About the Hoya Alpha UV Filter
Protect your lens while filtering out the ultraviolet rays in outdoor photos that can contribute to haze. The Hoya Alpha UV filter's glass is precision-ground and polished, so you won't have surface imperfections that could distort your images. A rigid aluminum frame holds the filter steady in front of the lens.
- fits most lenses with the listed thread diameter
- protects lens from bumps, scratches, and dust
- absorbs UV light in outdoor photos
- multi-layer coatings greatly reduce surface reflections from the filter's glass
- precision-milled aluminum frame
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # C-ALP82UV
What's in the box:
- One 82mm UV filter in plastic case
More details on the Hoya Alpha UV Filter
Overview: Hoya Alpha-series multi-coated UV filters are designed specifically for digital cameras to absorb ultraviolet (UV) rays. Both surfaces of the optical glass are fully multi-coated to increase light transmission. Specialized UV glass absorbs almost the entire range of UV rays to give clear and sharper images with less haze.
Aluminum Filter Frame: Hoya Alpha-series filters are made with precision-milled aluminum frames. A rigid aluminum frame keeps the filter glass perfectly parallel to the plane of the image sensor for best results.
Lens Protection: UV filters are many times used to protect the lens from fingerprints, dirt, and scratches, and can be kept on the lens at all times.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked