About the Linksys Velop Wi-Fi 5 Tri-band System (3-pack)
Up to 6,000 square feet of solid Wi-Fi coverage
Wherever friends and family gather, you'll get speedy, glitch-free Wi-Fi with the Linksys Velop Tri-band Wi-Fi system.
Up to 6,000 square feet of solid Wi-Fi coverage
You may have a home that spreads out horizontally, or maybe a townhouse with three or four vertical levels. Either way, you'll have a tough time getting solid Wi-Fi coverage throughout your living space. This three-piece Linksys Velop system solves that problem.
Plug in one module wherever your modem is located and connect the second to repeat and boost the signal. Together, they'll cover up to 6,000 square feet with strong, fast Wi-Fi. Both modules use a single Wi-Fi name (SSID) so you experience seamless connectivity as you roam throughout the house.
Easy, app-based setup
Setup is fast and easy. Just plug the Velop router into your existing high-speed modem and use the free Linksys app for Apple® and Android™ devices to configure the network. You'll be enjoying speedy streaming and internet access in minutes.
- powerful Velop router covers up to 6,000 square feet with strong, fast Wi-Fi®
- compatible with Amazon Alexa voice control
- expandable with the addition of more Velop modules
- six high-performance amplified internal antennas
- 2 WAN/LAN auto-sensing Gigabit Ethernet ports for wired connections (10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit)
- free Linksys app available for Apple® and Android™ devices
- AC2200 Wi-Fi (400 + 867 + 867 Mbps)
- up to 400 Mbps on 802.11n band
- up to 867 Mbps on each 802.11ac band
- powerful quad-core 716MHz processor delivers high-performance connectivity
- 4GB flash memory and 512MB RAM in each module for improved throughput
- WPA2 personal encryption security
- Bluetooth 4.0/LE for secure and easy App based set-up
- Dimensions and warranty:
- 3-1/8"W x 7-5/16"H x 3-1/8"D (each module)
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # WHW0303B
What's in the box:
- Three WiFi nodes (black)
- Three AC power adapters each w/ 71" cord (12VDC/2A output)
- 6' Ethernet cable (RJ-45 connectors each end)
- Quickstart guide
- Warranty information
Not sure what you need? Learn how modems, routers, and mesh Wi-Fi systems work.
Linksys Velop Wi-Fi 5 Tri-band System (3-pack) reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Linksys Velop Wi-Fi 5 Tri-band System (3-pack)
Features & specs
|Parental controls||Not given|
|Wi-Fi bands/total speed||2.4+5+5GHz|
|USB 2.0 ports||N/A|
|USB 3.0 ports||N/A|
Velop Intelligent Mesh WiFi: Velop by Linksys is a Tri-Band (2.4GHZ + 5GHZ x 2) WiFi mesh system that is perfect for providing strong WiFi throughout your home and is ideal for medium to large size homes.
- Nodes: The Velop system is composed of nodes that get placed in areas where WiFi is needed. The first node you will set up gets connected directly to the output of your modem (sold separately) via an Ethernet cable and becomes the Parent node, letting you add other nodes to expand your network. There can be a total of 10 nodes in a Velop WiFi mesh network.
- Mesh WiFi Network: The Velop mesh system operates as one network and continuously searches for your connected devices. This ensures a 100% seamless connection as you move throughout your home. A Velop modular WiFi mesh system gives you 100% seamless WiFi without lag or buffering. It also gives you full-strength WiFi without signal degradation or drop-out, unlike range extenders that weaken over distance.
- Intelligent Mesh Technology: The Linksys Velop includes technology that allows your mesh network to constantly adapt to your home. Even with a busy network, the Velop can automatically select the clearest channel for each device on the network. If a node is accidentally unplugged, the other nodes in the system can pick up the slack, and provide the needed coverage.
- Automatic Updates: The Velop mesh system will keep itself up to date by automatically installing software updates as they are released.
Modular System: Velop immerses you in WiFi no matter what type or size of
home you live in. It is modular and available in a one, two or three pack. This
gives you the freedom to place additional nodes to reach difficult spots like
the upstairs, basement, garage, or backyard for flawless WiFi everywhere.
