About the Soundcast VGtx
Can I use my Bluetooth headphones to hear the TV? Yes!
Can I use my Bluetooth headphones to hear the TV? Yes!
Every day, we hear from customers who want to use their wireless headphones to listen to their TV. The Soundcast VGtx transmitter may be your solution. It connects to your TV or sound system and sends audio signals wirelessly to a pair of Bluetooth headphones. This is a handy life hack for those who have trouble hearing dialogue or want to binge-watch shows at night without waking everyone up.
Extended wireless range and low latency
We've offered Bluetooth transmitters in the past, and while they got the job done, they had their limitations. What sets the VGtx apart is the improved Bluetooth chipset and larger antenna. You get a much faster, stronger signal with up to 150 feet of wireless range to move around in.
This transmitter also includes aptX™ Low Latency, a wireless technology that keeps the audio and video in better sync. With compatible Bluetooth headphones, it helps minimize the "dubbed movie" effect — when a character's speech doesn't match the movement of their mouth. (Just keep in mind the wired connection to your TV can also cause sync issues, but most televisions have settings and adjustments for you to correct them.)
How to connect to your TV
It only takes one cable to connect this transmitter to your TV or audio system. Soundcast includes both a 3.5mm stereo mini cable and an optical digital audio cable. Other than that, you just plug the VGtx into an AC outlet. LED lights on the front show you which audio connection you're using and when your Bluetooth headphones are paired.
Cool "pass-through" feature lets others hear the TV
Another question we frequently get about TV headphones is "what if others want to hear the TV while I'm watching?" If you have a separate sound bar or receiver, this transmitter will let your family or friends do just that. An optical digital output passes audio to your sound system, so you can hear a show through your Bluetooth 'phones, and everyone else will still hear it through the sound bar or speakers. (You will need another optical digital cable for that.)
- sends audio wirelessly from a TV or stereo to Bluetooth-compatible headphones or speakers
- powerful Bluetooth 4.2 wireless transmission
- wireless range: 150 feet
- aptX Low Latency decoding helps sync audio and video on compatible headphones
- aptX decoding provides high-quality audio streaming
- multi-colored indicator lights for inputs and Bluetooth pairing
- connects to TV via one of its included cables:
- 39" optical digital audio cable
- 72" stereo mini-to-mini 3.5mm analog audio cable
- optical digital output for audio pass-through to a separate speaker or sound bar
- allows others in the room to hear the TV through your speaker or sound bar
- AC power adapter included
- 4"W x 3/4"H x 2"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # VG-TX
What's in the box:
- Bluetooth transmitter
- USB-AC power adapter
- 4 AC adapter plugs (US/UK/EU/AU)
- 38" MicroUSB-to-USB power cable
- 39" Optical digital cable
- 6' Stereo minijack cable
- 2 Brackets
- 2 Screws
- User Manual
See the difference between "Open Box" and "Scratch & Dent" Outlet items
Soundcast VGtx reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Soundcast VGtx
Bluetooth 4.2 Transmitter w/ aptX: The Soundcast VGtx is a long-range wireless stereo transmitter featuring Bluetooth 4.2 and the aptX Low Latency codec. Use it to add wireless streaming technology to your existing television or stereo equipment, or use it in place of your current transmitting device to extend your wireless range (up to 150') and add aptX (low latency).
Bluetooth Compatibility: The Soundcast VGtx transmits high quality stereo audio to any Bluetooth A2DP profile wireless receiving device; including all Bluetooth enabled headphones or speakers and Bluetooth adapters. It has a wireless range of approximately 150' (compared to typical 33').
Bluetooth Codec Support: The Soundcast VGtx provides support for three common Bluetooth codecs - SBC, aptX, and aptX Low Latency.
|Supported Codec||Audio Lag (approximate)|
|aptX Low Latency||38ms +/- 5ms|
|aptX||70ms +/- 10ms|
|SBC||220ms +/- 50ms|
Note: To pair using a given codec, both the VGtx and the paired receiving device must support the codec. All Bluetooth audio devices commonly support the SBC codec. Unless device specific documentation indicates otherwise; it is likely the VGtx will pair with your receiving device using the SBC codec.
Simple Secure Pairing (SSP): The Soundcast VGtx supports Simple Secure Pairing (SSP). The VGtx can only be paired to a single receiving device. Once a receiving device has been paired, it will automatically reconnect with that device when it is in range (approximately 150').
Analog & Digital Inputs: The Soundcast VGtx is equipped with analog & digital inputs to connect your TV or stereo system. There is a stereo analog minijack (3.5mm) input and a optical (toslink) digital input which is connected to the appropriate audio outputs on your TV.
- 3.5mm Analog Input: The 3.5mm analog input of the VGtx connects to the analog output of your TV (minijack-to-RCA adapter may be required - sold separately). Some TVs allow you to select between a Fixed or Variable analog output signal. A Fixed signal requires that the volume level be controlled from your Bluetooth receiving device (headphones or speakers). A Variable signal allows you to use both the TV and your Bluetooth receiving device to adjust the volume level.
- Optical Digital Input: The optical (toslink) digital input of the VGtx connects to the optical output of your TV. The optical digital input only supports 2ch PCM audio signals (not compatible with Dolby Digital or DTS). The optical output on TV's is fixed, so you will use your Bluetooth receiving device (headphones or speakers) to change volume level.
Notes: Most televisions make you select what type of audio signal you will be using - Analog, Digital, or the TV speakers. As a result, in most cases your TV's speakers will be deactivated when using the Soundcast VGtx.
Digital Pass-Through: The Soundcast VGtx is also equipped with an optical (toslink) digital output with a "pass-through" circuit, allowing you to listen to your optically connected soundbar and Bluetooth connected headphones at the same time. Since most TVs only provide one optical (toslink) digital output, the "pass-through" circuit allows you to connect your TV to the input of the VGtx and your soundbar to the VGtx's output. The "pass-through" circuit supports both 2ch PCM and Dolby Digital/DTS audio streams.
Note: The analog input is not supported by the unit's digital pass-through.
Power Requirements: The Soundcast VGtx can be operated using any USB-A port (like on your TV or computer), or the included 5V/500mA USB/AC power supply. Any USB charger that is rated at an output of 5V/500mA or higher is compatible and may be used with the VGtx. The VGtx will automatically turn on when USB power is applied, and can be turned off or back on again by pressing the multi-function button for 1 second.
Mounting Options: The Soundcast VGtx features four integrated rubber feet which allow for placement on a table-top, desk, or stand. The VGtx can also be mounted behind a TV and fastened to a hard surface (wall-mount or wall-stud) utilizing the including mounting brackets. The VGtx must be mounted with the front of the unit facing up to ensure a long-life expectancy.
21 questions already asked