About the Audioengine A5+ Wireless
Audioengine A5+ speakers go wireless
Audioengine A5+ Wireless speakers can fill small or medium-sized rooms with clear sound, and they'll look beautiful doing it.
Audioengine A5+ speakers go wireless
We've been selling Audioengine A5+ speakers for years, and customers love them. How did Audioengine make them even better? Well, now they can connect to your Bluetooth sources wirelessly. Start streaming your favorite tunes from your phone, tablet, or laptop without having to get up and fiddle with dials and switches.
You can still get wired if you want to
Versatility is the name of the game, so there are wired connections to be made on the back of the left powered speaker. If you're using the speakers as part of a desktop system, you can plug your mobile device into the minijack input. Stereo RCA inputs let you integrate the A5+ into your existing A/V system. Connect a CD player or the output from a turntable and phono preamp. Or boost the analog output from your TV, so you can really hear all the dialogue and sound effects well.
Smart, stylish design
The A5+'s custom silk tweeters deliver smooth, open highs. Advanced Kevlar woofers provide tight, punchy mids and bass. The built-in amplifier gives each speaker an ideal 50 watts. All that excellent hardware is housed in sturdy wood cabinets with a hand-polished finish.
- powered bookshelf stereo speakers with Bluetooth®
- two 50-watt amplifiers built into left speaker
- frequency response: 50-22,000 Hz
- each speaker features:
- one 3/4" silk dome tweeter
- one 5" Kevlar mid/woofer
- video-shielded to prevent interference in tube TVs and monitors
- bass-reflex cabinet design with rear-firing slot port
- volume control
- rear minijack input
- rear RCA stereo input
- RCA stereo line output
- power cord
- 7"W x 10-3/4"H x 9"D (left powered speaker)
- 7"W x 10-3/4"H x 7-3/4"D (right passive speaker)
- weight: 15.4 lbs. (left), 9.6 lbs. (right)
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # A5+BT WHT
What's in the box:
- Powered left speaker
- Passive right speaker
- 6' AC power cord
- Remote control (with installed CR2025 battery)
- 12.5' Length of 16 gauge speaker wire
- 6.5' Stereo minijack cable
- 6' Stereo RCA cable
- Cloth drawstring cable bag
- 2 Cloth drawstring speaker bags
- Setup guide
- Audioengine product brochure
Audioengine A5+ Wireless reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Audioengine A5+ Wireless
Two-Way Speaker System: Each of the Audioengine A5+ Wireless speakers has two drivers; a 3/4" silk dome tweeter & a 5" Kevlar woofer. The A5+ Wireless provides a real, natural sound; very near to the originally-recorded music. The A5+ Wireless has a frequency response of 50Hz to 22,000Hz (+/-1.5dB)
- Silk Dome Tweeters: Audioengine uses audiophile-quality, ferro-fluid cooled silk dome tweeters with neodymium magnets. Silk tweeters hold up well under high power & the edge-driven design gives very smooth response.
- Kevlar Woofers: The woofers are Kevlar woven glass aramid composite with rubber surrounds. Kevlar is very strong, which means that the woofer retains its shape when being driven at high levels.
Note: The speaker will sound great out of the box & will get better over time. No need to do anything else, but listen to them. Do give them at least 30-50 hours of break-in time before doing any critical listening.
Built-in Amplifier: The A5+ Wireless is powered by a 50-watt RMS x 2ch amplifier (SNR: >94dB, THD: <0.05%), built into the left speaker. The built-in power amplifier saves space & eliminates the need to connect Audioengine 5+ to a stereo receiver or external power amp. Simply plug the left speaker into an AC outlet & connect the included speaker wire from the left to right speaker. All internal components of the A5+ Wireless are tuned together, providing a more efficient system requiring less power than passive speakers & amplifiers.
Note: With the amplifier built-in, the left speaker is heavier than the right (15.4 pounds vs. 9.6 pounds)
Toroidal Transformers: Power transformers are a large contributor to the overall audio performance, especially in the low end (bass response). Audioengine uses gapless core toroidal transformers which have a tighter radiated magnetic field, directly translating to lower noise. They are lighter than standard, lower-cost "EI" transformers and also generate less heat.
