About the Furman Elite-15 PFi
Protect your gear the way the pros do
The 12 rear-panel AC outlets are divided into 3 isolated banks, which helps prevent noise created by one component from affecting your other gear.
Protect your gear the way the pros do
Furman builds some of the most rugged and robust power protection gear around. The Elite-15 PFi is an impressive introduction to Furman's exclusive technologies for maximizing the protection and performance of your audio and video components. Many of these technologies were originally developed to meet the extreme AC power demands of professional recording, film, and broadcast studios.
Continuous power monitoring plus bulletproof surge suppression
Power surges can be quick, or sustained — both types can seriously damage unprotected components. The Elite-15 PFi constantly monitors the incoming AC, and if voltage reaches 15% above normal, it automatically shuts off power to all connected equipment. In the case of a sudden voltage spike, many surge suppressors are designed to "take a bullet" and sacrifice internal parts to save your gear. It's a noble effort, but it leaves your system out of commission while you send the suppressor back to the factory for repair or replacement. Furman's suppressor circuitry can withstand multiple high-voltage spikes and keep on protecting your gear.
Power Factor Technology: Like a turbocharger for your amp or receiver
Wide-open dynamics are essential for truly exciting sound. To cleanly reproduce instantaneous peaks or "transients," from a cymbal crash to a car crash, an amplifier needs lots of high-current power. During these moments, amplifiers — including those in receivers and powered subwoofers — may require more current than is available from your home's AC line. Solution? Plug your amplifiers into the Elite-15 PFi's high-current outlets. Furman's unique Power Factor Technology creates a "current reservoir" capable of delivering over 45 amps of peak current. Your amplifier gets the current it needs when it needs it most.
See and hear the signal, not the noise
The Elite-15 PFi's wide-bandwidth noise filtration reduces the AC line noise that can mask low-level audio and video details. The result is noticeably improved picture and sound quality. Twelve AC outlets on the back panel are divided into three isolated banks, which helps prevent noise created by one component from affecting the power going to your other plugged-in equipment. These outlets have hospital-grade connectors that grip your gear's AC plugs snugly and securely.
- 13 AC outlets with three isolated banks:
- one bank of 4 outlets (2 unswitched, 2 switched)
- one bank of 4 outlets with additional ultrasonic filtering for digital or video components (2 unswitched, 2 switched)
- one bank of 4 high-current outlets with Power Factor Correction peak current charging (2 unswitched, 2 switched with delayed turn-on)
- one unswitched front-panel convenience outlet
- rear-panel AC outlets use hospital-grade connectors to grip plugs firmly
- Series Multi-Stage Protection surge suppression system can withstand multiple catastrophic voltage spikes
- Extreme Voltage Shutdown circuitry monitors incoming AC and automatically cuts off power to connected equipment if overvoltage is detected
- Power Factor Technology "current reservoir" for amplifiers, receivers, and subwoofers (over 45 amps peak charge)
- wide-bandwidth EMI/RFI noise filtering for clearer sound and picture
- 3 sets of coaxial RF connections for cable TV, satellite, and antenna
- RJ-11 phone line input and output
- 12-volt trigger input with bypass button
- maximum current rating: 15 amps
- 2 retractable front-panel LED lamps to illuminate an equipment rack or cabinet
- 17"W x 4-1/8"H x 17-1/2"D
- weight: 15 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ELITE15PF
What's in the box:
- Power Conditioner
- 7' AC power cord
- 2 Piece power cord bracket
- 2 Machine screws
- 2 Rack mount brackets
- 6 Rack mount machine screws
- 6 Flat washers
- 6 Spacers
- Owner's guide (English/ French/ Spanish)
- Warranty registration card
Furman Elite-15 PFi reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Furman Elite-15 PFi
Features & specs
|Total AC Outlets||13|
|Powerline Network Compatible||No|
|Connected Equipment Guarantee||$500 deductible|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
Power Factor Technology: Although it's rare for amplifiers to draw more than 4 Amps continuously, for superior performance it is vital that an amplifier's AC filter have low impedance and the capability to accommodate peak current demands far in excess of the RMS (continuous) current rating. The Elite-15 PFi's transient Power Factor Technology circuitry effectively creates a current reserve in excess of 45 amps (peak) that is cleaner and faster than a dedicated line from your local power station, benefiting any connected amplifiers' performance.
EMI and RFI Filtration: EMI and RFI noise entering your A/V system through the AC power line couples to the components and masks low level signals, compromising performance. This low level content is critical because it relays the harmonics and ambience in audio, and the depth and clarity in video. Furman's exclusive Linear Filtering Technology dramatically reduces noise, ensuring consistent peak operation regardless of load conditions or the time of day.
Series Multi-Stage Protection (SMP): SMP is maintenance-free surge suppression, offering AC protection without sacrificing itself in the event of a catastrophic surge. The SMP circuit senses voltages so high that operation is impossible and turns the power off before damage can occur; if the voltage exceeds 140 volts or falls below 85 volts, power is removed from all the outlets and the Extreme Voltage LED lights. The circuit will attempt to re-set automatically within 5 seconds, so manual re-set will only be necessary if there is a permanent wiring fault.
