About the PSB M4U 2 (Factory Recertified)
PSB's top-rated noise-canceling 'phones, recertified and discounted
PSB's top-rated noise-canceling 'phones, recertified and discounted
Enjoy peace and quiet while you travel.
The PSB M4U 2 headphones have long been a popular choice for Crutchfield customers (and employees) looking for active noise-canceling technology. They also continue to make year-end top-ten headphone lists on tech and audio sites. These 'phones offer first-class noise cancellation along with crystal-clear sound. And now we can offer them at a discount. PSB is so confident you'll enjoy these factory recertified headphones as much as a new pair, they're including their full two-year warranty.
Switch between your calls and music with ease
The M4U 2's in-line remote and microphone make it easy to answer and end calls, and pause, play, or skip through the songs on your iPod®, iPhone®, or iPad®. PSB includes two detachable headphone cords that feature a handy push-to-hear control that lets you mute the audio and amplify outside sounds to carry on a conversation with those around you without removing your headphones. For travel, the supplied airline adapter lets you easily plug into the in-flight entertainment.
From our review of the PSB M4U 2 noise canceling headphones
"These are my favorite noise-canceling headphones I've experienced to date. They're open, bass-forward without being unfocused or obnoxious, well-extended and overall, extremely pleasant to listen to. Plus, they are comfortable, mobile phone friendly and easy to manage while sitting in a coach seat."
— Woody, Crutchfield Home A/V writer
Power and comfort
You can select from three different operating modes to fit different listening situations. Passive mode allows you to enjoy your tunes without battery power — ideal for those times when you're playing music through high-quality home audio gear or a headphone amp. Switch to active mode, and the headphone's built-in amplifier kicks in to provide an added boost that turbocharges the sound coming from your portable player. Or, engage the active noise cancellation circuitry when you just want to tune out the world and relax to your music uninterrupted.
Along with delivering fantastic sound, a truly great headphone has to be comfortable. The M4U 2's soft padded earcups feature a two-way adjustable pivoting design for a secure, custom fit and hours of listening enjoyment. Dual input connections let you conveniently plug the cable in on either the left or right earcup. The folding design and included storage case make them easy to take along.
- folding, over-the-ear design with closed, padded earcups and adjustable headband
- active noise-canceling technology reduces distracting external sounds
- active listening mode uses built-in headphone amplifier for more powerful and precise audio with portable sources
- tri-mode operation allows passive listening (without batteries), active listening mode, and active listening mode with noise cancellation
- in-line remote/microphone for hands-free use with iPod®, iPhone®, and iPad®
- in-line push-to-hear monitor control pauses the audio source and noise-canceling feature for brief conversations without removing headphones
- convenient dual input connections let you plug the cable into the right or left earcup
- large 40mm drivers for low distortion and extended range
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz (±1.5dB)
- sensitivity: 102 dB
- impedance: 32 ohms (passive mode); 10k ohms (active/noise canceling mode)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- two 60" detachable headphone cords: one with in-line remote/microphone and monitor control; one with in-line monitor control only
- full-size headphone (1/4") and twin-plug airline system adapters
- extra set of ear pads
- protective carrying case
- cleaning cloth
- two "AAA" batteries
- MFR # M4U2 blk recertified
What's in the box:
PSB M4U 2 (Factory Recertified) owner's manual
- Refurbished over-ear noise-canceling headphones
- Pair of spare earpads
- 5' Cable with in-line remote/microphone and monitor button (with straight 3.5mm plug on one end and a right-angle 3.5mm plug on the other end)
- 5' Cable with in-line monitor button (with straight 3.5mm plug on one end and a right-angle 3.5mm plug on the other end)
- Airline adapter
- 3.5mm-to-1/4" adapter
- Cleaning cloth
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- Zippered semi-hard case
- Quick Start Guide
- Limited Warranty
- Music for You brochure
- Earpad Installation and Removal card
PSB M4U 2 (Factory Recertified) reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the PSB M4U 2 (Factory Recertified)
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height||2.729" x 3.8"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||Yes|
|Voice Assistant Access|
|Frequency Response||20-20k Hz|
|Cord Length||60" x 2|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The PSB M4U 2 headphones are part of the Music for You (M4U) series of high performance headphones. The M4U 2 has Active Noise Cancellation, powered by two "AAA" batteries (supplied), which eliminates external noise. The headphones come with two 5' cables (one with an in-line remote/microphone and one without), airline and 1/4" adapters, an extra set of earpads, and a semi-hard zippered storage case.
Operation Modes: The M4U 2 headphones feature three modes of operation, controlled by a 3-way switch on the right earcup: Active Noise Cancellation (ANC), Active Mode, and Passive Mode. When ANC is activated, external noise is picked up by the built-in microphones and canceled by introducing an inverted (out-of-phase) signal. At the same time, the incoming audio signal is amplified by the built-in amplifier. In Active Mode, the audio signal is amplified, but there is no Active Noise Cancellation. In Passive Mode, both active circuits (ANC and amplifier) are shut off, and the music is driven by the connected device. You can listen in Passive Mode when your batteries are exhausted.
Room Feel: The M4U 2 has Room Feel technology, which gives the headphones the same true-to-nature sound as a pair of PSB's in-room loudspeakers.
Ear Pads: The soft earpads are designed for comfort and fit. The ergonomic ear pads are gyro-suspended and self-adjusting to give you a precise fit. The M4U 2 comes with a spare pair of earpads.
Cables: The M4U 2 includes two 5' tangle-free cables, which can plug into either side. Both cables have an in-line Monitor button (see Monitor Function below). One cable is designed for use with your smartphone, and includes an in-line remote and microphone. The remote lets you answer and hang up your call, and play/pause, skip forward, and skip backward. The controls are compatible with iPhone and Blackberry. The other cable has no in-line remote/mic. A dual-input airline adapter and 1/4" stereo adapter are included.
Note: The cables must be plugged in with the straight end in the headphones and the right-angled end in the playback device.
Monitor Function: Both included cables have an in-line Monitor button. When pressed and held, the current audio track is attenuated by 30dB, and the surrounding sounds will be amplified through the headphones. The Monitor Function only works when the headphones are in Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) mode.
Batteries: The M4U 2 noise-canceling headphones are powered by two "AAA" batteries (supplied), which are inserted into the left earcup. Battery life is approximately 55 hours on average when using Active Noise Cancellation. You can use rechargeable batteries if desired, however, battery life will be shorter.
- Frequency Response (+/- 1.5dB): 20-20,000 Hz
- Sensitivity (1kHz/1mW): 102dB
- Power Handling: 30mW maximum
- Impedance: 32 ohms (passive), 10k ohms (active/ANC)
- Driver Size: 40mm
- Weight: 12.8 ounces
Love the sound!! Best sound I have heard in noise canceling headphones in 20 years of business travel. A little heavy but very adjustable. Also has 3 levels which is great: can be used when your battery dies and can limit the noise canceling so you can hear the flight attendant talk to you. Great!
Wayne from Ventura, CA