About the PSB Synchrony B600
PSB's best speakers
PSB's best speakers
The Synchrony B600 features a woven carbon-fiber woofer, titanium dome tweeter, and beautiful furniture grade finish (shown in Satin Walnut).
PSB speakers have been thrilling Crutchfield customers for years with their outstanding performance and value. The all-new Synchrony B600 and its floor-standing sibling, the T600, sit at the very top of the company's lineup. PSB has pulled out all the stops to produce their ultimate stand-mount speaker, with furniture grade cosmetics and audiophile quality sound.
Brilliant drivers and design
Newly refined driver design includes a 6-1/2" woven carbon-fiber cone woofer with a cast aluminum basket, mass-loaded rubber surround, and advanced motor structure. The 1" titanium dome tweeter features ferrofluid cooling and a light and efficient neodymium magnet. According to PSB's founder and chief engineer, Paul Barton, placing the tweeter under the woofer helps keep sound properly in phase for frequencies where both drivers are both playing.
A state-of-the-art crossover and immaculate enclosure construction allow the drivers to deliver the goods with lifelike transparency.
Solid as a rock
The B600's cabinet has extensive internal bracing to minimize resonances that can get in the way of the drivers' natural sound. The front baffle features a 5mm-thick solid aluminum plate to further reduce acoustic noise that could obscure fine detail.
On the bottom, you'll find built-in vibration-isolating feet designed for PSB by IsoAcoustics. They effectively absorb any mechanical judder that manages to escape the speaker's ultra-rigid MDF enclosure.
The B600 deserves to be placed on a pedestal — namely the SST-24 speaker stands, which are designed especially for it.
PSB has been designing and engineering loudspeakers since 1972. Paul Barton started the company as a young and talented musician keen on developing speakers that were "true to nature." In PSB, he built a speaker brand that could rival the biggest in the industry in terms of both sound quality and value.
- two-way bookshelf speakers
- 1" titanium dome tweeter with ferrofluid cooling and neodymium magnet
- 6-1/2" woven carbon-fiber cone woofer
- frequency response: 50-33,000 Hz (±3dB)
- sensitivity: 88 dB
- impedance: 6 ohms
- recommended power: 15-150 watts
- low-resonance MDF cabinet with extensive bracing and decoupled aluminum-clad front baffle
- bass reflex design with rear-firing port
- magnetic grille
- integrated IsoAcoustics vibration-isolating feet
- gloss black finish
- dual gold-plated five way binding posts for bi-amping or bi-wiring
- fits PSB's custom-designed, all-metal PSB SST-24 speaker stands
- 9-1/8"W x 15-13/16"H x 13-9/16"D
- weight: 23 lbs. (each)
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # B600GBK
What's in the box:
- Bookshelf loudspeakr
- 2 Binding-post jumpers (pre-installed)
- Owner's Manual
- Warranty Card
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the PSB Synchrony B600
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer Size (inches)||6.5|
|Woofer Composition||Carbon fiber|
|Frequency Response||50-33k Hz|
|Connector Type||Binding post|
|Mounting Bracket Included||No|
|Recommended Stand Height (inches)||24-26|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Two-Way Driver Design: The PSB Synchrony B600 bookshelf loudspeaker employs a two-way driver design that features a 1" titanium dome tweeter and 6.5" carbon fiber cone woofer for dynamic full-range sound with impactful bass, transparent midrange, and accurate high frequency detail. The placement of the tweeter below the woofer provides greater flexibility in listener position. Tonal balance remains consistent whether the listener is seated or standing.
- 1" Titanium Dome Tweeter: The 1" titanium hard-dome tweeter features ferrofluid damping and a neodymium magnet allowing for higher sound pressure levels, without causing dynamic compression or increasing harmonic and intermodulation distortion. The result is crisp, clear, and detailed high frequencies.