Velop WHW0301 (Pack of 1): Coverage up to approximately 2,000 square feet
Velop WHW0302 (Pack of 2): Coverage up to approximately 4,000 square feet
Velop WHW0303 (Pack of 3): Coverage up to approximately 6,000 square feet
Dynamic Tri-Band Technology: Featuring Dynamic Tri-band technology, Velop provides blazing fast speeds through its combination of three WiFi radios, each tuned for optimal WiFi load balancing to ensure peak WiFi performance throughout the home. Whether you're streaming 4K content, gaming, or video chatting, Velop delivers exceptionally fast WiFi to ensure optimal performance even when multiple WiFi devices are connected.
- 2.4GHz: 2.4 GHz band with optimal speeds up 400Mbps for older Wireless-N & G devices.
- 5GHz x 2: Two 5GHz bands with faster speeds up to 867Mbps each for newer Wireless-AC devices.
Next-Gen AC + MU-MIMO: The Linksys Velop features Next-Gen AC WiFi with MU-MIMO technology, the latest advancement towards uninterrupted, simultaneous WiFi connections. Devices such as 4K TVs, HD streaming media players, tablets, game consoles, and many more use a lot of bandwidth, and with MU-MIMO (Multi-User, Multiple-Input, Multiple-Output) technology, the Velop sends WiFi to multiple devices at the same time and same speed. Your whole family can play, stream, and work at once, without experiencing lag or buffering--at up to 2x the speed of a non-MU-MIMO router.
Beamforming: The Linksys Velop has Beamforming technology on both 5GHz
bands which helps improve the quality of voice, streaming of video and other
bandwidth and latency sensitive transmissions. Direct WiFi signals to each of
your mobile devices to increase signal strength and coverage. Play video games,
listen to music, check emails, shop online, stream HD movies, and more, without
having to worry about dropped signals.
Dual Ethernet Ports: The Velop by Linksys is also equipped with two WAN/LAN auto-sensing gigabit RJ-45 Ethernet ports (10/100/1000Mbps) for hardwired connection. One of these ports will plug into your modem.
Linksys App (for Apple iOS & Android): The Linksys App for Apple iOS 9.1+ and Android OS 4.1+ provides the freedom to access and control your WiFi from your smartphone or tablet. With the Linksys App, you can closely monitor and manage your home's WiFi remotely from anywhere with a network or cellular connection.
- Parental Controls: Ensure a safe Internet experience for your kids, even when you're away from home. Reduce online distractions during homework, family or dinnertime. Restrict access to inappropriate or distracting content, control usage, and block specific devices from accessing the Internet.
- Guest Access: Generate a separate, password-protected WiFi network for up to 50 guests and easily share the password via text.
- Device Prioritization: Prioritize devices that need the most speed.
- Auto-Fix: Automatically select the best channel for your device and eliminate congestion with the push of a button.
- Speed Test: Easily test and monitor your Internet connection's speed to make sure you're getting full speed from your provide.
Amazon Alexa Compatible: Alexa (sold separately) enables you to interact
with the Linksys Velop system using your voice. When paired with Amazon Alexa,
Velop gives you access to a variety of convenient voice commands. For example,
you can verbally turn Guest WiFi on or off by stating, "Alexa, ask Linksys to
turn on my guest WiFi".
On/Off & Reset: The bottom panel of each node includes an On/Off slide-switch along with a Reset button. When pressed, this will reset the node back to its original state before setup. If the Parent node is reset, all other nodes will be reset along with it.
AC Power: Each of the Linksys Velop nodes includes its own AC power adapter which will need to be plugged into an AC wall outlet. Input (100-240V ~ 50-60Hz, 0.4A); Output (12VDC/1A).
3-Year Warranty & 24/7 Customer Care: Velop carries a premium level of support and is backed not only by a 3 year warranty, but also by a 3 year Linksys tech support guarantee with a dedicated phone support line.
2 questions already asked