About the Linksys MR9000
A powerful router with mesh network capability
A powerful router with mesh network capability
The Linksys MR9000 generates up to 3,000 square feet of strong, fast Wi-Fi — which may be plenty for your small- to medium-sized living space. If you build an extension, or move to a larger home in the future, just add one or more Velop modules to expand coverage (the MR9000 can only function as a primary node). The router offers simultaneous tri-band performance, with one 2.4 GHz band and two 5 GHz bands.
The router doesn't only work hard, it works smart. MU-MIMO technology lets it communicate with multiple devices simultaneously, and beamforming technology directs wireless signal where it's needed most. It makes gaming and 4K content streaming a breeze. And it's compatible with voice control via Amazon Alexa.
App-based setup and control
The Linksys app offers easy setup and control options, including:
- Remote Access: access and manage your network from anywhere and quickly view the status of your network.
- Guest Network: create a separate password-protected Wi-Fi network for up to 50 guests.
- Device Prioritization: prioritize devices that need the most speed.
- Speed Test: test and monitor the speed of your internet connection.
Parental controls (subscription required) restrict access to inappropriate or distracting content, control usage, and block specific devices from accessing the Internet. Also offers age-appropriate category blockers with customizable presets for up to 14 devices.
- Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) wireless router covers up to 3,000 square feet with strong, fast Wi-Fi
- simultaneous tri-band 2.4 & 5GHz performance (400 Mbps + 867 Mbps + 1733 Mbps)
- four high-powered radio amplifiers with external antennas broadcast strong Wi-Fi signal
- super-fast quad-core processor
- add a Velop mesh Wi-Fi node to expand coverage
- MU-MIMO technology lets router communicate with multiple devices simultaneously
- beamforming technology directs wireless signal where it's needed most
- works with Amazon Echo (Alexa)
- memory: 512MB RAM, 256MB flash
- free Linksys app offers smart control of your network:
- offers app-based setup and monitoring of your router
- create a separate, password-protected Wi-Fi network for guests
- prioritize devices that need the most speed
- parental controls with Linksys Shield (subscription required) offers age-appropriate category blockers with customizable presets
- includes AC power adapter, Ethernet cable and quick start guide
- security: WPA/WPA2 and 128-bit AES encryption
- one WAN input for connecting to your modem
- four 10/100/1000 LAN Gigabit Ethernet ports for making wired connections to your devices
- one fast USB 3.0 port (will be enabled with future firmware upgrade)
Dimensions and warranty:
- 10-3/16"W x 7-1/2"H x 7-5/8"D (with antennas)
- weight: 1.31 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MR9000
What's in the box:
- WiFi router
- AC power adapter (attached 59" DC cord)
- 3' Ethernet cable
- Setup Guide
- Regulatory and Warranty Information
Not sure what you need? Learn how modems, routers, and mesh Wi-Fi systems work.
Linksys MR9000 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Linksys MR9000
Features & specs
|Wi-Fi Standard||Wi-Fi 5|
|Wi-Fi bands/total speed||Tri-Band 3.0 Gbps|
|2.4GHz band||400 Mbps|
|5.2GHz band||867 Mbps|
|5.8GHz band||1733 Mbps|
|USB 2.0 ports||1|
|USB 3.0 ports||N/A|
Max-Stream MR9000 Mesh WiFi Router: The Linksys Max-Stream AC2200 MU-MIMO Tri-Band WiFi Router (MR9000) offers ample bandwidth for simultaneous 4K and HD video streaming, next-gen online gaming, and other data-heavy online activities. The router's three dedicated bands help minimize lag even when multiple devices (up to 25+) are connected. The MR9000 offers up to 3,000 sq/ft of wireless coverage and can even be integrated into a Linksys Velop Mesh Network to further expand your WiFi coverage.
Velop Mesh Network Compatible: The Linksys MR9000 is compatible with Velop mesh network products to increase WiFi range over your whole house, business, or office space. The Linksys MR9000 must be the primary, node while the Velop nodes (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) must be added as secondary nodes. The Velop mesh system operates as one network and continuously searches for your connected devices. This ensures a 100% seamless connection as you move throughout your home. A Velop modular WiFi mesh system gives you 100% seamless WiFi without lag or buffering. Velop gives you full-strength WiFi without signal degradation or drop-out.
Note: The MR9000 can only be set up as a primary node in a whole home mesh WiFi system. A primary node must be connected with an ethernet cable to your modem or modem router. Secondary nodes can be connected wirelessly or with ethernet cables. If you are adding the router to an existing Velop whole home mesh WiFi system, factory reset all nodes and add them to the system after the MR9000 is setup and working.
Quad-Core Processor + Amplified Antennas: The Linksys MR9000 utilizes a Quad-Core Processor with 512MB RAM and 256MB Flash memory for extremely fast data transfer speeds. The MR9000 wireless router also incorporates four external adjustable amplified antennas (non-detachable) that provide four powerful streams of data to your devices - ensuring optimal performance & complete coverage of your home. It is recommended to position the antennas all straight up.
Tri-Band WiFi: The Max-Stream MR9000 offers three independent WiFi bands that deliver extremely fast combined speeds of up to 3 Gbps. Tri-Band technology delivers up to double the Wireless-AC performance of a dual-band router. High-bandwidth applications like videoconferencing and movie streaming are ideal for the two high-speed 5GHz bands, while lower-bandwidth devices like older wireless-N and -G computers can utilize the 2.4 GHz band.
