About the Audioengine A1-MR
Wi-Fi network streaming in a powered speaker pair
Wi-Fi network streaming in a powered speaker pair
The A1-MR powered speakers have built-in wireless streaming and an analog input for connecting a turntable with phono preamp (sold separately).
Audioengine's mission to deliver great sound and a great value lives large in this diminutive Wi-Fi-capable powered speaker pair. The A1-MRs produce surprisingly full sound, even though they're only six inches tall, each with a footprint about the size of a mass-market paperback. And they incorporate the same multi-room connectivity as Audioengine's elegant little wireless streamer, the B-Fi.
Smooth, small sound system
The understated black cabinets have front-firing slot ports, so you can place them as close to the wall as you want. And you'll get sound that's smooth, full, and tight from the 3/4" silk tweeters and 2-3/4" woven aramid fiber woofers.
The active left speaker has two channels of 15-watt amplification built in. It connects to the passive right speaker with included speaker wire. Get more low end by connecting a powered subwoofer (like the Audioengine S8, sold separately) to the active speaker. There's also a 3.5mm aux input for playing music from a phone, computer, or other stereo music component.
Easy and flexible app control and connections
Download the free Audioengine Control app onto your Android™ or iOS® phone, then follow the setup instructions to add the speakers to your home network. The app can play music services including Amazon Music, Spotify®, TIDAL, Qobuz, iHeartRadio, TuneIn, Napster, and more. And Apple users can play pretty much whatever they want using AirPlay. It's also DLNA and UPnP compatible for accessing music stored on your computers and networked hard drives.
Enjoy your music in up to 12 rooms
You can have music throughout your home, or only in the rooms you want. The app lets you group and control up to 12 pairs of A1-MRs — or systems with a B-Fi streamer.
- pair of active bookshelf speakers with Wi-Fi network streaming
- create a wireless system for up to 12 rooms with additional A1-MRs or Audioengine B-Fi network streamers
- Audioengine Control app for easy setup and operation
- built-in DAC decodes up to 16-bit/44kHz audio
- compatible with AirPlay, UPnP, and DLNA
Speaker design details:
- 2-way design
- 15 watts x 2
- 3/4" silk dome tweeter
- 2-3/4" aramid fiber kevlar woofer
- bass reflex design with front slot ports
- frequency response: 65 Hz to 22 kHz (±2 dB)
- signal-to-noise ratio: 95 dB
- connections of active (left) speaker:
- 3.5mm analog stereo input
- RCA subwoofer output
- spring clip output to passive (right) speaker
- AC power input
- network connection by Wi-Fi (2.4 GHz) only; no Ethernet port
- 4-3/16"W x 6-1/4"H x 7-1/4"D (each)
- active (left) speaker: 3.1 lbs.
- passive (right) speaker: 2.4 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # A1MR
What's in the box:
- Wireless powered left speaker
- Passive right speaker
- 6' AC power cord
- 6.5' Length of 18 gauge speaker wire
- 6.5' Stereo minijack-to-RCA cable
- 6' Stereo minijack cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Audioengine product brochure
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Audioengine A1-MR
Features & specs
|Wi-Fi Bands||2.4 GHz|
|Tweeter Size (Inches)||0.75|
|Midrange Size (Inches)||---|
|Woofer Size (Inches)||2.75|
|Woofer Type||Composite Cone|
|Watts RMS (Continuous)||30|
|Watts Maximum (Peak)||Not given|
|Frequency Response||Not given|
|Max. Digital Audio Bit Depth||16-bit|
|Max. Digital Audio Sample Rate||44.1 kHz|
|Apple AirPlay 2||No|
|Bose Home Speaker||No|
|Control by app||Apple iOS, Android|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
Two-Way Driver Design: The Audioengine One-MR (A1-MR) utilizes a two-way driver design with a a 0.75 silk soft-dome tweeter and a 2.75" Aramid Fiber cone woofer that delivers real, natural sound; very near to the originally-recorded music. The One-MR (A1-MR) speaker system has a frequency response of 65Hz to 22,000Hz (+/-2dB)
- Silk-Dome Tweeter: The One-MR (A1-MR) uses an audiophile-quality, ferro-fluid cooled silk soft-dome tweeter with a neodymium magnet. The silk soft-dome tweeter holds up well under high power & the edge-driven design gives a very smooth high frequency response.
