About the Linksys RE7000 Wi-Fi® Range Extender
Extend dual-band Wi-Fi coverage into the corners of your home
The Linksys RE7000 range extender boosts coverage at the extreme ends of your router's range, so you can enjoy strong, fast Wi-Fi throughout your home. It uses advanced MU-MIMO (multi-user, multiple-input, multiple-output) technology and a dual-core processor to keep data flowing smoothly to several connected wireless devices simultaneously. You'll get 300 Mbps for older devices that use the 2.4 GHz band, and blazing-fast 1733 Mbps for streaming on the 5 GHz band.
- 802.11ac dual-band Gigabit wireless range extender
- AC1900 (300 Mbps+1733 Mbps)
- up to 300 Mbps on 802.11n band
- up to 1733 Mbps on 802.11ac band
- extends 2.4 and 5 GHz Wi-Fi signals from existing routers for better range
- one 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet port with auto-sensing technology
- MU-MIMO technology lets router communicate with multiple devices simultaneously
- push one button to connect using Wi-Fi Protected set-up
- Crossband technology allows for the simultaneous use of both bands
- mobile-guided Spot Finder setup helps you find the most effective place to plug in
- 3-3/16"W x 5"H x 1-13/16"D
- weight: 8.9 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # RE7000
What's in the box:
- WiFi range extender
- Quick Start Guide
- Regulatory Information
- "Want help?" note
Not sure what you need? Learn how modems, routers, and mesh Wi-Fi systems work.
Linksys RE7000 Wi-Fi® Range Extender reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Linksys RE7000 Wi-Fi® Range Extender
WiFi Range Extender: The Linksys Max-Stream AC1900+ WiFi Range Extender (RE7000) offers the option to use it as a wireless range extender (Range Extender mode) or a wired range extender (Access Point mode). The Linksys RE7000 is the latest range extender from Linksys with 802.11ac technology and a plug-in format factor with a built-in power outlet that allows the device to plug into a power outlet while providing an extra outlet for other electronics, too. With 2,000 sq/ft or more coverage, it lets you repeat the wireless signal of any access point or router to provide Internet connectivity in hard-to-reach areas through a wireless connection on the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequency band.
- Range Extender Mode: In Range Extender Mode, the RE7000 acts as a wireless range extender and repeats the existing WiFi signal of your wireless router to expand the WiFi signal to more areas of your home.
- Access Point Mode: Wired range extenders (access points) create new WiFi hotspots when connected to a router or access point with an Ethernet cable. Access Point Mode allows you to add WiFi capabilities to your existing home wired network. Simply connect the AC1900+ range extender using a Gigabit Ethernet cable to your router or other wired Internet adapter, and place the RE7000 where you need a WiFi signal.
System Compatibility & Requirements: The Linksys Max-Stream AC1900+ WiFi Range Extender (RE7000) works with all types of WiFi routers including service provider's routers; there is no need to adjust your router's settings when installing the extender. It also works with both Windows and Mac, as well as a variety of internet browsers. Your wireless router, computer, and internet browser must meet the following minimum system requirements.
- Existing wireless router or access point
- Ethernet cable if using the Linksys RE7000 in Access Point mode
- A computer or tablet with Wi-Fi enabled
- One of the following Internet browsers - Google Chrome 25 or higher, Firefox 20 or higher, Safari 5.1 or higher, Internet Explorer 8 or higher.
Wireless Coverage Range: The Linksys Max-Stream AC1900+ WiFi Range Extender (RE7000) extends the range of your wireless router to 2,000 square/feet or more, eliminating dead zones.
Dual-Band Wireless-AC: The Linksys RE7000 supported WiFi standards are 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n, and 802.11ac. It also supports the 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequencies simultaneously With Dual-Band Wireless-AC, the Max-Stream AC1900+ eliminates dead zones and delivers greater range and consistent, high-speed connectivity. This allows you to stream media, play online games, and share content throughout your home.
- Band 1 (2.4GHz): Optimal speeds up to 300Mbps for older Wireless-N & G devices.
