About the PSB Synchrony T600
PSB's best speakers
PSB's best speakers
The Synchrony T600's integrated feet by IsoAcoustics and super-rigid, chambered enclosure deliver transparent detailed sound.
PSB speakers have been thrilling Crutchfield customers for years with their outstanding performance and value. The all-new Synchrony T600 and its stand-mount sibling, the B600, sit at the very top of the company's lineup. PSB has pulled out all the stops to produce their ultimate floor-standing speaker, with furniture grade cosmetics and audiophile quality sound.
Brilliant drivers and design
Each of the T600'a three 6-1/2" carbon-fiber cone woofers are separately enclosed and rear-ported. Its ferrofluid-cooled 1" titanium dome tweeter sits between the uppermost woofer and the 5-1/4" midrange driver. According to PSB's founder and chief engineer, Paul Barton, placing the tweeter this way helps keep sound properly in phase for frequencies where both the midrange and tweeter are playing.
A cutting-edge crossover network
PSB calls this speaker a "transitional three-way design." Each woofer has a different high-pass filter frequency, so while all three operate at the lowest frequencies, the top one shares a blend with the midrange driver.
Thanks to this state-of-the-art crossover design — and the T600's immaculate enclosure construction — the drivers deliver a remarkably lifelike soundstage with utter transparency.
In addition to its internal woofer enclosures, the T600's cabinet has extensive internal bracing to minimize resonances that can get in the way of the drivers' natural sound. The front baffle features a 5mm-thick solid aluminum plate to further reduce acoustic noise that could obscure fine detail.
On the bottom, you'll find built-in vibration-isolating feet designed for PSB by IsoAcoustics. They effectively absorb any mechanical judder that manages to escape the speaker's ultra-rigid MDF enclosure.
PSB has been designing and engineering loudspeakers since 1972. Paul Barton started the company as a young and talented musician keen on developing speakers that were "true to nature." In PSB, he built a speaker brand that could rival the biggest in the industry in terms of both sound quality and value.
- transitional three-way floor-standing speakers
- 1" titanium dome tweeter with ferrofluid cooling and neodymium magnet
- 5-1/4" woven carbon-fiber cone midrange driver
- three 6-1/2" woven carbon-fiber cone woofers
- frequency response: 24-33,000 Hz (±3dB)
- sensitivity: 91 dB
- impedance: 4 ohms
- recommended power: 20-300 watts
- low-resonance MDF cabinet with extensive bracing and decoupled aluminum-clad front baffle
- bass reflex (ported) design
- three rear-firing ports (two port plugs included)
- magnetic grille
- integrated IsoAcoustics vibration-isolating feet
- triple gold-plated five way binding posts for bi/tri-amping or bi/tri-wiring
- gloss black finish
- 13-1/4""W x 43-1/2"H x 13-1/2"D
- weight: 77 lbs. (each)
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # T600GBK
What's in the box:
- Floorstanding loudspeakr
- 2 Binding-post jumpers (pre-installed)
- 4 Isolation feet
- 2 Port plugs
- Owner's Manual
- Warranty Card
PSB Synchrony T600 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the PSB Synchrony T600
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||5.25|
|Woofer Size (inches)||6.5|
|Woofer Composition||Carbon fiber|
|Built-in Powered Sub||No|
|Dolby Atmos Drivers||No|
|Connector Type||Binding post|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|Frequency Response||24-33k Hz|
|Subwoofer Amp Power||---|
Three-Way Driver Design: The PSB Synchrony T600 floorstanding loudspeaker employs a three-way driver design that features a 1" titanium dome tweeter, one 5.25" carbon fiber midrange driver, and three 6.5" carbon fiber cone woofers in a transitional-array configuration. The T600's transitional-array design places the tweeter below the midrange and the three woofers below the tweeter. The placement of the tweeter below the midrange driver provides greater flexibility in listener position; tonal balance remains consistent whether the listener is seated or standing. The 3-way, transitional-array driver design also narrows the frequency band to optimize each driver's capability for dynamic full-range sound with impactful bass, transparent midrange, and accurate high frequency detail.
- 1" Titanium Dome Tweeter: The 1" titanium hard-dome tweeter features ferrofluid damping and a neodymium magnet allowing for higher sound pressure levels, without causing dynamic compression or increasing harmonic and intermodulation distortion. The result is crisp, clear, and detailed high frequencies.
