California customers: click here for your Proposition 65 warning.Please
Our take on the Furman SS-6 by Crutchfield's James Ralston
New design, same great performance
Furman's new SS-6 surge protector offers the same dependable power connections and noise filtering as their hugely popular SS-6B, but in a longer, slimmer, "strip-style" design. I'm a musician, and I personally own several of the SS-6Bs, as do many of my friends and bandmates. I could imagine this new version being just as well-suited for onstage use as the boxier SS-6B, and a little bit better-suited for use around the house since it fits easier behind furniture or an A/V cabinet.
Born to take the stage
What makes these Furmans so popular among musicians? It might seem simple, but the beefy power cord is a generous 15 feet long. That makes it easier to reach that AC outlet in the corner of the stage or studio. The heavy-duty steel construction helps, too — you don't have to worry about this one getting crushed by your amp stand or a guitar case. But probably the biggest factor is that you get reliably clean power. When I first started using an SS-6B with my personal guitar rig, I instantly noticed less hum through my amp.
Need to plug in bulky transformers? The "3x2" layout of the SS-6B may suit your setup better.
- strip-style surge protector with 6 AC outlets
- outlets are circuit-breaker-protected
- maximum current rating: 15 amps
- EMI/RFI noise attenuation
- heavy-duty metal construction
- illuminated on/off switch
- 15-foot power cord
- keyhole slots for wall-mounting
- 2-1/2"W x 14-1/2"H x 1-1/2"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Surge protector with attached 15' power cord
Why Shop With Us?12 Reasons.
Features and Specs
|Total AC Outlets||6|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Furman SS-6 Pro Plugs: The Furman SS-6 is a vertical six-outlet steel power block with standard level surge protection, EMI/RFI filtration, heavy-duty steel construction, and 15' power cord. It also has keyhole slots on the back to mount it on a wall or piece of AV furniture.
- Standard Level Surge Protection: Standard spike and surge protection UL VPR of 400V (UL Nominal)
- Standard Level Noise Filtration: Standard level RFI/EMI filtration filter of -20dB Min @ 100kHz â?" 1MHz
- Diagnostic Light: A red LED on the top of the power strip indicates that the circuit breaker has tripped and the unit has protected the connected equipment.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.