About the Linksys MX10 Velop Wi-Fi 6 Tri-band System (2-pack)
Wi-Fi 6 makes Velop even faster
Wi-Fi 6 makes Velop even faster
The first generation of Velop routers introduced us to the high speed and broad coverage of mesh networks. The Linksys MX10 Velop AX system builds on that legacy by conforming to the latest Wi-Fi 6 protocol, which is up to four times faster than Wi-Fi 5.
Each module covers up to 3,000 square feet, and the network can be expanded with the addition of more modules. All modules share a single Wi-Fi name (SSID), so you experience seamless connectivity as you roam throughout the house.
The free Linksys app connects your smartphone to the router via Bluetooth and gives you easy access to setup, control, and security features.
A capable network multi-tasker
This system uses the latest technology to direct wireless traffic more efficiently. Four-stream MU-MIMO technology and Orthogonal Frequency-Division Multiple Access (OFDMA) allow efficient simultaneous data transmission to multiple connected devices, for minimal latency in streaming and gaming. You can prioritize bandwidth for your most important devices, and BSS (Basic Service Set) Coloring technology eliminates interference from nearby Wi-Fi networks.
Excellent security options
The MX10 Velop AX system features an SPI firewall and tough WPA2 security with 128-bit encryption. App features let you create a separate password-protected guest network so visitors have their own access. And parental controls restrict access to inappropriate content and block specific devices from accessing the internet.
- powerful Velop router system covers up to 6,000 square feet with strong, fast Wi-Fi 6
- expandable with the addition of more Velop modules
- six high-performance amplified internal antennas
- AX5300 Wi-Fi (1147 + 2402 + 1733 Mbps)
- up to 1147 Mbps on 2.4GHz band
- up to 2402 Mbps on first and 1733 Mbps on second 5GHz band
- dedicated backhaul channel for more stable network connectivity
- powerful quad-core 2.2GHz processor delivers high-performance connectivity
- 512MB flash memory and 1GB RAM for improved throughput
- Linksys app for Apple® and Android™ devices offers app-based setup and monitoring of your router
- Bluetooth 4.0/LE for secure and easy app-based setup
- Device Prioritization lets you decide which devices need the most speed
- 4-stream MU-MIMO technology lets router communicate with multiple devices simultaneously
- OFDMA allows more devices to connect without slowing down your Wi-Fi
- BSS (Basic Service Set) Coloring technology eliminates interference from nearby Wi-Fi networks
Connections (each module):
- WAN port for connecting to your modem (Ethernet cable included)
- 4 LAN auto-sensing Gigabit Ethernet ports for wired connections (10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit)
- ultra-fast USB 3.0 port lets you connect shared storage devices
- WPA2 with 128-bit encryption
- SPI firewall
- create a separate, password-protected Wi-Fi network for up to 50 guests
- parental controls restrict access to inappropriate content and block specific devices from accessing the internet
Dimensions and warranty:
- 4-1/2"W x 9-5/8"H x 4-1/2"D (each)
- weight: 3.48 lbs. (each)
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MX10600
What's in the box:
- WiFi router
- WiFi extender
- 2 AC power adapters (attached 59" DC cord)
- Two 6' ethernet cables
- Setup Guide
- Regulatory and Warranty Information
Not sure what you need? Learn how modems, routers, and mesh Wi-Fi systems work.
Linksys MX10 Velop Wi-Fi 6 Tri-band System (2-pack) reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Linksys MX10 Velop Wi-Fi 6 Tri-band System (2-pack)
Velop Intelligent Mesh Technology: The Linksys MX10 2-Pack is part of Velop's modular system, which means increasing your WiFi coverage in your home, business, or office is simple. The Velop mesh system operates as one network and continuously searches for your connected devices. This ensures a 100% seamless connection as you move throughout your home. A Velop modular WiFi mesh system gives you 100% seamless WiFi without lag or buffering. Velop gives you full-strength WiFi without signal degradation or drop-out. The MX10 2-Pack provides up to 6,000 sq/ft of wireless coverages (additional Velop products can be purchased separately to increase the wireless range).
Note: The Velop system is composed of routers and extenders (or Nodes). One Node will act as your router and the other Nodes will act as WiFi extenders to expand your wireless WiFi network. There can be a total of 10 Nodes in a Velop WiFi mesh network.
WiFi 6 (802.11ax): The Linksys MX10 Velop AX Whole Home WiFi 6 System supports the latest WiFi 6 (802.11ax) standard to deliver true Gigabit speeds of up to 5.3Gbps with 12-stream capacity throughout the entire home. The WiFi 6 standard sends and receives multiple streams of data simultaneously, providing up to 4x more WiFi capacity to handle every mobile, streaming, gaming, and smart home devices on your wireless network.
Note: WiFi 6 (802.11ax) is also backwards compatible with previous 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac WiFi standards.
Tri-Band WiFi: The MX10 offers three independent WiFi bands that deliver extremely fast combined speeds of up to 5.3Gbps. Tri-Band technology delivers up to double the wireless performance of a dual-band router. High-bandwidth applications like video-conferencing and movie streaming are ideal for the two high-speed 5GHz bands, while lower-bandwidth devices (like older computers) can utilize the 2.4GHz band.
- 2.4GHz Band 1 (G/N): Optimal speeds up to 1147 Mbps for older Wireless-N & G devices.
- 5GHz Band 2 (AX): Fastest speeds up to 2402 Mbps for newer Wireless-AX devices (perfect for 4K or HD TV streaming & online gaming).