13 AC Outlets: The Furman Elite-15 PFi features one front-panel unswitched AC outlet and 12 rear-panel outlets. The outlets include:
- Video Bank: The video bank has four 3-prong outlets, two switched and two unswitched (always on). In addition to the linear filter, an ultrasonic filter specifically benefits video components (DVR, DVD player, projector, Plasma and LCD TVs, etc).
- Audio/Video Bank: The audio/video bank has four 3-prong outlets, two switched and two unswitched. EMI and RFI noise is removed by the linear filter.
- Amplifier Bank: The amplifier bank has four 3-prong outlets, two switched and two unswitched. This bank offers Power Factor Technology with a low impedance filter and current reserve in excess of 45 amps (peak) to accommodate amplifier demands.
- Front Panel Outlet: The Elite-15 PFi features a convenient unswitched 3-prong AC outlet on the front-panel. EMI and RFI noise is removed by the linear filter.
Front Panel Lamps: The Elite-15 PFi features two retractable front panel LED lamps, offering an easy way to see the equipment below it, even when your theater lights are off.
12V Trigger: The six rear-panel switched outlets are engaged using the 12 volt trigger input, a 3.5mm mono mini-jack. The two switched outlets in the amplifier bank are delayed five seconds before turning on to avoid any potentially damaging speaker thump. Additional components can be triggered to turn on using the 12 volt output jack, also a 3.5mm mono mini-jack. If you'd rather not utilize the 12V trigger circuit, a bypass switch is located adjacent to the input and output jacks. By depressing this button, all outlets will operate when the front panel power switch is engaged.
Transient Voltage Surge Protection: The Elite-15 PFi features transient voltage surge suppression for standard telephone lines, coaxial cable TV lines, and coaxial satellite lines. There is one pair of phone input/output jacks and three pair of coaxial input/output jacks to protect your incoming phone, cable, and satellite lines. The coax jacks pass Both DC carrier signals and high bandwidth signals with an insertion loss of less than 0.1 dB. All the in-line surge suppressors feature Furman's exclusive Zero Ground Contamination technology; this aids in eliminating audio buzzing and the video hum bars that can result from typical in-line suppressors.
Rack Mount: Brackets are included to rack mount the Elite-15 PFi.
- Power: master power switch; turns all unswitched outlets on/off
- Dimmer: rotary knob; adjusts brightness of the LED lamps
- Extreme Voltage Indicator: lights to indicate the incoming voltage is too high or too low and all the outlets have been disconnected
- Power LED: a blue LED bar in the center illuminates when the master power switch is on and voltage is applied to the unswitched outlets
- Remote LED: illuminates to indicate the 12 volt input trigger has turned on the switched outlets
- Bypass: the bypass switch overrides the 12 volt remote trigger, turning on the switched outlets with the master power switch
- AC Outlet: front panel convenience outlet; unswitched (always on)
- Video Outlets: four linear filtered and ultrasonic filtered outlets; 2 switched, 2 unswitched
- Audio/Video Outlets: four linear filtered outlets; 2 switched, 2 unswitched
- Amplifier Outlets: four Power Factor Technology outlets with a low impedance filter; 2 unswitched, 2 switched with a five second power on delay
- 12 Volt Trigger Input: 3.5mm mini-plug; connects to a remote trigger device that uses a DC output to trigger startup
- 12 Volt Trigger Output: 3.5mm mini-plug; connects to a remote component that uses a DC input to trigger startup
- Phone Jacks: input and output for standard telephone line
- Coaxial Jacks: 3 pair of threaded F-type coax terminals
- Line Voltage: 120VAC, 60Hz
- Current Capacity:
- Input: 15 amps
- Output: 11-15 amps RMS (continuous, all outlets combined)
- Linear Noise Attenuation: Transverse
(Differential) mode (from 0.05 to 100 ohm line impedance)
- 10 kHz - 100 kHz: >40 dB
- 100 kHz - 1 GHz: >80 dB
- Power Consumption: 12 watts for display and control circuits (plus actual load)
- Over-voltage Shutoff Threshold: 140 volts AC
- Under-voltage Shutoff Threshold: 85 volts AC
- Weight: 15 pounds
Connected Equipment: Furman Sound's Connected Equipment Warranty covers equipment that is damaged by a transient voltage while properly connected through the Furman Elite-15 PFi to a properly wired AC power line with a protective ground in an indoor location. Furman's Connected Equipment Warranty is limited to the amount of the deductible on the Purchaser's personal property insurance policy, up to $500.00. The Connected Equipment Warranty is in effect for a period of three years.
The Furman Elite-15 PFi replaces these items
- 4 AC outlets in 2 isolated banks
- AC power filtering
- 11 AC outlets with three isolated filter banks to prevent noise contamination between components
- 4 coaxial RF, 1 phone, and 1 Ethernet input/output
- front-panel digital voltmeter with "unsafe voltage" indicators
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
2 questions already asked