- Aramid Fiber Cone: The Aramid fiber cone woofer is very rigid and stiff, but also lightweight so it can respond quickly and reproduce sound accurately. The Aramid fiber cone woofer produces a beautiful and broad midrange with satisfying low end response.
Built-In Amplification: The Audioengine One-MR (A1-MR) is powered by a two 15W Class D amplifiers built into the left speaker. The built-in Class D amplifiers save space & eliminate the need to connect the One-MR (A1-MR) to a stereo receiver or external power amp. Simply plug the left speaker into an AC outlet & connect the included 6.5' length of 18AWG speaker wire from the left speaker's spring-clip terminals to right speaker's spring-clip terminals. All internal components of the One-MR (A1-MR) are tuned together, providing a more efficient system requiring less power than passive speakers & amplifiers.
Note: With the amplifier built-in, the left speaker is heavier than the right speaker (3.1 lbs vs. 2.4 lbs).
Bass Reflex MDF Cabinet: One of the reasons the Audioengine One-MR (A1-MR) has such great bass response for a compact speaker is its slot-ported cabinet. Each cabinet features a front-firing slot-port that has been specifically tuned for accurate bass down to 65Hz. The result is incredible low end with minimal audible air turbulence, so you can use the Audioengine 1 speakers with or without a separate subwoofer. The cabinets are built using MDF with internal bracing. Internal sound-damping material reduces unwanted reflections inside the cabinet. The cabinet edges are rounded to reduce high-frequency diffraction effects on the front baffles. The speakers are hand finished, then tuned and tested together to be sold in matching pairs.
Note: No grilles are included with the Audioengine One-MR (A1-MR) speakers.
16-Bit/44.1kHz DAC: The Audioengine One-MR (A1-MR) employs a 16-bit/44.1kHz DAC (digital-to-analog converter) for high-resolution audio playback. It supports compressed music files such as MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC, WAV, ALAC, APE, and OGG (up to 16-bit/44.1kHz).
Aux Input: The Audioengie One-MR (A1-MR) features a rear-panel Aux input that consists of a stereo 3.5mm minijack connection. The Aux input can be used to connect an external audio source device to the speaker system for audio playback.
Subwoofer Output: The Audioengine One-MR (A1-MR) is outfitted with a mono-RCA subwoofer output for connection of a powered subwoofer (sold separately) if you desire bigger and deeper bass response.
Built-In WiFi: The Audioengine One-MR (A1-MR) wireless powere speaker system features built-in 2.4GHz WiFi (802.11 a/b/g/n), so you can wirelessly connect to your home's WiFi router and ISP (Internet Service Provider) in order to access online music services, internet radio, and local network music libraries.
- The Audioengine One-MR (A1-MR) does not support 5GHz WiFi 802.11ac
- The One-MR (A1-MR) does not offer an Ethernet jack for a hardwired connection.
Audioengine Control App: You'll need to download the Audioengine Control App (for Apple iOS 10.0+ and Android OS 5.0+) onto your compatible smartphone or table device for WiFi network setup, access to online music services, playback control, and multiroom audio distribution. You'll be able to control your music, volume, presets (up to 10) and speaker selection from anywhere in your home from the Audioengine Control app on your compatible mobile device.
Online Music Services: Within the Audioengine Control app you have access to a variety of online music services - including Amazon Music, TuneIn, iHeart Radio, Spotify, Tidal, Qobuz, and Napster.
- Amazon Music: Listen to millions of songs, thousands of playlists, and ad-free personalized stations with Amazon Music.
- TuneIn: TuneIn gives you access to the world's radio stations, shows and podcasts, all for free. Over 100,000 channels from every corner of the earth, plus live and on-demand radio shows from around the world.
- iHeartRadio: iHeartRadio is a free, all-in-one digital radio and music streaming service that lets you listen to thousands of live stations from across the country and allows you to create personalized custom stations featuring songs from the artist you select and similar
- Spotify: Spotify is a digital music service that gives you on-demand access to one of the largest music libraries in the world (over 15 million tracks and counting). Spotify makes it easier than ever to discover, manage, and share music with your friends. You can browse music by artist, album, track, or most popular; and create your own music library with customized playlists.
- Tidal: Tidal is a global streaming service that offers over 30 million songs in high-fidelity CD sound quality. TIDAL has two pricing tiers; either $9.99 or $19.99 a month. Both pricing levels allow you to access TIDAL's entire music library. The $19.99 tier has the added benefit of high-fidelity sound at CD-level quality.
