About the Linksys Velop Dual-band Wi-Fi® System
Up to 4,500 square feet of solid Wi-Fi coverage
Wherever friends and family gather, you'll get speedy, glitch-free Wi-Fi with the Linksys Velop Dual-band Wi-Fi system.
Up to 4,500 square feet of solid Wi-Fi coverage
A single router may struggle to cover your entire home with strong, fast Wi-Fi. Your house may spread out horizontally, or maybe you live in a townhouse with three or four vertical levels. The Linksys Velop dual-band mesh system solves that problem.
Plug in one module wherever your modem is located. Then you can add more — up to 10 total — around your home to repeat and boost the original signal. If you start out with the 3-pack, you can cover up to 4,500 square feet — the layout can conform to your unique needs. All modules share a single Wi-Fi name (SSID), so you experience seamless connectivity as you roam throughout the house.
Easy, app-based setup
Setup is fast and easy. Just plug one Velop into your existing high-speed modem and use the free Linksys app for Apple® and Android™ devices to configure the network. You'll be enjoying speedy streaming and internet access in minutes.
What's in the box:
- Three WiFi nodes (black)
- Three AC power adapters each w/5' cord (12VDC/1A output)
- 39" Ethernet cable (RJ-45 connectors each end)
- Quickstart guide
- Warranty information
Linksys Velop Dual-band Wi-Fi® System reviews
This product answered my home Wifi needs. I now have coverage from the Eastside of my house where my router is located to the Westside where I want to place another Ring camera. The installation was quick and easy......Great product as far as I am concerned!
0 of 0 found this helpful
More details on the Linksys Velop Dual-band Wi-Fi® System
Velop Intelligent Mesh WiFi: Velop by Linksys is a Dual-Band (2.4GHZ + 5GHZ) WiFi mesh system that is perfect for providing strong WiFi throughout your home and is ideal for medium to large size homes.
- Nodes: The Velop system is composed of nodes that get placed in areas where WiFi is needed. The first node you will set up gets connected directly to the output of your modem (sold separately) via an Ethernet cable and becomes the Parent node, letting you add other nodes to expand your network. There can be a total of 10 nodes in a Velop WiFi mesh network.
- Mesh WiFi Network: The Velop mesh system operates as one network and continuously searches for your connected devices. This ensures a 100% seamless connection as you move throughout your home. A Velop modular WiFi mesh system gives you 100% seamless WiFi without lag or buffering. It also gives you full-strength WiFi without signal degradation or drop-out, unlike range extenders that weaken over distance.
- Intelligent Mesh Technology: The Linksys Velop includes technology that allows your mesh network to constantly adapt to your home. Even with a busy network, the Velop can automatically select the clearest channel for each device on the network. If a node is accidentally unplugged, the other nodes in the system can pick up the slack, and provide the needed coverage.
- Automatic Updates: The Velop mesh system will keep itself up to date by automatically installing software updates as they are released.
Dual Ethernet Ports: Each Velop node is equipped with two WAN/LAN auto-sensing gigabit RJ-45 Ethernet ports (10/100/1000Mbps). One of these ports will plug into your modem while the second port can be used for a hardwired link between nodes. Only one node in a mesh network needs to be connected to the modem.
Linksys App (for Apple iOS & Android): The Linksys App for Apple iOS 9.0+ and Android OS 4.1+ provides the freedom to access and control your WiFi from your smartphone or tablet. With the Linksys App, you can easily setup and configure your mesh network, as well as closely monitor and manage your home's WiFi remotely from anywhere with a network or cellular connection.
- Parental Controls: Ensure a safe Internet experience for your kids, even when you're away from home. Reduce online distractions during homework, family or dinnertime. Restrict access to inappropriate or distracting content, control usage, and block specific devices from accessing the Internet.
- Guest Access: Generate a separate, password-protected WiFi network for up to 50 guests and easily share the password via text.
- Device Prioritization: Prioritize devices that need the most speed.
- Auto-Fix: Automatically select the best channel for your device and eliminate congestion with the push of a button.
- Speed Test: Easily test and monitor your Internet connection's speed to make sure you're getting full speed from your provide.
Amazon Alexa Compatible: Alexa (sold separately) enables you to interact with the Linksys Velop system using your voice. When paired with Amazon Alexa, Velop gives you access to a variety of convenient voice commands. For example, you can verbally turn Guest WiFi on or off by stating, "Alexa, ask Linksys to turn on my guest WiFi".
On/Off & Reset: The bottom panel of each node includes an On/Off slide-switch along with a Reset button. When pressed, this will reset the node back to its original state before setup. If the Parent node is reset, all other nodes will be reset along with it.
AC Power: Each of the Linksys Velop nodes includes its own AC power adapter which will need to be plugged into an AC wall outlet. Input (100-240V ~ 50-60Hz, 0.4A); Output (12VDC / 1A).
3-Year Warranty & 24/7 Customer Care: Velop carries a premium level of support and is backed not only by a 3 year warranty, but also by a 3 year Linksys tech support guarantee with a dedicated phone support line.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?