- 6.5" Carbon Fiber Woofer: The 6.5" woofer features a woven carbon fiber cone that combines low mass and high rigidity which results in wider bandwidth (about a 1/2-octave lower than previous PSB driver designs), higher efficiency (88dB @ 1m), better power handling, and lower distortion. The cone's rubber surround has mass added to the junction with the cone to suppress unwanted reflections which results in smoother response. The woofer's highly rigid cast aluminum basket resists flexing, and is unaffected by cone motion. The driver's advanced motor structure maintains constant magnetic force throughout the voice-coil gap to reduce harmonic and intermodulation distortion.
Linkwitz-Riley 4th Order Crossover: The PSB Synchrony B600 bookshelf speaker utilizes an amplitude-perfect Linkwitz-Riley 4th order crossover network that features high-voltage polyfilm capacitors and oxygen-free interconnect wire for complete driver control, smooth frequency response, and seamless transition between the tweeter and woofer drivers for a "True-to-"Nature" sound that PSB is known for.
Bass Reflex MDF Cabinet: They Synchrony B600 bookshelf loudspeaker features a bass reflex cabinet with a rear-firing port that regulates air compression in the cabinet. The cabinet is constructed of MDF and is heavily braced with a decoupled aluminum-clad front baffle to maximize rigidity for uncolored, natural sound. The extensive internal bracing minimizes resonances that can cause uneven response and blur transients. The front baffle is clad in a 5mm-thick solid aluminum plate to minimize "baffle-talk" that can obscure fine detail. The speaker cabinet is available in a satin walnut veneer or high gloss black finish with an acoustically transparent, magnetically attached black cloth grille.
Dual Binding Posts: The Synchrony B600 is outfitted with two sets of heavy-duty, gold-plated binding posts allowing you to bi-amp or bi-wire the bookshelf loudspeaker. These binding posts ensure a secure connection to many types of cable and connectors. The binding post terminals will accept banana plugs (single only), pin-connectors, spade-lugs and bare wire (up to 10AWG). Plastic caps will need to be removed from the binding posts to use banana plugs.
- Bi-Wiring: Bi-wiring can provide noticeable improvements in the overall transparency of your loudspeakers. Run separate speaker wires to the low & high frequency drivers from a single amplifier (the upper set of binding posts are for the high frequency drivers; the lower set of binding posts are for the low frequency drivers).
- Bi-Amping: Bi-amping allows you to use separate amplifiers for the high & low frequency sections of your loudspeaker for greater dynamic range & lower distortion. We recommend that your separate amplifiers have identical gain to preserve the speaker's voicing balance.
Note: If you decide to bi-wire or bi-amp, you must remove the jumpers between the terminal posts (failure to do this could result in damage to your amplifier and loudspeakers).
Mounting Options: On the bottom of the speaker cabinet are four integrated isolation feet, custom designed for PSB by IsoAcoustics, that prevent vibrations from the drivers and cabinet from being reflected back into the enclosure. This translates to improved micro-detail, clearer transients, a wider soundstage, and more precise imaging. Also available, is a custom-fit 25" speaker stand (SST-24, sold separately).
Note: The Synchrony B600 does not include brackets, keyhole slots, or threaded-inserts to wall-mount the speaker.
PSB Synchrony Series: PSB's flagship Synchrony Series consists of the T600 floorstanding loudspeaker and the B600 bookshelf loudspeaker (sold separately). PSB's Synchrony Series has been acknowledged worldwide for its consistence and outstanding audio performance. The Synchrony Series continues PSB's "True-to-Nature" design philosophy by balancing the scientific principles of sound with an honest acoustic design.
Canada's NRC (National Research Council): Like all PSB loudspeakers, the Synchrony Series is designed and engineered at the world-famous acoustics lab at Canada's National Research Council (NRC) by a team of highly regarded acoustic specialists guided by renowned PSB Speakers founder and chief acoustic designer, Paul Barton. In addition to measuring loudspeaker performance in the NRC's anechoic chamber, PSB used advanced tools such as scanning laser vibrometer, finite-element analysis, and electro-acoustic computer modeling during the Synchrony Series' 2-year development process.