About the Linksys LGS328MPC
PoE for up to 24 connected devices
The Linksys LGS328MPC Smart Switch offers fast data streaming to connected devices in a large network. It features 24 Ethernet ports with 410 total watts dedicated to PoE+ (Power over Ethernet Plus). PoE+ carries data and power to compatible devices like security cameras and smart home components, so you don't have to run a separate power cable for those devices. Quality of Service (QoS) traffic prioritization ensures devices get fast, reliable data access, and robust active security protocols help to keep your network safe.
- Gigabit Ethernet switch with connections for up to 28 devices
- 24 PoE+ Gigabit Ethernet ports provide power and data to compatible equipment (410 watts)
- 4 SFP+ uplink ports
- 512 MB RAM
- Quality of Service (QoS) traffic prioritization ensures devices get fast, reliable data access
- built-in network security, including port authentication, DHCP snooping and MAC-based port security
- IP telephony support
- embedded remote monitoring software
- two internal cooling fans
Dimensions and warranty:
- 17-3/8"W x 1-3/4"H x 10-1/8"D
- weight: 8.73 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # LGS328MPC
What's in the box:
- Ethernet POE+ switch
- 6' AC power cord
- 2 Brackets
- 8 Screws
- 4 Rubber feet
- Quick Start Guide
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Linksys LGS328MPC
Commerical Ethernet PoE+ Switch: The Linksys LGS328MPC is designed for business-class management, security, speed, and quality of service with 24 Gigabit Ethernet PoE+ ports, 4 10G SFP+ uplinks and 410W of total PoE power budget. The Linksys LGS328MPC offers a quick and easy solution to extend your office network. It features gigabit speed ports, a web interface for easy configuration and management, and PoE+ support for networking devices to be located anywhere without the need for alternating current (AC) outlets
10G SFP+ UPLINK PORTS: The Linksys LGS328MPC features foru 10G SFP+ uplink ports for fast, dedicated connections back to your core network. Use these dedicated SFP uplink ports to connect to other switches or back to your core network instead of taking away from one of your existing PoE+ ports. Plus, you get high speed 10G SFP+ ports to ensure maximum bandwidth capacity for your edge devices.
Power Over Ethernet Plus (PoE+): Integrated Power Over Ethernet Plus (POE+) makes installation simple and inexpensive by eliminating the need for additional power cables and nearby power outlets. Thanks to PoE+ integration the Linksys LGS328MPC can power PoE+ enabled devices such as surveillance cameras, access points, door access control systems, VoIP phones and ProAV systems. This will eliminate the need for additional power cables and outlets, making installation simpler and less expensive.
- The LGS328MPS has 410W dedicated PoE power budget for the entire switch. The switch has a feature called PoE prioritization where power is provided based on port priority for PoE devices connected to the PoE ports
- Linksys managed switches support the latest 802.3at (PoE+) standards and provide up to double the power budget per Gigabit Ethernet port while offering 802.3af (PoE) backwardcompatibility.
Quality Of Service (QOS) Traffic Prioritization: Numerous QoS features ensure that traffic is prioritized properly to deliver the best possible user experience for real-time applications like voice and video along with bandwidth-intensive graphic/video file uploads and downloads. IGMP snooping limits IP multicast traffic to the ports that requested it, enabling the rest of the network to operate at peak efficiency.This allows you to engage in video streaming, VoIP calls, high-volume file uploads, and other bandwidth-intensive tasks without worry of slowing down the network.
Link Aggregation: Link Aggregation optimizes port usage by linking a group of ports together to form a single, logical, higher-bandwidth link. Aggregating ports multiplies the bandwidth and increases port flexibility for the Ethernet switch. Link Aggregation is most commonly used to link a bandwidth intensive network device (or devices), such as a server, to the backbone of a network.
Network Expansion: Linksys managed switches include features for quickly expanding and growing your network. Ideal for complex network environments that demand multiple switches, the Liksys LGS328MPC ethernet switch is designed to scale alongside the needs of your growing workforce. It helps ensure smooth and seamless network expansion by leveraging IEEE802.1s
- Multiple high-bandwidth trunks between switches enhance availability and redundancy. Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol, which prevents formation of loops that can be deadly to your network. Multiple high-bandwidth trunks carry data smoothly between the switches, helping alleviate congestion and improve availability.
- Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) and Storm Control features help control planned or inadvertent cable loops, so you can confidently build a mesh of switches and quickly expand your network to support your growing workforce. And thanks to Storm Control, the switches also help minimize loss of service by monitoring and suppressing traffic levels.
Network Security: Network Security Unauthorized access to the network and mission-critical data is a constant concern. Linksys managed switches help secure networks through port authentication, requiring clients to authenticate themselves before any data is passed. The LGS328MPC switch safeguards your network's mission-critical data from unauthorized access using port authentication and MAC-based port security that require clients to authenticate themselves before any data is transferred. Advanced DHCP snooping and IP-MAC binding functions ensure network integrity and help prevent network attacks.
- DHCP snooping filters out traffic from untrusted sources.
- IP-MAC binding functions help promote overall network integrity to protect against attacks.
Web-Based Setup: With its Windows web-based setup page, the Linksys LGS328MPC provides easy installation and management. Compatible web browsers include Firefox (versions 72.0 and newer) or Chrome (version 80.0 and newer).
- The Linksys Managed PoE+ Gigabit Switch is a DHCP client by default. When no DHCP server is detected, the switch will default to an IP address and password (see owner's manual).
- If the switch is connected to a network with a DHCP server, you will need to determine the IP address of the switch from the router's list of DHCP clients.
IP Settings: This switch supports multiple IP interfaces that are configurable. There are 4 IPv4 address and 4 IPv6 link local address, and 16 global IPv6 address share with 4 IP interfaces. IP addresses are either defined as static or are retrieved using the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP). DHCP assigns dynamic IP addresses to devices on a network. DHCP ensures that network devices can have a different IP address every time the device connects to the network.
- Dynamic IP Address: Enables the IP address to be configured automatically by the DHCP server. Select this option if you have a DHCP server that can assign the Switch an IP address, subnet mask, default gateway IP address, and a domain name server IP address automatically. Selecting this field disables the IP Address, Subnet Mask fields.
- Static IP Address: Allows the entry of an IP address, subnet mask for the Switch. Select this option if you don't have a DHCP server or if you wish to assign a static IP address to the Switch.
- IP Address: This field allows the entry of an IPv4 address to be assigned to this IP interface. Enter the IP address of your Switch in dotted decimal notation. The factory default value is: 192.168.1.251
- Subnet Mask: A subnet mask separates the IP address into the network and host addresses. A bitmask determines the extent of the subnet that the Switch is on (see owner's manual for more details).
Note: IPv6 is an upgraded version to IPv4, providing more available IP addresses as well as other benefits.
TAA Compliant For GSA Schduled Contracts: The Linksys LGS328MPC is manufactured in Taiwan, which is a TAA designated country approved for GSA Schedule Contracts and federal use.
Mounting Options: The Linksys LGS328MPC can simply be placed on a tabletop or desktop horizontally. It can also be rack-mounted using the included hardware.
Power Requirements: The Linksys LGS328MPC comes a detachable 6' AC power cord that will need to be plugged into an AC wall outlet or surge protector.