- 2.4GHz Band 1 (G/N): Optimal speeds up to 400 Mbps for older Wireless-N & G devices.
- 5GHz Band 2 (AC): Faster speeds up to 867 Mbps for newer Wireless-AC devices (great for file transfers & video conferencing)
- 5GHz Band 3 (AC): Fastest speeds up to 1733 Mbps for newer Wireless-AC devices (perfect for 4K or HD TV streaming & online gaming).
802.11ac: WiFi's 802.11ac delivers exceptional speed and performance, and is 3x faster than Wireless-N. The Linksys MR9000 router supports the following WiFi standards - 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n, and 802.11ac.
Advanced WiFi Technologies: The Linksys Max-Stream MR9000 WiFi Router incorporates advanced WiFi technologies like MU-MIMO, Beamforming, and Smart Connect.
- MU-MIMO (Multi-User, Multiple-Input, Multiple-Output): The Linksys Max-Stream MR9000 WiFi Router features Next-Gen AC WiFi with MU-MIMO technology, the latest advancement towards uninterrupted, simultaneous WiFi connections. Devices such as 4K TVs, HD streaming media players, tablets, game consoles, and many more use a lot of bandwidth, and with MU-MIMO (Multi-User, Multiple-Input, Multiple-Output) technology, the Max-Stream MR9000 WiFi router sends WiFi to multiple devices at the same time and same speed. Your whole family can play, stream, and work at once, without experiencing lag or buffering--at up to 2x the speed of a non-MU-MIMO router.
- Beamforming: The Linksys MR9000 has Beamforming technology on both 5GHz bands which helps improve the quality of voice, streaming of video and other bandwidth and latency sensitive transmissions. Direct WiFi signals to each of your mobile devices to increase signal strength and coverage. Play video games, listen to music, check emails, shop online, stream HD movies, and more, without having to worry about dropped signals.
- Smart Connect: Smart Connect allows the router to have the capacity, flexibility and intelligence to assign a 5GHz client to one of the two wireless radios on the 5GHz WiFi band for higher performance. The router will "steer" devices to the optimum band, effectively telling wireless devices to disconnect and reconnect to the other radio within the 5GHz band. Smart Connect is not supported on a Guest network.
Gigabit Ethernet Ports: The Linksys MR9000 router is outfitted with five 10/100/1000 (1 WAN / 4 LAN) Gigabit Ethernet ports with auto-sensing technology. The WAN port is used to connect your Internet modem, while the LAN ports are used to connect your local network devices. The Gigabit Ethernet ports support wired connections up to 10x faster than standard Ethernet and allows you to easily connect shared storage devices, printers, and other supported peripherals to your network.
Linksys App: With the Linksys App (for Apple iOS 11.4+ and Android OS 6.0+) you can setup, monitor, and manage your home WiFi remotely using your smartphone or tablet. With the Linksys App, you can access your home network from anywhere, any time. Easily tap into your home network to check the connection status of your devices, set up WiFi access for guests, or restrict your kids from accessing social networking sites when they should be doing homework. You can even prioritize which devices on your network get priority bandwidth to reduce lag times and buffering. You no longer have to be tethered to your desk at home to manage your home network.
- Remote Access: You'll be able to access and manage your network from anywhere and quickly view the status of your WiFi network.
- Guest Network: You'll be able to create a separate password-protected WiFi network for up to 50 guests and easily share the password.
- Parental Controls: You can ensure a safe Internet experience for your kids, even when you're away from home. Restrict access to inappropriate or distracting content, control usage, and block specific devices from accessing the Internet.
- Device Prioritization: You can prioritize devices that need the most speed.
- Speed Test: You'll be able to easily test and monitor your Internet connection's speed.
Linksys Shield: Linksys Shield delivers preset age-appropriate category blockers to keep your kids safe on the web. The fully customizable presets give you complete control over the content your kids see. Linksys Shield can be used on up to 14 devices (including smartphones, tablets, laptops, and desktop computers) connected to your Velop system.
- Linksys Shield is available from the Linksys App (for Apple iOS 11.4+ and Android OS 6.0+). Make sure the Linksys Velop device and the Linksys app has the latest firmware update installed.
- Linksys Shield requires apaid subscription. After a free 30-day trial, Linksys Shield costs $4.99/month or $49.99/year.
Note: Linksys Shield is only available for Velop Tri-Band WiFi systems
Amazon Alexa Compatible: Alexa (sold separately) enables you to interact with the Linksys Velop system using your voice. When paired with Amazon Alexa, Velop gives you access to a variety of convenient voice commands. For example, you can verbally turn Guest WiFi on or off by stating, "Alexa, ask Linksys to turn on my guest WiFi".
USB 3.0:A future firmware update (no ETA) will allow you to connect and share USB drives on your network or on the internet.
Wireless Security Encryption: The Linksys MR9000 supports WPA2/WPA Personal and WPA2/WPA Mixed on both 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands. Its provides up to 128-bit encryption. You can even use WPS (WiFi Protected Setup) technology to automatically and securely add wireless devices to your network.
Automatic Firmware Updates: The MR9000 will automatically receive firmware updates from Linksys through the Linksys App as they are released, so your router is always secure and up to date. Click here for the latest firmware updates.
AC Power: The Linksys MR9000 router includes an AC power adapter (100-240V ~ 50-60Hz) which will need to be plugged into an AC wall outlet.
Mounting Options: The router can simply be placed on a tabletop or desktop. It can also be wall mounted using the integrated keyholes slots (mounting screws not included).