About the Furman IT-Reference 15i
Serious power protection for serious home theater gear
The IT-Reference 15i has a total of 11 AC outlets. A built-in "isolation transformer" feeds noise-free regenerated power to two of the rear-panel outlets.
Serious power protection for serious home theater gear
The IT-Reference 15i thoroughly cleans and conditions the AC power that is the lifeblood of every audio/video component. Furman employs exclusive technologies originally developed to meet the extreme AC power demands of professional recording, film, and broadcast studios. Their top-performing Reference-series conditioners offer exceptionally rugged build quality backed up by a 5-year warranty. And they're good-looking, to boot.
An isolation transformer regenerates pristine AC power for your most sensitive gear
All electronic components operate best with a steady supply of clean AC power, and high-definition video equipment like Blu-ray players, flat-panel TVs, and projectors are notoriously finicky. The IT-Reference 15i addresses this issue with a built-in "isolation transformer" that feeds noise-free regenerated power to two of the rear-panel outlets. That puts a stop to noise-inducing ground loops, and power supply backwash between connected components. You'll see noticeably improved picture detail and deeper black levels.
Power Factor Technology: Like a turbocharger for your amplifiers
Truly exciting sound requires wide-open dynamics. To reproduce instantaneous sonic peaks or "transients" cleanly, like a car crash or a cymbal crash, an amplifier needs lots of high-current power. During these moments, amplifiers — including those in receivers and powered subwoofers — may require more current than is available from your home's AC line. Solution? Plug your amplifier into one of the IT-Reference 15i's high-current outlets. Furman's unique Power Factor Technology creates a "current reservoir" capable of delivering over 55 amps of peak current. Your amplifier gets the current it needs when it needs it most.
Continuous power monitoring, protection for every pathway
The IT-Reference 15i constantly monitors incoming AC, and if an overvoltage condition is detected, power is automatically shut off to all connected equipment. And Furman's rugged surge suppressor circuitry can withstand multiple catastrophic high-voltage spikes and keep right on protecting your system. Three sets of coaxial inputs and outputs protect your satellite, cable TV and antenna connections. And one pair of protected jacks prevents spikes from sneaking in through your phone line.
- 11 AC outlets with three isolated banks:
- one bank of 2 Discrete Symmetrically Balanced Power outlets for sensitive video components (unswitched)
- one bank of 4 outlets (unswitched)
- one bank of 4 high-current outlets with Power Factor Correction peak current charging (unswitched)
- one unswitched front-panel convenience outlet
- Series Multi-Stage Protection surge suppression system can withstand multiple catastrophic voltage spikes
- Extreme Voltage Shutdown circuitry monitors incoming AC and automatically cuts off power to connected equipment if overvoltage is detected
- Power Factor Technology "current reservoir" for amplifiers, receivers, and subwoofers (over 55 amps peak charge)
- wide-bandwidth EMI/RFI noise filtering for clearer sound and picture
- 3 sets of coaxial RF connections for cable TV, satellite, and antenna
- RJ-11 phone line input and output (module is detachable)
- maximum current rating: 15 amps
- 17"W x 4-1/8"H x 18-3/8"D
- weight: 50 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # iTREF15i
What's in the box:
- Power Conditioner
- 7' AC power cord
- 2 Piece power cord bracket
- 2 Machine screws
- 2 Rack mount brackets
- 6 Rack mount machine screws (each with star lock washer attached)
- Owner's guide (English/ French)
- Warranty registration card
Furman IT-Reference 15i reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Furman IT-Reference 15i
Features & specs
|Total AC Outlets||11|
|Powerline Network Compatible||No|
|Connected Equipment Guarantee||$500 deductible|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Power Factor Technology: Although it's rare for amplifiers to draw more than 4 Amps continuously, for superior performance it is vital that an amplifier's AC filter have low impedance and the capability to accommodate peak current demands far in excess of the RMS (continuous) current rating. The IT-Reference 15i's Power Factor Technology circuitry effectively creates a current reserve in excess of 55 amps (peak) that is cleaner and faster than a dedicated line from your local power station, benefiting any connected amplifiers' performance.
