About the Linksys Atlas Pro 6
A standalone Wi-Fi 6 router with mesh capabilities
A standalone Wi-Fi 6 router with mesh capabilities
On its own this router covers an impressive 2,700 square feet with strong, fast Wi-Fi 6. If you find you need more than that, you can add more modules (sold separately) to create a mesh network. In this type of network, all modules share a single Wi-Fi name (SSID), so you experience seamless connectivity as you roam throughout the house. Orthogonal Frequency-Division Multiple Access (OFDMA) allows efficient simultaneous data transmission to multiple connected devices, for minimal latency in streaming and gaming.
App and voice control
The free Linksys app connects your smartphone to the router via Bluetooth® and gives you easy access to setup, control, and security features. And the entire network is compatible with voice commands via Amazon Alexa devices (not included).
Excellent security options
This intelligent Velop mesh network features tough WPA2/WPA3 security with 128-bit encryption. App features let you create a separate password-protected guest network, so visitors have their own access. And parental controls restrict access to inappropriate content and block specific devices from accessing the internet.
- single router covers up to 2,700 square feet with strong, fast Wi-Fi 6
- expandable into a whole-home mesh network with the addition of one or more modules
- compatible with Amazon Alexa voice controllers (not included)
- dual-band AX5400 Wi-Fi (600 + 4800 Mbps)
- up to 600 Mbps on 2.4GHz band
- up to 4800 Mbps on 5GHz band
- 160 MHz channel bandwidth for fast connectivity and less congestion
- powerful 1GHz dual-core processor delivers high-performance connectivity
- 256MB flash memory and 512MB RAM in each module for improved throughput
- Linksys app for Apple® and Android™ devices offers app-based setup and monitoring of your router
- OFDMA allows more devices to connect without slowing down your Wi-Fi
- secure and easy app-based setup via Bluetooth
- WPA2/WPA3/WPS with 128-bit encryption
- create a separate, password-protected Wi-Fi network for guests
- parental controls restrict access to inappropriate content and block specific devices from accessing the internet
- WAN port for connecting to your modem (Ethernet cable included)
- 3 LAN auto-sensing Gigabit Ethernet ports for wired connections (10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit)
Dimensions and warranty:
- 3-7/16"W x 7-5/16"H x 3-3/8"D
- weight: 1.5 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MX5501
What's in the box:
- WiFi Mesh router
- AC Power supply w/attached 5' DC cord (12VDC/2A output)
- 6' Ethernet cable
- Setup guide
- Warranty information
Not sure what you need? Learn how modems, routers, and mesh Wi-Fi systems work.
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Linksys Atlas Pro 6
Features & specs
|Wi-Fi Standard||Wi-Fi 6|
|Wi-Fi bands/total speed||Dual-band 5.4 Gbps|
|2.4GHz band||600 Mbps|
|5.2GHz band||4800 Mbps|
|USB 2.0 ports||N/A|
|USB 3.0 ports||N/A|
Velop Intelligent Mesh Technology: The Linksys MX5501 Atlas Pro 6 Mesh WiFi Router is part of Velop's modular system, which means increasing your WiFi coverage in your home, business, or office is simple. The Velop mesh system operates as one network and continuously searches for your connected devices. This ensures a 100% seamless connection as you move throughout your home. A Velop modular WiFi mesh system gives you 100% seamless WiFi without lag or buffering, and without signal degradation or drop-out. The MX5501 features WiFi 6 for faster speeds for more devices. The Linksys Atlas Pro 6 Mesh Router works with all Internet Service Providers (ISP) and can provide up to 2,700 sq/ft of wireless coverage.
Note: A Linksys Atlas Pro 6 Velop system is composed of routers and extenders (or Nodes). One Node will act as your router while additional Nodes (sold separately) will act as WiFi extenders to expand your wireless WiFi network.
WiFi 6 (802.11ax): The Linksys MX5501 Atlas Pro 6 Mesh Router supports the latest WiFi 6 (802.11ax) standard to deliver true Gigabit speeds of up to 5.4Gbps with 6-stream connectivity. The WiFi 6 standard sends and receives multiple streams of data simultaneously, providing up to 4x more WiFi capacity to handle every mobile, streaming, gaming, and smart home devices on your wireless network.
Note: WiFi 6 (802.11ax) is also backwards compatible with previous 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac WiFi standards.
160MHz Channels: Optimized by WiFi 6 technology, the MX5501 feautes160MHz channel capability, available on the 5GHz band. This provides ultra-wide bandwidth for faster peak data rates, letting you work-from-home, stream, game, and on-line learn simultaneously without diminished bandwidth.