- 5GHz Band 3 (AC): Faster speeds up to 1733 Mbps for newer Wireless-AC devices (great for file transfers & video conferencing).
Advanced WiFi Technologies: The The Linksys MX10 Velop AX Whole Home WiFi 6 System incorporates advanced WiFi technologies like MU-MIMO (Multi-User Multiple-Input Multiple-Output) , OFDMA (Orthogonal Frequency-Division Multiple Access), and BSS (Basic Service Set).
- 4x4 MU-MIMO (Multi-User Multiple-Input Multiple-Outputs): With 4x the capacity of WiFi 5, WiFi 6 provides enough bandwidth for as many as 50 devices - so laptops, televisions, smart-home systems, and more can all operate simultaneously with ease. Thanks to built-in MU-MIMO (Multi-User Multiple-Input Multiple-Output) technology, the Velop MX10 system can handle downloads and uploads on eight devices simultaneously.
- OFDMA (Orthogonal Frequency-Division Multiple Access): Next-generation OFDMA (orthogonal frequency-division multiple access) increases efficiency in high-density scenarios, delivering high-speed WiFi to multiple devices simultaneously. Orthogonal Frequency-Division Multiple Access (OFDMA) enables efficient data scheduling so that more transmissions can be sent at the same time, resulting in an impressive capacity increase in your network.
- BSS (Basic Service Set): Featuring BSS (Basic Service Set) technology, the Linksys MX10 2-Pack minimizes congestion by eliminating interference from nearby wireless networks in order to deliver a strong, clear wireless signal to your home.
Quad-Core Processor + Amplified Antennas: The Linksys MX10 WiFi system utilizes a 2.2GHz Quad-Core Processor with 512MB RAM and 1GB Flash memory for extremely fast data transfer speeds. The Mx10 also incorporates integrated antennas and built-in amplifiers that ensure optimal performance & complete coverage of your home.
Gigabit Ethernet Ports: The Linksys MX10 is outfitted with five 10/100/1000 (1 WAN / 4 LAN) Gigabit Ethernet ports with auto-sensing technology. The WAN port is used to connect your Internet modem, while the LAN ports are used to connect your local network devices. The Gigabit Ethernet ports support wired connections up to 10x faster than standard Ethernet and allows you to easily connect shared storage devices, printers, and other supported peripherals to your network.
USB 3.0: Thanks to the ultra-fast USB (type-A) 3.0 port, you can easily connect shared storage devices. The following USB file formats are supported - NTFS and FAT 32 for Windows; APFS, FAT32, ad HFS+ for Mac.
Note: The USB port is for local file sharing only (no FTP, media server or virtual-USB support). Also, not intended for sharing peripherals such as printers, scanners or cameras.
Linksys App: With the Linksys App (for Apple iOS 11.4+ and Android OS 6.0+) you can setup, monitor, and manage your home WiFi remotely using your smartphone or tablet. With the Linksys App, you can access your home network from anywhere, any time. Easily tap into your home network to check the connection status of your devices, set up WiFi access for guests, or restrict your kids from accessing social networking sites when they should be doing homework. You can even prioritize which devices on your network get priority bandwidth to reduce lag times and buffering. You no longer have to be tethered to your desk at home to manage your home network.
- Remote Access: You'll be able to access and manage your network from anywhere and quickly view the status of your WiFi network.
- Guest Network: You'll be able to create a separate password-protected WiFi network for up to 50 guests and easily share the password.
- Parental Controls: You can ensure a safe Internet experience for your kids, even when you're away from home. Restrict access to inappropriate or distracting content, control usage, and block specific devices from accessing the Internet.
- Device Prioritization: You can prioritize devices that need the most speed.
- Speed Test: You'll be able to easily test and monitor your Internet connection's speed.
Linksys Shield: Linksys Shield delivers preset age-appropriate category blockers to keep your kids safe on the web. The fully customizable presets give you complete control over the content your kids see. Linksys Shield can be used on up to 14 devices (including smartphones, tablets, laptops, and desktop computers) connected to your Velop system.
- Linksys Shield is available from the Linksys App (for Apple iOS 11.4+ and Android OS 6.0+). Make sure the Linksys Velop device and the Linksys app has the latest firmware update installed.
- Linksys Shield requires apaid subscription. After a free 30-day trial, Linksys Shield costs $4.99/month or $49.99/year.
Note: Linksys Shield is only available for Velop Tri-Band WiFi systems.
Amazon Alexa Compatible: Alexa (sold separately) enables you to interact with the Linksys Velop system using your voice. When paired with Amazon Alexa, Velop gives you access to a variety of convenient voice commands. For example, you can verbally turn Guest WiFi on or off by stating, "Alexa, ask Linksys to turn on my guest WiFi".
Advanced Security: The Linksys Velop MX10 system safeguards your network with wireless WPA2/WPA3 (WiFi Protected Access) encryption, plus an SPI (stateful packet inspection) firewall. Its provides up to 128-bit encryption. You can even use WPS (WiFi Protected Setup) technology to automatically and securely add wireless devices to your network.
Automatic Firmware Updates: The MX10 2 Pack will automatically receive firmware updates from Linksys through the Linksys App as they are released, so your router is always secure and up to date. Click here for the latest firmware updates.
AC Power: The included router and extender include an AC power adapter (100-240V ~ 50-60Hz) which will need to be plugged into an AC wall outlet.
Mounting Options: The router and extender can simply be placed on a tabletop or desktop. It cannot be wall-mounted.
1 question already asked