- 5.25" Midrange Driver & Three 6.5" Bass Woofers: The 5.25" midrange driver and three 6.5" woofers feature a woven carbon fiber cone that combines low mass and high rigidity which results in wider bandwidth (about a 1/2-octave lower than previous PSB driver designs), higher efficiency (91dB @ 1m), better power handling, and lower distortion. The cone's rubber surround has mass added to the junction with the cone to suppress unwanted reflections which results in smoother response. The highly rigid cast aluminum basket resists flexing, and is unaffected by cone motion. The advanced motor structure of the cone maintains constant magnetic force throughout the voice-coil gap to reduce harmonic and intermodulation distortion.
Linkwitz-Riley 4th Order Crossover: The PSB Synchrony T600 floorstanding speaker utilizes an amplitude-perfect Linkwitz-Riley 4th order crossover network that features high-voltage polyfilm capacitors and oxygen-free interconnect wire for complete driver control, smooth frequency response, and seamless transition between the tweeter, midrange driver, and woofers for a "True-to-"Nature" sound that PSB is known for.
Bass Reflex MDF Cabinet: They Synchrony T600 floorstanding loudspeaker features a bass reflex cabinet with three rear-firing ports that regulate air compression in the cabinet. The cabinet is constructed of MDF and is heavily braced with a decoupled aluminum-clad front baffle to maximize rigidity for uncolored, natural sound. The extensive internal bracing minimizes resonances that can cause uneven response and blur transients. The front baffle is clad in a 5mm-thick solid aluminum plate and decoupled from the enclosure with ten isolation cups to minimize "baffle-talk" that can obscure fine detail. The enclosure is divided into four chambers - one sealed chamber for the midrange driver and tweeter, and three identically tuned rear-ported chambers, one for each woofer. This breaks up standing waves inside the enclosure that could otherwise cause uneven response and distortion. The speaker cabinet is available in a satin walnut veneer or high gloss black finish with an acoustically transparent, magnetically attached black cloth grille.
Note: The T600 comes with two port plugs that can be inserted into the bass-reflex ports on the back of the enclosure. This lets you tailor the bass output to suit your listening environment and preference. The result is bass that is deep, accurate, and does not overload the room.
Triple Binding Posts: The Synchrony T600 is outfitted with three sets of heavy-duty, gold-plated binding posts allowing you to tri-amp, bi-amp, tri-wire, or bi-wire the floorstanding loudspeaker. These binding posts ensure a secure connection to many types of cable and connectors. The binding post terminals will accept banana plugs (single only), pin-connectors, spade-lugs and bare wire (up to 10AWG). Plastic caps will need to be removed from the binding posts to use banana plugs.
- Tri-/Bi-Wiring: Tri- or Bi-wiring can provide noticeable improvements in the overall transparency of the loudspeaker. You'll run separate speaker wires to the low, mid, and high frequency drivers from a single amplifier.
- Tri-/Bi-Amping: Tri-/Bi-amping allows you to use separate amplifiers for the high, mid, and low frequency sections of the loudspeaker for greater dynamic range & lower distortion. We recommend that your separate amplifiers have identical gain to preserve the speaker's voicing balance.
Note: If you decide to tri-wire, tri-amp, bi-wire or bi-amp, you must remove the jumpers between the terminal posts (failure to do this could result in damage to your amplifier and loudspeaker).
Custom Isolator Feet: At the base of the T600 are four outrigger stabilizers with custom isolators based on IsoAcoustics' award-winning Gaia II isolators. These prevent mechanical energy produced by the drivers and cabinet from being reflected back into the enclosure. Along with the outrigger stabilizers, the isolators provide a high degree of speaker isolation and control, while resisting lateral movement and oscillations to maintain accuracy and alignment with the listening position. Internal reflections with the supporting surface are attenuated resulting in greater sound clarity and openness. The result is improved micro-detail, clearer transients, a wider soundstage, and more precise imaging. The isolator feet must be installed and can be used on carpet or hard-surface flooring.
PSB Synchrony Series: PSB's flagship Synchrony Series consists of the T600 floorstanding loudspeaker and the B600 bookshelf loudspeaker (sold separately). PSB's Synchrony Series has been acknowledged worldwide for its consistence and outstanding audio performance. The Synchrony Series continues PSB's "True-to-Nature" design philosophy by balancing the scientific principles of sound with an honest acoustic design.
Canada's NRC (National Research Council): Like all PSB loudspeakers, the Synchrony Series is designed and engineered at the world-famous acoustics lab at Canada's National Research Council (NRC) by a team of highly regarded acoustic specialists guided by renowned PSB Speakers founder and chief acoustic designer, Paul Barton. In addition to measuring loudspeaker performance in the NRC's anechoic chamber, PSB used advanced tools such as scanning laser vibrometer, finite-element analysis, and electro-acoustic computer modeling during the Synchrony Series' 2-year development process.