About the Soundcast VG3
Premium sound from a portable speaker
The VG3 is waterproof, so you can enjoy it just about anywhere outdoors.
Premium sound from a portable speaker
The SoundCast VG3 is no ordinary portable Bluetooth speaker. It delivers exceptional 360° sound thanks to its high-performance drivers. The VG3 is both waterproof and shock-resistant, so you can enjoy that great sound just about anywhere. And if a call comes in to your paired smartphone, there's a built-in mic so you can have hands-free conversations.
The VG3 has two 1-1/2" aluminum-cone speakers for rich, detailed, full-range sound. A down-firing 3" woofer delivers surprisingly strong bass. The speakers are positioned to deliver spacious, 360° sound. The VG3 features aptX® audio coding, an advanced form of Bluetooth that allows higher-fidelity sound with compatible devices.
Ready to play
The built-in rechargeable battery powers up to 15 hours of playback. An auxiliary input lets you play music from portable devices. Just use the included 3.5mm stereo minijack cable to connect to your device's headphone jack.
- built-in Bluetooth 4.2
- aptX audio coding for high-fidelity streaming with compatible devices
- built-in microphone for hands-free calls
- waterproof and shock-resistant
- two 1-1/2" full-range drivers with down-firing long-throw 3" woofer
- pair two VG3 speakers for two-channel stereo (second VG3 available separately)
- 3.5mm stereo minijack input for portable devices (stereo minijack cable included)
- built-in rechargeable battery lasts up to 15 hours
- USB charging cable
- 3-1/2"W x 9"H x 3-1/2"D
- weight: 3.5 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # VG3
What's in the box:
- Bluetooth portable speaker
- Rechargeable battery pack
- 3' microUSB-to-USB cable
- 3' Stereo minijack cable
- Drawstring pouch
- User Manual
More details on the Soundcast VG3
Built-in Bluetooth 4.2: The Soundcast VG3 features built-in Bluetooth 4.2 with support for wireless audio streaming (A2DP) and control (AVRCP), plus hands-free communication (HFP/HSP). You can pair up to 8 Bluetooth source devices to the VG3, but only one device can be connected at a time for wireless music playback and hands-free speakerphone.
- Wireless Audio Streaming (w/ aptX): You can wirelessly stream stored music, music apps, and other content on your Bluetooth enabled smartphone (including iPhone & Android), tablet (including iPad & Android), laptop (including Windows & Mac), or desktop computer (including Windows & Mac) to the Soundcast VG3 speaker. In addition to supporting Bluetooth's standard SBC codec, the VG3 lets you enjoy high-quality Qualcomm aptX (compatible with most Androids) & AAC (compatible with iPhone) audio codecs, so you can enjoy the highest quality sound that is rich and crystal clear. You'll also be able to control basic playback functions, such as Volume Up/Down and Play/Pause from the VG3 speaker.
- Hands-Free Speakerphone: Thanks to a built-in microphone and controls, you can use the VG3 as a Bluetooth hands-free speakerphone for your smartphone (including iPhone & Android). You can answer and end calls from the VG3 speaker (more advanced phone functions will still need to be done from your smartphone). The built-in mic carries on your side of the conversation, while the other party is heard through the VG3 speaker.
- SSP & NFC: The VG3 supports SSP (Simple Secure Pairing) & NFC (Near Field Communication) to wirelessly connect your devices. Simple Secure Pairing allows you to wirelessly pair most Bluetooth device without having to enter a pin-code. Near Field Communication allows you to wirelessly pair Android OS 4.0+ and other devices that support NFC by simply touching the device to the VG3 speaker.
Aux Input: In addition to wireless Bluetooth connectivity, the Soundcast VG3 is outfitted with a 3.5mm aux input for connecting a portable audio player with an analog or headphone output. The VG3 will automatically switch over to the Aux source when an audio device is plugged into the 3.5mm input. The Aux input is protected by a rubber cover.
Stereo 360º Sound: The Soundcast VG3 is equipped with two 1.5" full-range drivers and one 3" long-throw woofer powered by a 24-bit DSP controlled Class-D amplifier for clean, clear stereo sound at any volume level. Each driver receives 10 watts of power.
- Dual 1.5" Full-Range Drivers: The two 1.5" full-range drivers are configured in a stereo 360º array for immersive sound. Each full-range driver features an aluminum cone, butyl rubber surround, and a high SPL Neodymium motor design.
- 3" Long-Throw Woofer: The one 3" long-throw, down-firing woofer features a high-performance IMPP (Injected Molded Polypropylene) cone with butyl rubber surround for surprising bass from a compact speaker. The woofer's efficient BL ferrite motor design provides increased battery life.
True Wireless Stereo (TWS): True Wireless Stereo (TWS) lets you sync two Soundcast VG3 speakers together over Bluetooth for dedicated left and right stereo playback.
Weather Resistant: The Soundcast VG3 Bluetooth speaker features a weather resistant enclosure. Its rugged design lets you take it almost anywhere - camping, pool-side, on the beach, or in the backyard.
Simple Control: The Soundcast VG3 features a capacitive touch interface to power the speaker on/off, adjust the volume, and control basic playback function. A fuel-gauge LED array shows power, battery and volume. Both are found on the top of the speaker.
Rechargeable Battery Pack: The included rechargeable lithium-ion battery pack (5700mAh) provides up to 15 hours of playback (varies by volume level). The included battery pack can be recharged by plugging the supplied microUSB-to-USB cable into the microUSB port of the VG3 and a USB/AC power adapter (sold separately). The microUSB port is protected by a rubber cover. A full charge takes about 5 hours. A LED indicator will light red when charging and will turn orange when fully charged. When low on power, the LED indicator will blink red.
Note: The lithium-ion battery will need to be installed and then charged prior to use. You'll need to remove four screws from the bottom of the speaker to access the battery compartment. The lithium-ion battery will install here and plug into the 6-pin connector. Once the battery is connected, you will need to reinstall the screws and battery compartment lid.
1/4" Threaded Insert: There is a 1/4" threaded insert on the bottom of the VG3 that allows you to mount the speaker to a tripod.