- Qobuz: Qobuz is a paid streaming service that gives you access to more than 40 million tracks. Discover new artists and albums with selections and playlists from musical experts.
- Napster: Napster is a paid online music service that provides you with a music collection complete with millions of songs, entire albums and artist hits spanning the decades. Enjoy more than 30 million tracks at 320kbps AAC.
Mobile Device Audio Streaming: You are able to wirelessly stream music stored on your Apple iOS device (such as iPhone or iPad) and Android OS device (such as a smartphone or tablet) to the One-MR (A1-MR) using the Audioengine Control App. You can access, browse, and control your mobile device's stored music files through the Audioengine Control app. The app will also display song, artist, and album information, as well as album art.
Note: Your mobile devices' music libraries must be stored locally on the device and not in the cloud.
AirPlay: AirPlay lets you stream your favorite songs directly from your Apple iOS (4.3.3+) device or from your iTunes (10.2.2+) library on your Windows PC or Mac computer to the Audioengine One-MR (A1-MR), over your home's wireless network connection. From your Apple iOS device you are able to stream stored music on your device, downloaded music apps, and music on your iCloud. From your Windows or Mac you can stream your stored iTunes music library on your computer to the One-MR (A1-MR); you can even download Apple's free Remote App onto your compatible iOS device to browse and control playback functions of the music stored in your iTunes music library on your computer that is being streamed to the unit.
Notes: AirPlay is accessed independently from the Audioengine Control app. Audioengine One-MR (A1-MR) does not support AirPlay 2.
Computer Audio Streaming: The Audioengine One-MR (A1-MR) speaker system supports DLNA and UPnP for wireless streaming from a Windows or Mac computer. You'll be able to control and browse your computer's local music library from the Audioengine Control app on your comaptible Apple iOS or Android mobile device. The Audioengine Control App will also display song title, artist name, album name, and album art.
- DLNA: The Audioengine One-MR (A1-MR) is DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) 1.5 and Windows 7/8/10 compliant for audio networking. This means it's easier for you to access and enjoy digital music stored on your Windows PC or DLNA compliant NAS through the Audioengine Control app on your compatible Apple iOS or Android device.
- UPnP: With support for UPnP (Universal Plug-And-Play), you'll be able to effortlessly stream music stored on your Windows PC, Mac computer, NAS drive, or other UPnP compliant device directly to the Audioengine One-MR (A1-MR). The network device needs to running a universal plug and play (UPnP) service; free and paid UPnP services are available. Some systems include a built-in version of a UPnP service.
Note: Your digital music files must be stored locally on your computer, NAS drive, or other DLNA/UPnP device.
Multiroom Audio: You can add multiple One-MR (A1-MR) speakers and the Audioengine B-Fi music streamer (sold separately) around your your home to create a multiroom audio distribution eco-system. You can listen to the same song in every room or listen to different music in different rooms. It delivers 16-bit/44.1kHz audio with low-latency and no audio lag between systems and speakers. Multiroom audio distribution setup and control is all done through the Audioengine Control app.
- The Audioengine Control app supports a maximum of 12 rooms (most home networks can only support 8). You can wirelessly stream to each room individually or group rooms together (up to 6).
- Compatible online music services, mobile device audio (including AirPlay), and computer audio (including DLNA/UPnP) can be distributed between multiple Audioengine One-MR (A1-MR) speaker systems in different rooms.
Mounting Options: Both speakers have a high-density foam isolation pad on the bottom for safe placement on your desk, stand, table, or shelf. Audioengine's optional DS1 Desktop Stands (sold separately) can be used to angle the One-MR (A1-MR) speakers upward at approximately 15° and add 1.75" the the height of the speakers.
Note: The Audioengine One-MR (A1-MR) does not included a bracket, keyhole slot, or threaded insert to wall-mount the speakers.
AC Power: The Audioengine One-MR (A1-MR) operates off of standard household current using the included 6' detachable power cord. The included AC powered cord plugs into the left powered speaker and an AC wall outlet or surge protector (sold separately). An auto-standby idle mode is also featured to conserve power when you're not playing music.
Note: The Audioengine One-MR (A1-MR) speaker system is not battery powered.
3 questions already asked