About the Furman M-8Lx
No more fumbling in the dark
No more fumbling in the dark
Three of the AC outlets are widely spaced to accommodate bulky power transformers.
The M-8Lx adds a great practical touch to Furman's tried-and-true power protection: two slide-out swiveling light fixtures. With the M-8Lx in your rack these lights provide discreet, directed illumination when you're working in low light, with a dimmer knob that lets you adjust the lamps to just the right brightness.
Clean, dependable power = peace of mind
Let's face it: Bars, clubs and other event venues have some of the most inconsistent and glitch-prone power out there. With so many lights and appliances pulling current loads up and down, the fluctuating AC power coming from the wall can strain the circuits in your equipment. A single big power spike might even take out some of your more delicate electronics. So, don't put your trust in wall AC, or the false security of a $5 power strip. All nine of the M-8Lx's AC outlets feature Furman's legendary protection circuitry, which defends your gear from the spikes and surges that are as common as they are unexpected.
As a bonus, the M-8Lx includes Furman's effective RFI/EMI filtration, which can deliver quieter audio without the buzz and crackle that often comes along for the ride with unfiltered power sources.
- 9 AC outlets 8 rear, 1 front
- rear panel has 5 standard-spaced outlets and 3 widely spaced outlets to accommodate bulky AC power transformers
- single switched convenience AC outlet on the front panel
- spike and surge suppression protects your gear
- EMI/RFI noise filtering for clearer sound
- maximum current rating: 15 amps
- 2 retractable front-panel incandescent lamps with dimmer control for convenient rack illumination
- 6-foot 14-gauge heavy-duty power cable
- 19"W x 1-3/4"H x 7-1/2"D (1U rack space)
- weight: 5.5 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # M-8LX
What's in the box:
- Rack-mounted power conditioner with attached 66" power cord (3-prong plug)
- Owner's Manual
More details on the Furman M-8Lx
Features & specs
|Total AC Outlets||9|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
Overview: The Furman Merit X Series M-8Lx is rack-mountable power conditioner, designed for use by audio/video professionals, contractors, broadcasters, musicians, and home owners. It has 8 high-quality AC outlets on the rear panel, plus a front panel convenience outlet. The unit is rack-mountable, and takes up 1U of rack space. The M-8Lx features two pull-out, front panel lights, a flexible 6.5' power cord with three 14-gauge conductors and a NEMA 5-15P 3-prong plug.
Applications: The M-8Lx is recommended for professional audio and video applications, and can be installed in permanent or portable rack systems. It can also be used in rack-mounted home A/V systems.
Rear Panel AC Outlets: The M-8Lx has a total of eight 3-pronged outlets on the rear panel. Using the front panel rocker switch, all of the outlets are turned on at once. Three of the outlets are spaced 2-1/2" apart to accommodate bulky AC adapters ("wall warts"). The other 5 outlets are spaced 1-1/4" apart.
Convenience Outlet: On the front panel, a single 3-pronged convenience outlet is provided for powering devices that are not considered to be "permanently" installed. This allows you to charge your mobile phone or tablet without having to plug it into a rear outlet. The front panel outlet is switched on/off with the other outlets.
Surge Suppression: The M8-Dx provides excellent surge suppression for your connected equipment, with a 150 Joule rating (energy dissipation).
Noise Filtering: The unit provides AC noise filtering to reduce radio frequency (RFI) and electromagnetic interference (EMI). By reducing the noise floor caused by dirty AC power coming into your sound and video equipment, you will get better performance without lines, pops, crackles, hum, or radio station signals coming out of your equipment.
Circuit Breaker: The M-8Lx has a resettable 15 Amp thermal circuit breaker on the front panel. If the breaker encounters an excessive load, it will "trip" to protect the connected components. After resetting the circuit breaker, you should reduce the load before turning the unit on.
Retractable Rack Lights: Two retractable front panel light tubes are provided for illuminating other equipment in your rack. A dimmer knob controls the brightness of both lights. The light tubes can be pulled out approximately 2-3/4" (total protrusion 3-1/2" from the front panel) and rotated about 1/4 turn. When not in use, the light tubes retract to approximately 3/4", and an internal switch turns them off to maximize the bulb life.
- Maximum Output Current: 15 Amps
- Operating Voltage: 120 VAC
- Maximum Continuous Operating Voltage: 130 Volts RMS
- Standard Level AC Surge Protection: Merit Class
- Spike Protection Mode: Line to neutral
- Energy Dissipation: 170 joules
- Peak Impulse Current: 12,000 Amps
- Let Through Voltage (@125 amps, 8/20μS waveform): 400 volts
- Noise Attenuation: Transverse mode: >26dB, 200 kHz to 10MHz
- Dimensions: 19" W x 1.731" H x 8.8" D
- Weight: 6 pounds
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?