate password-protected guest network so visitors have their own access. And parental controls restrict access to inappropriate content and block specific devices from accessing the internet.
- AXE6600 wireless router covers up to 2,700 square feet with strong, fast Wi-Fi 6E
- new, wide-bandwidth 6GHz connection optimizes speed for busy households
- tri-band 2.4GHz, 5GHz and 6GHz performance (600 Mbps + 1200 Mbps + 4800 Mbps)
- four high-powered radio amplifiers with external antennas broadcast strong Wi-Fi signal
- super-fast 1.8 GHz quad-core processor
- 512MB flash memory and 512MB RAM
- 4-stream MU-MIMO technology lets router communicate with multiple devices simultaneously
- OFDMA allows more devices to connect without slowing down your Wi-Fi
- free Linksys app offers smart control of your network:
- remote management and monitoring of your home network
- create a separate, password-protected Wi-Fi network for guests
- prioritize devices that need the most speed
- internet speed test lets you quickly check broadband speeds from your service provider
- parental controls restrict access to inappropriate content and block specific devices from accessing the internet
- automatic software updates
- security: WPA2/WPA3 personal password authentication with 128-bit encryption
- high-speed 5GB WAN input for connecting to your modem
- four 10/100/1000 LAN Gigabit Ethernet ports for making wired connections to your devices
- fast USB 3.0 port
Dimensions and warranty:
- 11-1/16"W x 6-3/8"H x 7-15/16"D (antennas up)
- weight: 2.07 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MR7500
What's in the box:
- WiFi 6E Router
- AC Power supply w/ attached 5' DC cord (12VDC/3A output)
- 3' Ethernet cable
- Setup Guide
- Regulatory and Warranty Information
Not sure what you need? Learn how modems, routers, and mesh Wi-Fi systems work.
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Linksys Hydra Pro 6E
Features & specs
|Wi-Fi Standard||Wi-Fi 6|
|Processor||1.8 GHz Quad-core|
|Wi-Fi bands/total speed||Tri-band 6.6 Gbps|
|2.4GHz band||600 Mbps|
|5.2GHz band||1200 Mbps|
|5.8GHz band||4800 Mbps (6GHz)|
|LAN ports||4 (10/100/1000)|
|USB 2.0 ports||N/A|
|USB 3.0 ports||1|
Velop Intelligent Mesh Technology: The Linksys MR7500 (AXE6600) Hydra Pro 6E Tri-Band Mesh WiFi Router uses Velop Intelligent Mesh technology, designed to deliver Gigabit WiFi speeds for your home or business. The MR7500 features the latest WiFi 6E technology that includes a 6GHz band for ultra-fast speeds and low-latency. The Linksys Hydra Pro 6E router works with all Internet Service Providers (ISP) and is backwards compatible with WiFi 5 and older devices. The MR7500 can provide up to 2,700 sq/ft of wireless coverage, with 55+ connected devices.
WiFi 6E with 6GHz Band: The Linksys MR7500 Hydra Pro 6E WiFi router supports the latest WiFi 6E (802.11ax) standard, offering a 6GHz WiFi band to deliver true Gigabit speeds of up to 6.6Gbps to every corner of your home or business. The WiFi 6E standard sends and receives multiple streams of data simultaneously, providing 6.5x faster speeds and up to 4x the channels of current WiFi systems, letting the MR7500 easily handle all the traffic in the busiest smart homes using heavy-bandwidth devices.
- WiFi 6E (802.11ax) is also backwards compatible with previous 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac WiFi standards.
- To utilize the 6GHz band, connecting devices must be 6GHz compatible.
Tri-Band WiFi: The MR7500 offers three independent WiFi bands that deliver extremely fast combined speeds of up to 6.6Gbps. High-bandwidth applications like video-conferencing and movie streaming are ideal for the high-speed 6GHz and 5GHz bands, while lower-bandwidth devices (like older computers) can utilize the 2.4GHz band.
- 2.4GHz Band: Up to 600Mbps
- 5GHz Band: Up to 1200Mbps
- 6GHz Band: Up to 4800Mbps
Advanced WiFi Technologies: The Linksys MR7500 Hydra Pr 6E incorporates advanced WiFi technologies like MU-MIMO (Multi-User Multiple-Input Multiple-Output) and OFDMA (Orthogonal Frequency-Division Multiple Access).
- 4x4 MU-MIMO (Multi-User Multiple-Input Multiple-Outputs): The MR7500 features a 4x4 WiFi radio with MU-MIMO, allowing the Mesh System to handle downloads and uploads on multiple devices simultaneously.
- OFDMA (Orthogonal Frequency-Division Multiple Access): Next-generation OFDMA (orthogonal frequency-division multiple access) increases efficiency in high-density scenarios, delivering high-speed WiFi to multiple devices simultaneously. Orthogonal Frequency-Division Multiple Access (OFDMA) enables efficient data scheduling so that more transmissions can be sent at the same time, resulting in an impressive capacity increase in your network.
Quad-Core Processor + Antennas: The Linksys MR7500 WiFi router utilizes a 1.8GHz quad-core processor with 512MB of Flash Memory and 512MB of RAM for extremely fast data transfer speeds. The WiFi router also includes 4 adjustable external antennas and one internal antenna, ensuring optimal performance & complete coverage of your home.
Gigabit Ethernet Ports: The Linksys MR7500 is outfitted with five Gigabit Ethernet ports (One 5Gbps WAN & four 1Gbps LAN) with auto-sensing technology. The 5Gbps WAN port (10/100/1000/2500/5000) is used to connect your Internet modem, while the LAN ports (10/100/1000) are used to connect your local network devices. The WAN port lets you experience wired Gigabit speeds throughout your home for smart TVs, streaming devices, gaming consoles, and the latest VR and AR.
Note: Wired speeds up to 5Gbps require an ISP (Internet Service Provider) speed of 5Gbps or greater.
USB 3.0: Thanks to the ultra-fast USB (type-A) 3.0 port on the router, you can easily connect shared storage devices. The following USB file formats are supported - NTFS, FAT, FAT32 and HFS+.
Linksys App: With the Linksys App (for Apple iOS 11.4+ and Android OS 6.0.1+) you can setup, monitor, and manage your home WiFi remotely using your smartphone or tablet. With the Linksys App, you can access your home network from anywhere, any time. Easily tap into your home network to check the connection status of your devices, set up WiFi access for guests, or restrict your kids from accessing social networking sites when they should be doing homework. You can even prioritize which devices on your network get priority bandwidth to reduce lag times and buffering. You no longer have to be tethered to your desk at home to manage your home network.
- Remote Access: You'll be able to access and manage your network from anywhere and quickly view the status of your WiFi network.
- Guest Network: You'll be able to create a separate password-protected WiFi network for up to 50 guests and easily share the password.
- Parental Controls: You can ensure a safe Internet experience for your kids, even when you're away from home. Restrict access to inappropriate or distracting content, control usage, and block specific devices from accessing the Internet.
- Device Prioritization: You can prioritize devices that need the most speed.
- Speed Test: You'll be able to easily test and monitor your Internet connection's speed.
Advanced Security: The Linksys MR7500 system safeguards your network with wireless WPA2/WPA3 (WiFi Protected Access) encryption, plus an SPI (stateful packet inspection) firewall. It provides up to 128-bit encryption. You can even use WPS (WiFi Protected Setup) technology to automatically and securely add wireless devices to your network.
AC Power: The MR7500 is powered by an AC power supply with a 12VDC/3A output.
Mounting Options: The MR7500 can be placed on a tabletop or desktop. Four keyhole slots on the bottom of the router allow it to be wall-mounted (hardware not included).