About the PSB C-LCR
Fantastic home theater sound with zero footprint
Fantastic home theater sound with zero footprint
We don't often recommend in-ceiling speakers for your home theater's front channels. That's because most models fire straight downward, so the sound tends to seem disconnected from your TV screen. PSB's unique C-LCR is that rare exception of an in-ceiling speaker that does a bang-up job reproducing your home theater's left, center, or right channel.
This speaker's angled baffle directs sound down and forward toward your listening position. It makes the movie's soundtrack feel like it's coming from the action unfolding on the screen, instead of several feet above it.
The C-LCR's drivers are angled to direct sound towards your seat (speaker shown rotated 90° with grille partially cut away).
A built-in enclosure elevates performance
One of my favorite features of the C-LCR is the back-box that's built onto the speaker. This carefully designed enclosure helps the C-LCR deliver consistently focused, well-balanced sound no matter what kind of space is behind it in your ceiling. It also keeps dust and dirt out of your speaker.
Build a complete in-ceiling system
I recommend using the C-LCR for each speaker location in your front soundstage. For spectacular in-ceiling special effects from the side or rear surround locations, I recommend using PSB's matching C-SUR.
PSB's rotating-cam design makes the in-ceiling installation straightforward. Once you have the C-LCR in place, simply use a screwdriver to tighten each cam for a secure grip against the back of the ceiling.
If this is a do-it-yourself installation, check out our guide to installing in-wall and in-ceiling speakers, along with our selection of in-wall speaker wire. Free lifetime technical support is provided with every Crutchfield purchase.
- high-performance speaker for home theater
- angled-baffle design directs sound towards your listening position
- built-in enclosure ensures great sound in any installation and protects against dust and dirt
- also reduces sound leakage into adjacent areas
- 1" titanium dome tweeter
- dual 5-1/4" clay and ceramic reinforced polypropylene woofers
- frequency response: 65-23,000 Hz
- recommended amplifier power: 20-150 watts
- sensitivity: 90 dB
- impedance: 6 ohms
- includes paintable and removable magnetic grille
- overall dimensions including grille: 14-3/4"W x 14-3/4"H
- cutout dimensions: 13-3/16"W x 13-3/16"H
- mounting depth: 8"
- weight: 11.7 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # C-LCR
What's in the box:
- In-ceiling speaker
- PSB logo
- Cutout Template
- Quick Start Guide
PSB C-LCR reviews
Amazing sound and easy installation. Crutchfield with excellent support. One of these speakers got lost in Shipping. They immediately sent another one with free 2 day shipping.
0 of 0 found this helpful
More details on the PSB C-LCR
Features & specs
|Quantity in Package||Single|
|Woofer Composition||Clay/Ceramic polypropylene|
|Cutout Size||13.1875 x 13.1875|
|Power Range (Watts)||20-150|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
CustomSound Series: Designed inside the anechoic chamber at Canada's National Research Council, this CustomSound series in-ceiling speaker is engineered with PSB's unparallel driver technology. The CustomSound series C-LCR incorporates advanced driver technology developed from PSB's Imagine Series of bookshelf/floor-standing loudspeakers and adapts it for the unique requirements of custom installation
Two-Way Speaker Design: The C-LCR in-ceiling speaker features a two-way design employing two 5.25" clay/ceramic polypropylene woofers with rubber surround along with a one 1" titanium ferro-fluid cooled dome tweeter with wave-guide. The drivers are mounted on an angled baffle in a deep box to allow proper dispersion required to create a nice three-dimensional sound stage when recessed into the ceiling.
- 1" Titanium Dome Tweeter: The 1" titanium, Ferrofluid cooled dome tweeter's light yet rigid diaphragm and over hung voice coil, combined with a computer optimized magnetic circuit produce an extended high frequency response that remains distortion free even at extreme volume levels. The front baffle is designed to eliminate mid and high frequency diffractions, maximizing three dimensional realism.
- Two 5.25" Clay/Ceramic Polypropylene Woofers: The two clay/ceramic polypropylene cone woofers employ a rubber surround for smooth response and an aluminum phase plug that acts as a heat sink for the voice coil, reducing power compression.
Acoustic Enclosure: Unlike many other in-ceiling speakers whose performance is compromised by the very ceiling into which they are installed, PSB includes a superbly engineered enclosure that ensures the acoustic integrity of the design in every installation. This truly rigid speaker baffle is essential for resonance-free sound and makes it possible to get a predictable high quality result in every installation. The computer-modeled enclosure has exactly the right internal volume to match the drivers to deliver high sensitivity combined with excellent bass extension and quality.
Dual Spring Posts: The dual spring-post terminals are located on the back of the in-ceiling speaker enclosure. The two sets of binding posts are shorted together by jumpers. With the jumpers removed the C-LCR can be bi-wired or bi-amplified. The spring-post terminals will accept single banana plugs, pin connectors, and bare wire up to 12 gauge.
Dog-Ear Mounting System: Specially developed heavy-duty dog-ears (eight total) are secure and really quick to install. Using the tried and true dog-ear mounting system makes for a familiar and trouble-free installation. The C-LCR can be installed as a left or right speaker, as well as a center speaker. A cutout template is also included to help you install the in-ceiling speaker.
- Cutout Dimensions: 13.1875" (w) x 13.1875" (h)
- Mounting Depth: 8" (including drywall)
- Mounting Height: 0.375"
- Speaker Frame Dimension: 14.6875" (w) x 14.5625" (h)
- Grille Frame Dimension: 14.75" (w) x 14.75" (h)
Paintable Magnetic Grille: The magnetically detachable grille is powder coated in white and can be painted to match any décor. The grille also includes a scrim that makes the grille visually opaque so the drivers are not visible.
Applications & Placement: PSB's CustomSound series C-LCR in-ceiling loudspeaker can be used in a distributed audio, home theater, or stereo application. In part to its wide dispersion characteristics and other aspects of its superb sonic performance, mounting position in your room is very flexible.
3 questions already asked