About the Linksys Atlas Max 6E
Very broad, very fast Wi-Fi coverage
Very broad, very fast Wi-Fi coverage
The Linksys Atlas Max 6E mesh router system was designed to handle heavy internet traffic — the kind that comes with working, playing, and learning from home. Its three router modules work together to create a powerful mesh network that covers an impressive 9,000 square feet with strong, fast Wi-Fi 6E. And the network can be expanded even further with the addition of more modules.
All of the modules share a single Wi-Fi name (SSID), so you experience seamless connectivity as you roam throughout the house. Orthogonal Frequency-Division Multiple Access (OFDMA) allows efficient simultaneous data transmission to multiple connected devices, for minimal latency in streaming and gaming.
Wi-Fi 6E: The 6GHz super-fast lane
For years, routers operated solely on the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands. The Atlas Max 6E uses those bands and adds a third band in the newly opened 6GHz spectrum. This additional band offers a blazing-fast 4804 Mbps. In fact, it delivers speeds that are up to 6.5 times faster than the previous standard. That means it's more than capable of handling 4K streaming, online meetings for work or school, and VR gaming.
Excellent security options
This intelligent Velop mesh network features tough WPA2/WPA3 security with 128-bit encryption. App features let you create a separate password-protected guest network so visitors have their own access. And parental controls restrict access to inappropriate content and block specific devices from accessing the internet.
- Wi-Fi 6E mesh network covers up to 9,000 square feet with strong, fast wireless internet
- new, wide-bandwidth 6GHz connection optimizes speed for busy households
- all three modules use a single Wi-Fi name (SSID) for seamless operation with all your devices, anywhere in your home
- tri-band AXE8400 Wi-Fi (1147 + 2402 + 4804 Mbps)
- up to 1147 Mbps on 2.4GHz band
- up to 2402 Mbps on 5GHz band
- up to 4804 Mbps on 6GHz band
- powerful 2.2GHz quad-core processor delivers high-performance connectivity
- 512MB flash memory and 1GB RAM in each module for improved throughput
- Linksys app for Apple® and Android™ devices offers app-based setup and monitoring of your router
- device prioritization lets you choose which connected devices get more Wi-Fi
- MU-MIMO and OFDMA allow more devices to connect without slowing down your Wi-Fi
- secure and easy app-based setup via Bluetooth
- WPA2/WPA3 with 128-bit encryption
- create a separate, password-protected Wi-Fi network for guests
- parental controls restrict access to inappropriate content and block specific devices from accessing the internet
Connections (each module):
- 5Gbps WAN port for connecting to your modem (Ethernet cable included)
- 4 LAN auto-sensing Gigabit Ethernet ports for wired connections (10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit)
- fast USB 3.0 port for connecting external storage devices
Dimensions and warranty:
- 4-1/2"W x 9-5/8"H x 4-1/2"D (each module)
- weight: 3.25 lbs. (each module)
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MX8503
What's in the box:
- 3 WiFi Mesh routers
- 3 AC Power supplies w/attached 5' DC cord (12VDC/4A output)
- 40" Ethernet cable
- Setup guide
- Warranty information
Not sure what you need? Learn how modems, routers, and mesh Wi-Fi systems work.
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Linksys Atlas Max 6E
Features & specs
|Wi-Fi Standard||Wi-Fi 6|
|Processor||2.2 GHz quad-core|
|Wi-Fi bands/total speed||Tri-band 8.4 Gbps|
|2.4GHz band||1147 Mbps|
|5.2GHz band||2402 Mbps|
|5.8GHz band||4804 Mbps (6GHz)|
|LAN ports||4 (10/100/1000)|
|USB 2.0 ports||N/A|
|USB 3.0 ports||1|
Velop Intelligent Mesh Technology: The Linksys MX8503 Atlas Max 6E Mesh System is part of Velop's modular system, which means increasing your WiFi coverage in your home, business, or office is simple. The Velop 3-pack (3 nodes) mesh system operates as one network and continuously searches for your connected devices. This ensures a 100% seamless connection as you move throughout your home. A Velop modular WiFi mesh system gives you 100% seamless WiFi without lag or buffering, and without signal degradation or drop-out. The MX8503 features the latest WiFi 6E technology that includes a 6GHz band for ultra-fast speeds and low-latency. The Linksys Atlas Pro 6 Mesh System 3-Pack works with all Internet Service Providers (ISP) and is backwards compatible with WiFi 5 and older devices. The MX8503 can provide up to 9,000 sq/ft of wireless coverage, with 195+ connected devices.
Note: The Linksys Atlas Max 6E Velop Mesh system is composed of routers and extenders (or nodes). One node will act as your router and the other nodes will act as WiFi extenders to expand your wireless WiFi network.