Note: To use the 160MHz channel-width feature, devices connected to the Linksys MX5501 must be 160MHz capable.
Dual-Band WiFi: The MX5501 offers two independent WiFi bands that deliver extremely fast combined speeds of up to 5.4Gbps. High-bandwidth applications like video-conferencing and movie streaming are ideal for the high-speed 5GHz band, while lower-bandwidth devices (like older computers) can utilize the 2.4GHz band.
- 2.4GHz Band: Optimal speeds up to 600Mbps for older Wireless-N & G devices.
- 5GHz Band: Fastest speeds up to 4800Mbps for newer Wireless-AX devices (perfect for 4K or HD TV streaming & online gaming).
Advanced WiFi Technologies: The Linksys MX5501 Atlas Pro 6 Mesh WiFi Router incorporates advanced WiFi technologies like MU-MIMO (Multi-User Multiple-Input Multiple-Output) and OFDMA (Orthogonal Frequency-Division Multiple Access).
- MU-MIMO (Multi-User Multiple-Input Multiple-Outputs): With 4x the capacity of WiFi 5, WiFi 6 provides enough bandwidth for up to 50 devices - so laptops, televisions, smart-home systems, and more can all operate simultaneously with ease. Thanks to built-in MU-MIMO (Multi-User Multiple-Input Multiple-Output) technology, the Linksys MX5501 mesh router can handle downloads and uploads on multiple devices simultaneously.
- OFDMA (Orthogonal Frequency-Division Multiple Access): Next-generation OFDMA (orthogonal frequency-division multiple access) increases efficiency in high-density scenarios, delivering high-speed WiFi to multiple devices simultaneously. Orthogonal Frequency-Division Multiple Access (OFDMA) enables efficient data scheduling so that more transmissions can be sent at the same time, resulting in an impressive capacity increase in your network.
Dual-Core Processor + Antennas: The Linksys MX5501 WiFi mesh router utilizes a 1GHz dual-core processor with 512MB RAM and 256MB of Flash memory for extremely fast data transfer speeds. The MX5501 also features 5 internal antennas, ensuring optimal performance & complete coverage of your home.
Gigabit Ethernet Ports: The MX5501 is outfitted with four 10/100/1000 (1 WAN / 3 LAN) Gigabit Ethernet ports with auto-sensing technology. The WAN port is used to connect your Internet modem, while the LAN ports are used to connect your local network devices. The Gigabit Ethernet ports support wired connections up to 10x faster than standard Ethernet and allows you to easily connect shared storage devices, printers, and other supported peripherals to your network.
Linksys App: With the Linksys App (for Apple iOS 11.4+ and Android OS 6.0+) you can setup, monitor, and manage your home WiFi remotely using your smartphone or tablet. With the Linksys App, you can access your home network from anywhere, any time. Easily tap into your home network to check the connection status of your devices, set up WiFi access for guests, or restrict your kids from accessing social networking sites when they should be doing homework. You can even prioritize which devices on your network get priority bandwidth to reduce lag times and buffering. You no longer have to be tethered to your desk at home to manage your home network.
- Remote Access: You'll be able to access and manage your network from anywhere and quickly view the status of your WiFi network.
- Guest Network: You'll be able to create a separate password-protected WiFi network for up to 50 guests and easily share the password.
- Parental Controls: You can ensure a safe Internet experience for your kids, even when you're away from home. Restrict access to inappropriate or distracting content, control usage, and block specific devices from accessing the Internet.
- Device Prioritization: You can prioritize devices that need the most speed.
- Speed Test: You'll be able to easily test and monitor your Internet connection's speed.
Amazon Alexa Compatible: Alexa (sold separately) enables you to interact with the Linksys mesh router using your voice. When paired with Amazon Alexa, Velop gives you access to a variety of convenient voice commands. For example, you can verbally turn Guest WiFi on or off by stating, "Alexa, ask Linksys to turn on my guest WiFi".
Advanced Security: The Linksys Velop MX5501 safeguards your network with wireless WPA2/WPA3 (WiFi Protected Access) encryption, plus an SPI (stateful packet inspection) firewall. It provides up to 128-bit encryption. You can even use WPS (WiFi Protected Setup) technology to automatically and securely add wireless devices to your network.
Automatic Firmware Updates: The MX5501 will automatically receive firmware updates from Linksys through the Linksys App as they are released, so your router is always secure and up to date. Click here for the latest firmware updates.
AC Power: The MX5501 is powered by an included AC power supply with a 12VDC/2A output.
Mounting Options: The MX5501 can simply be placed on a tabletop or desktop. They cannot be wall-mounted.