Discrete Symmetrical Power: The IT-Reference 15i's two Discrete Symmetrical Power Outlets should be used for critical video components such as BD/DVD players, projectors, plasma or LCD TVs. Discrete Symmetrical Power features total isolation between the filtered-high current outlets and the isolated symmetrical power AC outlets. Differential AC noise (such as electromagnetic and radio frequency interference) can be effectively reduced with a low-pass filter, common mode AC noise (the cause of ground loops and video hum bars) requires a more advanced solution. Effectively reducing common mode noise requires the use of an isolation transformer, the most effective of which is a symmetrically balanced isolation transformer. Furman's Discrete Symmetrically Balanced Power is achieved by routing the incoming AC into a 1:1 isolation transformer with a precisely placed center tap on the transformer's secondary. The incoming voltage (120V on the line terminal and 0V on the neutral and ground) is split into perfect halves on the transformer's output. The AC line now has 60V on the line and 60V on the neutral when referenced to the new center-tapped ground, which remains at 0V AC. What is significant about this is that the two 60V AC terminals are now in opposite polarity, completely canceling all common mode noise from the incoming AC line. This noise reduction is efficient and linear across a huge frequency range, and the result is perfectly clean power devoid of ground loops and AC hum noise, supplying your sensitive video equipment power without AC ground contamination from an audio processor or power amplifier.
EMI and RFI Filtration: EMI and RFI noise entering your A/V system through the AC power line couples to the components and masks low level signals, compromising performance. This low level content is critical because it relays the harmonics and ambience in audio, and the depth and clarity in video. Furman's exclusive Linear Filtering Technology and Discrete Symmetrical Power dramatically reduce noise, ensuring consistent peak operation regardless of load conditions or the time of day.
Series Multi-Stage Protection (SMP): SMP is maintenance-free surge suppression, offering AC protection without sacrificing itself in the event of a catastrophic surge. The SMP circuit senses voltages so high that operation is impossible and turns the power off before damage can occur; if the voltage exceeds 140 volts power is removed from all the outlets and the Extreme Voltage LED lights.
EVS: The Extreme Voltage Shutdown (EVS) circuitry constantly monitors the line voltage for unsafe over-voltage conditions. When an extreme voltage is recognized all 11 outlets are automatically disconnected to protect your equipment. Once the line voltage returns to normal the outlets are reconnected.
11 AC Outlets: The Furman IT-Reference 15i features one front-panel outlet and 10 rear-panel outlets:
- Discrete Symmetrical Power Bank: two GFCI protected outlets, designed for video components (DVR, BD/DVD player, projector, Plasma and LCD TVs, etc)
- Linear Filtered Bank: four outlets, EMI and RFI noise is removed by the linear filter.
- High Current Bank: four outlets, designed for amplifiers, receivers, and powered subwoofers; offers Power Factor Technology with a low impedance filter and current reserve in excess of 55 amps (peak) to accommodate amplifier demands
- Front Panel Outlet: one convenient outlet on the front-panel; EMI and RFI noise is removed by the linear filter
Transient Voltage Surge Protection: The IT-Reference 15i features transient voltage surge suppression for standard telephone lines, coaxial cable TV lines, and coaxial satellite lines. There is one pair of phone input/output jacks and three pair of coaxial input/output jacks. The coax jacks are bi-directional and pass both DC carrier signals and high bandwidth HD signals with an insertion loss of less than 0.1 dB. All the in-line surge suppressors feature Furman's exclusive Zero Ground Contamination technology; this aids in eliminating audio buzzing and the video hum bars that can result from typical in-line suppressors.
Rack Mount: Brackets are included to rack mount the IT-Reference 15i.
- Power: power switch; turns all outlets on/off
- Power LED: a blue LED bar in the center illuminates when the master power switch is on and voltage is applied to the outlets
- Extreme Voltage LED: illuminates to indicate the incoming voltage is too high and all the outlets have been disconnected
- AC Outlet: front panel convenience outlet
- Discrete Symmetrical Outlets: two 3-prong outlets
- Linear Filtered Outlets: four 3-prong outlets
- High Current Bank: four 3-prong outlets
- Phone Jacks: input and output for standard telephone line
- Coaxial Jacks: 3 pair of threaded F-type coax input and output terminals
- Current Capacity:
- Input: 15 amps
- Output: 11-15 amps RMS (continuous, all outlets combined)
- Linear Noise Attenuation:
- Transverse (Differential) Mode:
from 0.05 to 100 ohm line impedance
- 4 kHz - 100 kHz: >40 dB
- 100 kHz - 1 GHz: >80 dB
- Common Mode:
- 4 kHz - 100 kHz: >40 dB
- 100 kHz - 1 GHz: >80 dB
- Transverse (Differential) Mode: from 0.05 to 100 ohm line impedance
- Power Consumption: 8.5 watts for display and control circuits (plus actual load)
- Over-voltage Shutoff Threshold: 140 volts AC (+/-3 volts)
- Weight: 50 pounds
Connected Equipment: Furman Sound's Connected Equipment Warranty covers equipment that is damaged by a transient voltage while properly connected through the Furman IT-Reference 15i to a properly wired AC power line with a protective ground in an indoor location. Furman's Connected Equipment Warranty is limited to the amount of the deductible on the Purchaser's personal property insurance policy, up to $500.00. The Connected Equipment Warranty is in effect for a period of five years.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?