MDF Cabinet: The cabinets are built using 1" MDF with internal bracing. Internal sound-damping material reduces unwanted reflections inside the cabinet. The cabinet edges are rounded to reduce high-frequency diffraction effects on the front baffles. The speakers are hand finished, then tuned & tested together to be sold in matching pairs.
Note: Speaker grilles are not included.
Rear Firing Bass Ports: One of the reasons the A5+ Wireless has such great bass response for a compact speaker is the design of the rear bass port on each speaker. The rear bass ports are specifically shaped and have been precisely calculated. The result is incredible low end with minimal audible air turbulence, so you can use the Audioengine 5+ speakers with or without a separate subwoofer.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: Built-in Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP support allows you to wirelessly stream stored music, music apps, and other audio content from your Bluetooth-enabled source device (such as your smartphone or tablet) to the Audioengine A5+ Wireless speaker system. You will continue to control your music and view song/artist information from your Bluetooth-enabled source device.
- aptX Compatible: The A5+ Wireless supports aptX audio coding, which is featured on a growing number of Android mobile devices as well as MacBooks and Apple desktop computers. aptX allows audio to be broadcast wirelessly in significantly higher quality than over standard Bluetooth. The aptX codec achieves a 4:1 compression ratio, allowing for near-CD quality listening (16-bit/44.1kHz). You'll instantly notice more extensive dynamic range, deeper bass, and crystal-clear top end. The A5+ Wireless also supports other Bluetooth codes, like SBC (standard) and AAC (for iPhone).
- 24-bit Upsampling DAC: The Audioengine A5+ Wireless features high signal-to-noise ratio due to the inclusion of a 24-bit high-performance upsampling DAC (AKM AK4396) for Bluetooth audio.
- Extended Range: The A5+ Wireless also has special circuitry and a precision-tuned antenna to extend the wireless range (up to 100'), providing much more versatility than other Bluetooth receivers.
Note: The A5+ Wireless does not support Bluetooth hands-free communication for phone calls.
Connections: Most of the A5+ Wireless system's connections are on the left speaker; the only terminals on the right speaker are the binding-post speaker level inputs for connection to the left speaker's corresponding outputs.
- Audio Inputs: The A5+ Wireless has two stereo audio inputs on the rear-panel of left speaker. The A5+ Wireless is fitted with a 3.5mm stereo minijack input & a stereo RCA input. There is no input selector switch, so both inputs are live simultaneously; if different signals are presented to both inputs, they are mixed together & both are played through the speakers.
- Binding Posts: Each speaker is equipped with a set of gold-plated 5-way binding post speaker terminals to connect the two speakers to one another. Because the Audioengine 5+ speaker system includes built-in power amplifiers, do not connect the speaker terminals to the speaker outputs of a separate stereo receiver or amplifier.
- Variable Output: The A5+ Wireless includes a variable preamp audio output so you can connect a subwoofer, other Audioengine powered speaker, or an Audioengine wireless adapter to daisy-chaining music to other system around the house. This output is variable (adjustable) so the volume level can be controlled from the A5+ Wireless front-panel or remote control.
Simple Control: An IR remote control is provided for wireless operation of the A5+ Wireless powered speaker system. The remote control includes Volume up/down, Mute, and Sleep (power saving) mode functions. A front-panel rotary knob on the left speaker's front-panel controls the system's output volume. An on/off power switch is located on the rear-panel of the left speaker for the built-in amplifier.
Mounting & Placement Options: For the best soundstage & imaging, the speaker should be equidistant from the side walls & and a different distance from rear walls. Both speakers should also be equidistant from your primary listening position (and at least 6' apart). Tweeters should be at approximately eye-level in your most frequent listening locations. For the best bass response, Audioengine recommend at least 6" of clearance between the rear of the speakers and the wall behind them.
- High Density Foam Isolation Pad: Both speakers have a high-density foam isolation pad on the bottom for placement flexibility.
- 1/4"-20 Threaded Insert: Threaded 1/4-20 brass inserts are included on the bottom each speaker cabinet to provide the ability to attach the speaker to free-standing floor stands. These inserts, however, are not designed to support the full weight of the speakers and therefore should not be used with single-point wall or ceiling mounts.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked