About the Furman PL-8 C
Power you can trust
Power you can trust
Two isolated outlet banks minimize inter-component interference and noise contamination. The three outlets on the left are widely spaced to accommodate wall-wart transformers.
The PL-8 C is part of Furman's Classic Series, which puts superior protection and outstanding performance in a sturdy, rack-mountable design.
You can count on Furman to maximize both the protection and the sonic performance of your system. Their exclusive technologies were originally developed to meet the extreme AC power demands of pro recording, film, and broadcast studios.
Continuous power monitoring and protection
Power spikes and surges can definitely do a number on audio equipment — happens every day. The PL-8 C can make sure it doesn't happen to you. It constantly monitors incoming AC, and if it detects a significant overvoltage condition, it automatically shuts off power to all connected equipment. In the case of a sudden voltage spike, many surge suppressors are designed to "take a bullet" and sacrifice internal parts to save your gear. It's a noble effort, but it leaves your system out of commission while you send the suppressor back to the factory for repair or replacement. With Furman's Series Multi-Stage Protection Plus system (SMP), damaging transient voltages are safely absorbed, clamped and dissipated — no sacrificed parts, no service calls, and no down time.
In addition to high-voltage spikes from unforeseen events like like lightning strikes, Furman's overvoltage circuitry will protect against accidental connections to 208 or 240VAC by shutting off the incoming power until the overvoltage condition is corrected.
Hear the signal, not the noise
The PL-8 C also features Furman's wide-bandwidth filtration, which reduces the AC line noise that can muddy your mixes. The eight AC outlets on the back panel are divided into two banks to minimize inter-component interference. The three outlets on the left are widely spaced to accommodate wall-wart transformers.
- 9 AC outlets 8 rear, 1 front
- one isolated bank of 5 outlets
- one isolated bank of 3 widely spaced outlets to accommodate bulky AC power transformers (wall warts)
- single switched convenience AC outlet on the front panel
- Series Multi-Stage Protection (SMP) surge suppression system can withstand multiple catastrophic voltage spikes and keep protecting your gear
- Extreme Voltage Shutdown circuitry monitors incoming AC and automatically cuts off power to connected equipment if overvoltage is detected
- wide-bandwidth EMI/RFI noise filtering for clearer sound
- zero ground contamination circuitry ensures delivery of pure AC
- maximum current rating: 15 amps
- 2 retractable front-panel LED lamps to illuminate an equipment rack or cabinet
- BNC connector on the rear panel allows connection of any standard gooseneck lamp
- 10-foot 14-gauge heavy-duty power cable
- 19"W x 1-3/4"H x 10-1/2"D (1U rack space)
- weight: 11 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PL-8C
What's in the box:
- Rack-mountable (1U rack space) 9-outlet component style surge protector/power conditioner with attached 10' power cord (3-prong plug)
- Owner's Manual
Furman PL-8 C reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Furman PL-8 C
Features & specs
|Total AC Outlets||9|
|Joule Rating||Not given|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Overview: The Furman Classic Series PL-8 C is rack-mountable power conditioner, designed for use by audio/video professionals, contractors, broadcasters, and musicians. It has 8 high-quality AC outlets on the rear panel, plus a front panel convenience outlet, all controlled by a single switch. It is equipped with rack ears, and takes up 1U of rack space. The PL-8 C has a flexible, 10' power cord with three 14-gauge conductors and a NEMA 15 plug.
Applications: The PL-8 C is recommended for professional audio and video applications, and can be installed in permanent or portable rack systems. They can be used to protect your mixing boards, amps, preamps, and effects generators from power spikes and surges when you go on the road. In the recording studio, the RFI/EMI filtering can give you cleaner recordings by removing noise cause by dirty AC power. In addition, the front panel lights can also help you see the controls on your equipment when you're working in a darkened night club, bar, or other venue.
AC Outlets: The PL-8 C has eight 3-pronged outlets on the rear panel, divided into two isolated banks to minimize inter-component interference and noise contamination. The three outlets in Bank 1 are widely spaced to accommodate bulky AC power transformers ("wall warts"). Bank 2 has five outlets spaced narrowly apart to accommodate standard-sized AC plugs. There is a single 3-pronged outlet on the front panel, providing a convenient place to temporarily plug in a device, when needed.
SMP (Series Multi-stage Protection): Furman's exclusive SMP technology provides the highest level of surge and spike protection available.
EVS (Extreme Voltage Shutdown): The PL-8C will shut itself off when it detects dangerous voltage irregularities, protecting the connected equipment from unsafe conditions.
LiFT (Linear Filtering Technology): The PL-8 C filters the incoming AC power to insure your equipment is receiving clean power for optimum audio and video performance.
LED Indicators: Two front panel status LEDs indicate when the surge protection and noise filtering are working (Protection OK), and can alert you when the voltage is outside of the normal range (Extreme Voltage).
Pull-out Lights: The PL-8 C features two "smooth track" retractable LED lights that illuminate the front panels of the equipment in the rack. The round "tubes" pull out 3", rotate approximately 90 degrees, and contain three LEDs each (one white and two amber). The lights can be turned on/off or dimmed with the front panel switch.
BNC Lamp Connector: In addition to the front panel lights, a BNC connector is provided for powering a standard gooseneck lamp (not included) for rear rack illumination. It is rated for 12VAC 500mA.
- Maximum Output Current: 15 Amps
- Operating Voltage: 90 to 139 VAC
- Spike Protection Mode: Line to neutral, zero ground leakage
- Spike Clamping Voltage: 188 VAC peak @ 3000 Amps
- Response Time: 1 nanosecond
- Maximum Surge Current: 6500 Amps
- Noise Attenuation: 10dB @ 10 kHz, 40dB @ 100 kHz, 50dB @ 500 kHz
- Dimensions: 19" W x 10.5" D x 1.75" H
- Weight: 12 pounds
- Power Consumption: 12 watts
3 questions already asked