About the PSB W-LCR2
Pristine PSB sound with zero footprint
Pristine PSB sound with zero footprint
Want high-end sound without taking up any floor space? Consider PSB's W-LCR2 three-way in-wall speaker. It uses the same custom-designed 1” titanium dome tweeter as PSB's flagship Imagine T3 tower speaker. A 4" midrange and two 5-1/4" woofers round out the midrange and bass. The result is dynamic high-frequency performance from a space-saving in-wall design.
Dynamic multi-purpose speaker
I love the W-LCR2 because you can use it in a variety of configurations. Building a home theater? Install one horizontally under your wall-mounted TV for robust center channel performance. Then position one vertically on each side of your TV for the left and right channels. You'll be treated to seamless sound that pulls you into the action on the screen.
The PSB W-LCR2's center array can be rotated 90° to accommodate either vertical or horizontal installs.
A built-in enclosure elevates your sound
One of my favorite features of the W-LCR2 is its built-in back-box. This carefully designed enclosure helps the speaker deliver consistently focused, well-balanced sound no matter what kind of space is behind it in your wall. It also keeps dust and dirt out of your speaker.
Adaptable to your décor
The W-LCR2 comes with a magnetic grille you can paint to match your room's décor. The zero-bezel edge means no bulk around the sides of the grille, making it virtually disappear into your wall.
PSB's rotating-cam design makes your in-wall installation straightforward. Once you have the W-LCR2 in place, simply use a screwdriver to tighten each cam for a secure grip against the back of the wall.
- three-way loudspeaker design for outstanding sound reproduction
- ideal as a center-, left-, or right-channel home theater speaker, or in a high-performance stereo system
- horizontal center channel placement requires 24" of clearance between two studs
- built-in enclosure ensures great performance in any installation and protects against dust and dirt
- also reduces sound leakage into adjacent areas
- 1" titanium dome tweeter
- 4" polypropylene midrange driver
- dual 5-1/4" clay and ceramic reinforced polypropylene woofers
- frequency response: 65-23,000 Hz
- recommended amplifier power: 20-200 watts
- sensitivity: 89 dB
- impedance: 6 ohms
- includes paintable and removable magnetic grille
- overall dimensions including grille: 11-9/16"W x 24-11/16"H
- cutout dimensions: 10"W x 23"H
- mounting depth: 3-3/4"
- weight: 17.6 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # W-LCR 2
What's in the box:
- In-wall speaker
- PSB logo
- Cutout Template
- Quick Start Guide
PSB W-LCR2 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the PSB W-LCR2
Features & specs
|Quantity in Package||Single|
|Woofer Composition||Clay/Ceramic polyproplene|
|Cutout Size||10 x 23.0625|
|Power Range (Watts)||20-200|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
CustomSound Series: Designed inside the anechoic chamber at Canada's National Research Council, this CustomSound series in-wall speaker is engineered with PSB's unparallel driver technology. The CustomSound series W-LCR2 incorporates advanced driver technology developed from PSB's Imagine Series of bookshelf/floor-standing loudspeakers and adapts it for the unique requirements of custom installation
Three-Way Speaker Design: The W-LCR2 In-Wall speaker is a true 3-way loudspeaker design employing two 5.25" woofers along with a 4" midrange driver that seamlessly transitions to the 1" titanium dome tweeter. The midrange and tweeter are on a rotatable sub-assembly to allow for uniform dispersion whether the speaker is oriented vertically or horizontally (4 screws will need to be removed to rotate the sub-assembly and then re-installed to secure it).
- Titanium Dome: Tweeter: The 1" titanium, Ferrofluid cooled dome tweeter's light yet rigid diaphragm and over hung voice coil, combined with a computer optimized magnetic circuit produce an extended high frequency response that remains distortion free even at extreme volume levels. The front baffle is designed to eliminate mid and high frequency diffractions, maximizing three dimensional realism.
- Clay/Ceramic Polypropylene Midrange & Woofers: The 4" midrange and two 5.25" woofers feature a two clay/ceramic polypropylene cone and rubber surround for smooth response, plus an aluminum phase plug that acts as a heat sink for the voice coil, reducing power compression.
Acoustic Enclosure: Unlike many other in-wall speakers whose performance is compromised by the very wall into which they are installed, PSB includes a superbly engineered enclosure that ensures the acoustic integrity of the design in every installation. This truly rigid speaker baffle is essential for resonance-free sound and makes it possible to get a predictable high quality result in every installation. The computer-modeled enclosure has exactly the right internal volume to match the drivers to deliver high sensitivity combined with excellent bass extension and quality.
Dual Spring Posts: The dual spring-post terminals are located on the back of the in-wall speaker enclosure. The two sets of binding posts are shorted together by jumpers. With the jumpers removed the W-LCR2 can be bi-wired or bi-amplified. The spring-post terminals will accept single banana plugs, pin connectors, and bare wire up to 12 gauge.
Dog-Ear Mounting System: Specially developed heavy-duty dog-ears (eight total) are secure and really quick to install. Using the tried and true dog-ear mounting system makes for a familiar and trouble-free installation. The W-LCR2 can be installed vertically as left or right speaker, as well as installed horizontally as a center speaker. A cutout template is also included to help you install the in-wall speaker.
- Cutout Dimension: 10" (w) x 23.0625" (h)
- Mounting Depth: 4" (including drywall)
- Mounting Height: 0.31255"
- Speaker Frame Dimension: 11.4375" (w) x 24.4375" (h)
- Grille Frame Dimension: 11.5625" (w) x 24.6875" (h)
Paintable Magnetic Grille: The magnetically detachable grille is powder coated in white and can be painted to match any décor. The grille also includes a scrim that makes the grille visually opaque so the drivers are not visible.
Applications & Placement: PSB's CustomSound series W-LCR2 in-wall loudspeaker can be used in a distributed audio, home theater, or stereo application. In part to its wide dispersion characteristics and other aspects of its superb sonic performance, mounting position in your room is very flexible.
2 questions already asked