About the Linksys Velop
Up to 2,000 square feet of expandable Wi-Fi coverage
Up to 2,000 square feet of expandable Wi-Fi coverage
This single router may be plenty to cover your entire home with strong, fast Wi-Fi. If you move in the future or add to your existing property, this Velop router can grow with you..
Plug in one module wherever your modem is located. Then you can add more — up to 10 total — around your home to repeat and boost the original signal. If you start out with the 3-pack, you can cover up to 6,000 square feet — the layout can conform to your unique needs. All modules share a single Wi-Fi name (SSID), so you experience seamless connectivity as you roam throughout the house.
Easy, app-based setup
Setup is fast and easy. Just plug one Velop into your existing high-speed modem and use the free Linksys app for Apple® and Android™ devices to configure the network. You'll be enjoying speedy streaming and internet access in minutes.
- powerful Velop router covers up to 2,000 square feet with strong, fast Wi-Fi®
- compatible with Amazon Alexa voice control
- expandable with the addition of more Velop modules
- six high-performance amplified internal antennas
- 2 WAN/LAN auto-sensing Gigabit Ethernet ports for wired connections (10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit)
- free Linksys app available for Apple® and Android™ devices
- AC2200 Wi-Fi (400 + 867 + 867 Mbps)
- up to 400 Mbps on 802.11n band
- up to 867 Mbps on each 802.11ac band
- powerful quad-core 716MHz processor delivers high-performance connectivity
- 4GB flash memory and 512MB RAM in each module for improved throughput
- WPA2 personal encryption security
- Bluetooth 4.0/LE for secure and easy App based set-up
Dimensions and warranty:
- 3-1/8"W x 7-5/16"H x 3-1/8"D
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # WHW0301
What's in the box:
- WiFi mesh router
- AC power adapter (attached 6' cable)
- 6' Ethernet cable
- Setup Guide
Linksys Velop reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Linksys Velop
Velop Whole Home WiFi: Velop by Linksys is a true whole-home WiFi mesh system that delivers blazing-fast WiFi using dynamic Tri-Band technology to give you 100% full-strength signal throughout your home. Velop is beautifully designed with internal antennas placed at the top for better coverage and vented on three sides for optimal cooling. Its footprint is 88% smaller than traditional routers and all connections are hidden to reduce cable clutter, so you are free to place the Velop in plain sight. And best of all, Velop is easy to setup.
Modular System: Velop immerses you in WiFi no matter what type or size of home you live in. It is modular and available in a one, two or three pack. This gives you the freedom to place additional nodes to reach difficult spots like the upstairs, basement, garage, or backyard for flawless WiFi everywhere.
- Velop WHW0301 (Pack of 1): coverage up to approximately 2,000 square feet
- Velop WHW0302 (Pack of 2): coverage up to approximately 4,000 square feet
- Velop WHW0303 (Pack of 3): coverage up to approximately 6,000 square feet
Note: The Velop system is composed of nodes. The first node you will set up becomes the Parent node and you can add another node to expand your network. There can be a total of 10 nodes in a Velop WiFi mesh network.
100% WiFi Mesh Network Signal: The Velop mesh system operates as one network and continuously searches for your connected devices. This ensures a 100% seamless connection as you move throughout your home. A Velop modular WiFi mesh system gives you 100% seamless WiFi without lag or buffering. Velop gives you full-strength WiFi without signal degradation or drop-out.
Dynamic Tri-Band Technology: Featuring Dynamic Tri-band technology, Velop provides blazing fast speeds through its combination of three WiFi radios, each tuned for optimal WiFi load balancing to ensure peak WiFi performance throughout the home. Whether you're streaming 4K content, gaming, or video chatting, Velop delivers exceptionally fast WiFi to ensure optimal performance even when multiple WiFi devices are connected.
- 2.4GHz: 2.4 GHz band with optimal speeds up 400Mbps for older Wireless-N & G devices.
- 5GHz x 2: Two 5GHz bands with faster speeds up to 867Mbps each for newer Wireless-AC devices.
Next-Gen AC + MU-MIMO: The Linksys Velop features Next-Gen AC WiFi with MU-MIMO technology, the latest advancement towards uninterrupted, simultaneous WiFi connections. Devices such as 4K TVs, HD streaming media players, tablets, game consoles, and many more use a lot of bandwidth, and with MU-MIMO (Multi-User, Multiple-Input, Multiple-Output) technology, the Velop sends WiFi to multiple devices at the same time and same speed. Your whole family can play, stream, and work at once, without experiencing lag or buffering--at up to 2x the speed of a non-MU-MIMO router.
Beamforming: The Linksys Velop has Beamforming technology on both 5GHz bands which helps improve the quality of voice, streaming of video and other bandwidth and latency sensitive transmissions. Direct WiFi signals to each of your mobile devices to increase signal strength and coverage. Play video games, listen to music, check emails, shop online, stream HD movies, and more, without having to worry about dropped signals.
Dual Ethernet Ports: The Velop by Linksys is also equipped with two WAN/LAN auto-sensing gigabit RJ-45 Ethernet ports (10/100/1000Mbps) for hardwired connection. One of these ports will plug into your modem.
Linksys App (for Apple iOS & Android): The Linksys App for Apple iOS 9.1+ and Android OS 4.1+ provides the freedom to access and control your WiFi from your smartphone or tablet. With the Linksys App, you can closely monitor and manage your home's WiFi remotely from anywhere with a network or cellular connection.
- Parental Controls: Ensure a safe Internet experience for your kids, even when you're away from home. Reduce online distractions during homework, family or dinnertime. Restrict access to inappropriate or distracting content, control usage, and block specific devices from accessing the Internet.
- Guest Access: Generate a separate, password-protected WiFi network for up to 50 guests and easily share the password via text.
- Device Prioritization: Prioritize devices that need the most speed.
- Auto-Fix: Automatically select the best channel for your device and eliminate congestion with the push of a button.
- Speed Test: Easily test and monitor your Internet connection's speed to make sure you're getting full speed from your provide.
Amazon Alexa Compatible: Alexa (sold separately) enables you to interact with the Linksys Velop system using your voice. When paired with Amazon Alexa, Velop gives you access to a variety of convenient voice commands. For example, you can verbally turn Guest WiFi on or off by stating, "Alexa, ask Linksys to turn on my guest WiFi".
AC Power: The Linksys Velop includes an AC power adapter which will need to be plugged into an AC wall outlet. Input (100-240V ~ 50-60Hz, 0.7A); Output (1.2V, 2A).
Firmware Updates: You can update the router's firmware automatically or manually. Click here for the latest firmware updates.
3-Year Warranty & 24/7 Customer Care: Velop carries a premium level of support and is backed not only by a 3 year warranty, but also by a 3 year Linksys tech support guarantee with a dedicated phone support line.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
3 questions already asked