About the PSB Imagine X2T
Exceptional performance and value
Exceptional performance and value
Experience the kind of clean, balanced sound that has earned PSB speakers a sterling reputation among high-end audio circles. The Imagine X2T borrows from driver technologies developed for PSB's top-tier Synchrony speakers, giving you audiophile sound quality at a budget-friendly price. The Imagine X2T also features clean lines and a sleek cabinet design that won't clutter up your listening room.
High-tech drivers produce clean, well-balanced sound
The Imagine X2T features a 1" titanium dome tweeter that effortlessly dishes out smooth, uncolored highs. Just above the tweeter in its own tuned sub-enclosure is a 5-1/4" poly-filled carbon fiber midrange. This unique arrangement of midrange and tweeter is designed to prevent diffraction that can cause coloration of voices and instruments.
The tower's dual 6-1/2" woofers use an advanced clay/ceramic-filled polypropylene cone design. This stiff, lightweight material helps them deliver surprisingly deep bass. Each woofer is contained in its own internal ported chamber, which allows for extended, well-defined bass response uncommon for a speaker of this size.
- frequency response: 30-23,000 Hz (±3dB)
- sensitivity: 90 dB
- impedance: 8 ohms
- recommended power: 20-200 watts
- 1" titanium dome tweeter with neodymium magnets
- 5-1/4" polypropylene-filled carbon fiber cone midrange
- dual 6-1/2" clay ceramic-filled polypropylene woofers
- dual port, bass reflex design
- two sets of gold-plated five way binding posts — can be bi-wired or bi-amped
- black ash vinyl finish
- 9"W x 40-1/8"H x 16-3/4"D
- weight: 52 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # Imagine X2T
What's in the box:
- Floor-standing speaker
- 4 Rubber feet
- 4 Spiked Feet
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty Card
PSB Imagine X2T reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the PSB Imagine X2T
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||5.25|
|Woofer Size (inches)||6.2|
|Built-in Powered Sub||No|
|Connector Type||5-way post|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|Frequency Response||30-23k Hz|
|Subwoofer Amp Power||---|
3-Way Speaker Design: The PSB Imagine X2T floor-standing speaker employs a three-way speaker design with a single 1" tweeter, one 5.25" midrange driver, and two 6.5" bass woofers for a realistic, true-to-nature sound for music and movie soundtracks.
- 1" Tweeter: The PSB Imagine X2T features a 1" titanium dome tweeter with ferrofluid cooled high-tempeature voice coil and a neodymium magnet structure for extended high frequency response that remains distortion free even at extreme volume levels. A carefully engineered phase plug (the little plate in front of the dome) extends high frequency response and helps control the inevitable high frequency breakup mode while protecting the delicate dome from prying fingers.
- 5.25" Midrange: The Imagine X2T utilizes a separate 5.25" midrange driver in its own tuned enclosure for ideal dispersion and low distortion at high SPLs; this midrange driver is designed specifically for the Imagine X2T. Featuring an injection-molded poly-filled carbon fiber cone, the 5.25" midrange driver features a novel shape and filleted surround to optimize the reproduction of voices.
- Dual 6.5" Woofers: The PSB Imagine X2T houses two 6.5" proprietary injection-molded clay/ceramic reinforced polypropylene cones with rubber surrounds that have been refined to improve stiffness, internal damping, and low mass. Each 6.5" woofer has its own separate acoustic chamber tuned with a front-facing port to achieve incredible control and spatial, dynamic sound quality. Dividing and individually porting the chamber eliminates standing waves inside the X2T's tall, slim speaker cabinet. The placement of the woofers in multiple positions also reduces the first reflection phenomenon, minimizing the negative effects of the primary "floor bounce" reflections, creating a much more accurate and tuneful bass performance. The result being low distortion bass response that speaks with powerful authority.
Bass Reflex Cabinet: The Imagine X2T floor-standing speaker utilizes a bass reflex enclosure with two front-firing ports for greater efficiency and bigger bass response. The cabinet's front baffle is made from 1-1/4" thick MDF and is extremely rigid to prevent unwanted distortion and vibration. The narrow cabinet design helps prevent diffraction effects that can create early acoustic reflections that color the sound of voices and instruments. The black ash wood-grain finish complements the crisp, clean lines, and slim cabinet to integrate seamlessly with almost any decor.
Dual Binding Posts: The Imagine X2T floor-standing speaker features dual 5-way, gold-plated binding posts that can accept bare wire (up to 8AWG), spade-lugs, pin-connectors, and banana plugs (single or dual). The two sets of binding posts are shorted together by a gold-plated jumper. With the jumper removed the Imagine X2T can be bi-wired or bi-amplified.NRC (Nation Research Council): Through many years of research at the National Research Council (NRC) in Canada, home to one of the world's most advanced acoustical laboratories, PSB's design team has learned not only what people love to hear, but also how they hear it in a room. Critical to the Imagine X series design is this research into human perception of sound using double-blind listening tests. Double-blind testing removes any listener bias to give us the most accurate test result. It allows PSB to understand what is most important to listeners and allows us to create the ideal blend of performance and price for every application. In 1974, PSB was the first company to use the NRC for loudspeaker development and remains the most active user of the facility today. PSB's experience with the NRC, how they interpret the data and implement it into the design of the Imagine X series speakers, gives PSB a real advantage in speaker design.
Rubber & Spiked Feet: The PSB Imagine X2T floor-standing speaker comes with four rubber feet and four spiked feet. The rubber feet should be used on hardwood and tiles floors, while the spikes should be used on carpeted flooring. The feet thread into the bottom of the speaker and are adjustable to level the speaker up with your floors. The rubber feet add approximately 0.375" to the height of the speaker, while the spiked feet add approximately 1.0" to the height of the speaker.
Applications: All PSB's Imagine X series speakers are carefully matched in timbre, giving you flexibility to combine any of the models to work together in many different rooms and system setups; from a simple stereo application to a complex home theater system.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
5 questions already asked