- Band 2 (5GHz): Faster speeds up to 1733Mbps for newer Wireless-AC devices.
Advance WiFi Technologies: The Linksys Max-Stream AC1900+ WiFi Range Extender (RE7000) incorporates advanced WiFi technologies like MU-MIMO, Beamforming, Cross-Band, Seamless Roaming, and Spot Finder.
- MU-MIMO: MU-MIMO (Multi-User, Multiple-Input, Multiple-Output) technology increases the capacity and efficiency of your router, allowing it to handle more WiFi-intensive activities such as streaming and gaming. MU-MIMO technology also allows your WiFi router to communicate with multiple devices simultaneously. This decreases the time each device has to wait for a signal and dramatically speeds up your network.
- Beamforming: Beamforming enables the extender to identify and connect directly with other devices rather than simply sending out wireless signals in a general direction. Now you can experience faster network speeds, better wireless range, reduced interference from other devices, and stronger WiFi connections.
- Cross-Band: Innovative Crossband technology allows for the simultaneous use of both bands, rather than relying on one radio band to do all the work. This allows information to be obtained on one band and transmitted on the other, resulting in reduced dropped data packets, faster media transfer speeds, and a stronger, more consistent signal throughout your home.
- Seamless Roaming: Seamless Roaming allows your supported device such as an iPad or iPhone to roam between a supported Linksys Max-Stream router or range extender. Moving between a traditional router and range extender, your home WiFi signal can experience lag or a dropped connection. With its intuitive technology, Seamless Roaming allows you to move from one room to another and automatically switches your device to connect to the strongest WiFi signal.
- Spot Finder: Compatible with your smartphone, laptop, or tablet, Linksys' exclusive Spot Finder Technology provides a unique visual representation of how far or how close the Max-Stream AC1900+ is in relation to your router. The 3-step setup ensures that you'll get the maximum WiFi signal to the far reaches of your home and outdoors
Gigabit Ethernet Port: Linksys equipped the RE7000 with a Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45) port, which is 10x faster than Fast Ethernet. You can connect various devices such as game consoles, smart TVs, and more to your WiFi network. It also helps provide more WiFi bandwidth to your mobile devices. This Gigabit Ethernet Port can also be used to configure the RE7000 for Access Point Mode.
Security Modes: The Linksys RE7000 supports WEP (64-bit/128-bit), WPA2-Personal, and Mixed Mode. You can even use WPS (WiFi Protected Setup) technology to automatically and securely add wireless devices to your network.
IP Address: The default IP address of the RE7000 is 192.168.1.1 and password is admin. However, once the RE7000 is connected to your existing network, your wireless router will automatically assign a different IP address and treat it as a DHCP client. In this case, you may easily access the web-based setup page of the RE7000 by entering http://extender.linksys.com in the Address bar or its friendly name "RE7000-xxx" where xxx are the last three (3) characters of its MAC address. You can find the wireless MAC address of your range extender in its web-based setup page.
LED Indicator: The front-panel LED indicates the following -
- Off: No power on the range extender.
- Solid Green: The extender is ready to use or WPS connection is successful.
- Blinking Green: The extender is starting up, resetting to factory defaults, upgrading its firmware, or WPS connection is in process.
- Blinking Amber: The extender cannot establish a connection or encounters a problem.
- Solid Amber: Weak signal on 2.4GHz or 5.GHz connection.
Note: If the LED indicator is solid red, unplug the extender and move it closer to the router. If it is flashing red, simply unplug and reconnect the extender.
AC Power: The Linksys Max-Stream AC1900+ (RE7000) must be plugged into an AC power outlet. The internal AC/DC power supply is rated for 100-240V~0.5A, 50/60Hz.
The Linksys RE7000 Wi-Fi® Range Extender replaces these items
- extends 2.4 and 5 GHz Wi-Fi signals from existing routers for better range
- AC1200 (300 Mbps+900 Mbps)
- plugs into standard wall socket
2 questions already asked