About the PSB W-LCR
A dynamic multi-purpose in-wall speaker
A dynamic multi-purpose in-wall speaker
Planning a new in-wall home theater or music system? Check out PSB's W-LCR. It uses the same custom-designed 1” titanium dome tweeter as PSB's flagship Imagine T3 tower speaker — one of my favorite floor-standing speakers. Two 5-1/4" woofers round out the midrange and bass. The result is dynamic high-frequency performance without any footprint.
The PSB W-LCR has a built-in back-box that helps the speaker deliver consistently focused, well-balanced sound no matter what kind of space is behind it in your wall.
Use it for the left, right, and center channels
I love the W-LCR because you can use it in a variety of configurations. Install one horizontally under your wall-mounted TV for robust center channel performance. Then position one vertically on each side of your TV for the left and right channels. You'll be treated to seamless sound that pulls you into the action on the screen.
A built-in enclosure elevates your sound
One of my favorite features of the W-LCR is its built-in back-box. This carefully designed enclosure helps the speaker deliver consistently focused, well-balanced sound no matter what kind of space is behind it in your wall. It also keeps dust and dirt out of your speaker.
Adaptable to your décor
The W-LCR comes with a paintable, magnetic grille so you can match it to your room's décor. The zero-bezel edge means no bulk around the sides of the grille, making it virtually disappear into your wall.
PSB's rotating-cam design makes your in-wall installation straightforward. Once you have the W-LCR in place, simply use a screwdriver to tighten each cam for a secure grip against the back of the wall.
- ideal for use as a center-, left-, or right-channel home theater speaker, or in a high-performance stereo system
- horizontal center channel placement requires 16" of clearance between two studs
- built-in enclosure ensures great sound in any installation and protects against dust and dirt
- also reduces sound leakage into adjacent areas
- 1" titanium dome tweeter
- dual 5-1/4" clay and ceramic reinforced polypropylene woofers
- frequency response: 70-23,000 Hz
- recommended amplifier power: 20-150 watts
- sensitivity: 91 dB
- impedance: 6 ohms
- includes paintable and removable magnetic grille
- overall dimensions including grille: 10-11/16"W x 16"H
- cutout dimensions: 9-3/16"W x 14-3/8"H
- mounting depth: 4"
- weight: 11.7 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # W-LCR
What's in the box:
- In-wall speaker
- PSB logo
- Cutout Template
- Quick Start Guide
More details on the PSB W-LCR
Features & specs
|Quantity in Package||Single|
|Cutout Size||9.1875 x 14.375|
|Woofer Composition||Clay/Ceramic polyproplene|
|Power Range (Watts)||20-150|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
CustomSound Series: Designed inside the anechoic chamber at Canada's National Research Council, this CustomSound series in-wall speaker is engineered with PSB's unparallel driver technology. The CustomSound series W-LCR incorporates advanced driver technology developed from PSB's Imagine Series of bookshelf/floor-standing loudspeakers and adapts it for the unique requirements of custom installation
Two-Way Speaker Design: The W-LCR in-wall speaker features a two-way design employing two 5.25" clay/ceramic polypropylene woofers with rubber surround along with a one 1" titanium ferro-fluid cooled dome tweeter with wave-guide.
- 1" Titanium Dome Tweeter: The 1" titanium, Ferrofluid cooled dome tweeter's light yet rigid diaphragm and over hung voice coil, combined with a computer optimized magnetic circuit produce an extended high frequency response that remains distortion free even at extreme volume levels. The front baffle is designed to eliminate mid and high frequency diffractions, maximizing three dimensional realism.
- Two 5.25" Clay/Ceramic Polypropylene Woofers: The two clay/ceramic polypropylene cone woofers employ a rubber surround for smooth response and an aluminum phase plug that acts as a heat sink for the voice coil, reducing power compression.
Acoustic Enclosure: Unlike many other in-wall speakers whose performance is compromised by the very wall into which they are installed, PSB includes a superbly engineered enclosure that ensures the acoustic integrity of the design in every installation. This truly rigid speaker baffle is essential for resonance-free sound and makes it possible to get a predictable high quality result in every installation. The computer-modeled enclosure has exactly the right internal volume to match the drivers to deliver high sensitivity combined with excellent bass extension and quality.
Dual Spring Posts: The dual spring-post terminals are located on the back of the in-wall speaker enclosure. The two sets of binding posts are shorted together by jumpers. With the jumpers removed the W-LCR can be bi-wired or bi-amplified. The spring-post terminals will accept single banana plugs, pin connectors, and bare wire up to 12 gauge.
Dog-Ear Mounting System: Specially developed heavy-duty dog-ears (eight total) are secure and really quick to install. Using the tried and true dog-ear mounting system makes for a familiar and trouble-free installation. The W-LCR can be installed vertically as left or right speaker, as well as installed horizontally as a center speaker. A cutout template is also included to help you install the in-wall speaker.
- Cutout Dimension: 9.1875" (w) x 14.375" (h)
- Mounting Depth: 4" (including drywall)
- Mounting Height: 0.375"
- Speaker Frame Dimension: 10.625" (w) x 15.75" (h)
- Grille Frame Dimension: 10.6875" (w) x 16" (h)
Paintable Magnetic Grille: The magnetically detachable grille is powder coated in white and can be painted to match any décor. The grille also includes a scrim that makes the grille visually opaque so the drivers are not visible.
Applications & Placement: PSB's CustomSound series W-LCR in-wall loudspeaker can be used in a distributed audio, home theater, or stereo application. In part to its wide dispersion characteristics and other aspects of its superb sonic performance, mounting position in your room is very flexible.