WiFi 6E with 6GHz Band: The Linksys MX8503 Atlas Max 6E Mesh System supports the latest WiFi 6E (802.11ax) standard, offering a 6GHz WiFi band to deliver true Gigabit speeds of up to 8.4Gbps to every corner of your home or business. The WiFi 6E standard sends and receives multiple streams of data simultaneously, providing 6.5x faster speeds and up to 4x the channels of current WiFi systems, letting the MX8503 easily handle all the traffic in the busiest smart homes using heavy-bandwidth devices.
- WiFi 6E (802.11ax) is also backwards compatible with previous 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac WiFi standards.
- To utilize the 6GHz band, connecting devices must be 6GHz compatible.
Tri-Band WiFi: The MX8503 offers three independent WiFi bands that deliver extremely fast combined speeds of up to 8.4Gbps. High-bandwidth applications like video-conferencing and movie streaming are ideal for the high-speed 6GHz and 5GHz bands, while lower-bandwidth devices (like older computers) can utilize the 2.4GHz band.
- 2.4GHz Band: Up to 1147Mbps
- 5GHz Band: Up to 2402Mbps
- 6GHz Band: Up to 4804Mbps
Advanced WiFi Technologies: The Linksys MX8503 Velop Mesh WiFi 6E System incorporates advanced WiFi technologies like MU-MIMO (Multi-User Multiple-Input Multiple-Output) and OFDMA (Orthogonal Frequency-Division Multiple Access).
- 4x4 MU-MIMO (Multi-User Multiple-Input Multiple-Outputs): The MX8503 features a 4x4 WiFi radio with MU-MIMO, allowing the Mesh System to handle downloads and uploads on multiple devices simultaneously.
- OFDMA (Orthogonal Frequency-Division Multiple Access): Next-generation OFDMA (orthogonal frequency-division multiple access) increases efficiency in high-density scenarios, delivering high-speed WiFi to multiple devices simultaneously. Orthogonal Frequency-Division Multiple Access (OFDMA) enables efficient data scheduling so that more transmissions can be sent at the same time, resulting in an impressive capacity increase in your network.
Quad-Core Processor + Antennas: Each node in the Linksys MX8503 WiFi mesh system utilizes a 2.2GHz quad-core processor with 512MB of Flash Memory and 1GB of RAM for extremely fast data transfer speeds. Each MX8503 node also incorporates 12 internal antennas that ensure optimal performance & complete coverage of your home.
Gigabit Ethernet Ports: The Linksys MX8503 nodes are outfitted with five Gigabit Ethernet ports (One 5Gbps WAN & four 1Gbps LAN) with auto-sensing technology. The 5Gbps WAN port (10/100/1000/2500/5000) is used to connect your Internet modem, while the LAN ports (10/100/1000) are used to connect your local network devices. The WAN port lets you experience wired Gigabit speeds throughout your home for smart TVs, streaming devices, gaming consoles, and the latest VR and AR.
Note: Wired speeds up to 5Gbps require an ISP (Internet Service Provider) speed of 5Gbps or greater.
USB 3.0: Thanks to the ultra-fast USB (type-A) 3.0 port on each Node, you can easily connect shared storage devices. The following USB file formats are supported - NTFS, FAT, FAT32 and HFS+.
Linksys App: With the Linksys App (for Apple iOS 11.4+ and Android OS 6.0+) you can setup, monitor, and manage your home WiFi remotely using your smartphone or tablet. With the Linksys App, you can access your home network from anywhere, any time. Easily tap into your home network to check the connection status of your devices, set up WiFi access for guests, or restrict your kids from accessing social networking sites when they should be doing homework. You can even prioritize which devices on your network get priority bandwidth to reduce lag times and buffering. You no longer have to be tethered to your desk at home to manage your home network.
- Remote Access: You'll be able to access and manage your network from anywhere and quickly view the status of your WiFi network.
- Guest Network: You'll be able to create a separate password-protected WiFi network for up to 50 guests and easily share the password.
- Parental Controls: You can ensure a safe Internet experience for your kids, even when you're away from home. Restrict access to inappropriate or distracting content, control usage, and block specific devices from accessing the Internet.
- Device Prioritization: You can prioritize devices that need the most speed.
- Speed Test: You'll be able to easily test and monitor your Internet connection's speed.
Advanced Security: The Linksys MX8503 system safeguards your network with wireless WPA2/WPA3 (WiFi Protected Access) encryption, plus an SPI (stateful packet inspection) firewall. It provides up to 128-bit encryption. You can even use WPS (WiFi Protected Setup) technology to automatically and securely add wireless devices to your network.
AC Power: The three MX8503 nodes are each powered by an AC power supply with a 12VDC/4A output.
Mounting Options: Each of the three MX8503 nodes can simply be placed on a tabletop or desktop. They cannot be wall-mounted.