About the PSB Alpha C10
Bring dialogue to life
Bring dialogue to life
With all those dinosaurs roaring and vehicles exploding, it can be hard to hear what the actors are saying. The PSB Alpha C10 center channel speaker brings dialogue front-and-center in your surround setup, so you don't miss any important plot points.
The attractive wood-grain cabinet houses a 3/4" anodized aluminium dome tweeter with front waveguide, and dual 5-1/4" textured polypropylene woofers with rubber surrounds. This expertly designed speaker gives you the clarity and sense of space to keep you engrossed in TV shows and movies.
Part of a PSB surround sound system
Match the PSB Alpha C10 with other speakers in the Alpha line to create a powerful, immersive surround sound system:
- frequency response: 55-21,000 Hz (±3dB)
- sensitivity: 90 dB
- impedance: 8 ohms
- recommended power: 15-120 watts
- 3/4" anodized aluminum dome tweeter with front waveguide
- dual 5-1/4" textured polypropylene woofers with rubber surrounds
- bass reflex design with rear-firing port
- magnetically attached grille
- gold-plated 5-way binding posts
- 17-3/4"W x 6-3/4"H x 9-3/8"D
- weight: 17 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # Alpha C10WLNT
What's in the box:
- Center-channel loudspeaker
- 4 Self-adhesive rubber feet
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty Card
PSB Alpha C10 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the PSB Alpha C10
Features & specs
|Midrange size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer size (inches)||5-1/4|
|Connector Type||5-Way post|
|Frequency Response||55-21k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Two-Way Center-Channel Loudspeaker: The PSB Alphas Series C10 center-channel loudspeaker utilizes a black anodized aluminum dome tweeter and two 5.25" custom polypropylene woofers to deliver crystal-clear dialog and cinematic sound that will bring your movies to life.
- 0.75" Aluminum Dome Tweeter w/ Waveguide: The Alpha C10 center-channel loudspeaker utilizes a 0.75" black anodized aluminum dome tweeter that extends the high-frequency response beyond the Alpha's original measurements and minimizes distortion for a rich, balanced listening experience. A waveguide on the front of the tweeter works to perfect on and off-axis performance while smoothing the response for improved resolution and detail. Alpha Series tweeters employ ferrofluid cooling to prevent dynamic compression and a neodymium magnet for high sensitivity.
- Dual 5.25" Polypropylene Woofers w/ Rubber Surround: The Alpha Series center-channel speaker houses two 5.25" textured polypropylene woofers with rubber surround for accurate mids and bass performance. Featuring a dual layer voice coil with a very powerful magnet structure and a cone that is made from a special textured polypropylene compound the woofer is able to handle high outputs level with low distortion.
Advanced Crossover Network: The Alpha Series' new crossover wasn't custom designed to simply just direct low and high frequencies to the woofer and tweeter. It was re-engineered to control the directivity and flatten the frequency response while utilizing an unusually complex acoustic Butterworth low-pass filter that is designed to get a perfect blend between the drivers and keep distortion at its lowest even at high volumes.
Bass Reflex Cabinet Design: The Alpha C10 center-channel loudspeaker employs a bass reflex cabinet design with a rear-firing port for greater efficiency and bigger, smoother bass response. The speaker cabinet features MDF construction and has a unique combination of wall thickness and bracing to control resonances and provide a perfect platform for the driver components. The C10 cabinet's internal damping material was first used in PSB's most high-end models, and has now been adopted by the Alpha series and positioned precisely for optimum effectiveness. The cabinet is finished in a premium wood-grain vinyl with a chrome-accented front baffle and includes an acoustically-transparent magnetically attached grille.
5-Way Binding Posts: The Alpha P3 is outfitted with 5-way, gold-plated binding post speaker terminals that will accept bare wire (up to 10AWG), pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana plugs (single or dual). These gold-plated terminals ensure excellent signal transfer and resist corrosion.
Mounting Options: The PSB Alpha C10 center-channel loudspeaker is designed to mount horizontally below or above the center of your TV screen. The Alpha C10 includes self-adhesive rubber feet to safely and securely place the speaker on a tabletop, shelf, or other flat-surface. The self-adhesive feet add approximately 0.125" to the overall height of the center-channel speaker.
Note: There are no keyhole slots, threaded inserts, or brackets included to wall mount the center-channel speaker.
Alpha Series: The all-new Alpha Series has been rebuilt with enhanced custom drivers and a new crossover design that work perfectly together to deliver natural, detailed sound with precision and less distortion. PSB's Alpha Series of loudspeakers offer five models (T20 Tower, P5 Bookshelf, P3 Bookshelf, B1 Bookshelf, and C10 Center) to fit the needs of almost any audio setting. The Alpha Series of speakers offers audiophile sound quality at an affordable price; but not at the expense of appeal, style, and sound.
Note: Every PSB Alphas Series speaker is meticulously tuned and tested at Canada's national research facilities to deliver the most accurate acoustics under the most demanding of listening conditions.
Optional Powered Sub: Add a PSB SubSeries powered subwoofer (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) to the Alpha Series loudspeakers for an even more immersive listening experience with bigger bass response.