About the Audioengine B-Fi
Quality sound with wireless convenience
Quality sound with wireless convenience
The B-Fi has stereo RCA output — great for connecting to bookshelf speakers.
The Audioengine B-Fi gives you high-fidelity streaming over your home Wi-Fi network. Connect it to your existing home theater receiver or powered speakers and access online music services like Spotify®, Qobuz, TIDAL, and more. Or play files from your own library on your local network.
The B-Fi's built-in 24-bit/192kHz DAC delivers clear, detailed sound and supports high-resolution playback. You can even use multiple B-Fi streamers to create your own multi-room audio system.
Audioengine Control app
Control the B-Fi with Audioengine's mobile app on your smartphone or tablet. It's a free download from the Apple® App Store and Google Play. Popular music services are built right in. Or use Apple AirPlay® to send whatever is playing on your iPhone®, iPad®, or computer running iTunes® directly to the B-Fi. (AirPlay allows playback to a single room only.)
The Audioengine app lets you control up to 12 B-Fi streamers in multiple rooms simultaneously. Low-latency playback keeps the rooms in sync. Have one song play in the living room, kitchen, and bedroom, or choose a different song for each room.
- stream via Wi-Fi from online music services or your own library of songs
- add streaming sources to your existing audio receiver or powered speaker system
- built-in 24-bit/192kHz DAC supports high-res playback
- stereo RCA analog audio output
- optical digital (Toslink) audio output
- Apple AirPlay lets you send music from your iOS® device or computer running iTunes to a single B-Fi unit
- built-in 2.4GHz Wi-Fi (802.11 a/b/g/n)
- no Ethernet port for hardwired network connection
Audioengine Control app:
- free download from Apple App Store and Google Play
- control multi-room playback with up to 12 B-Fi streamers in the same network
- play the same song in several rooms, or different songs in different rooms
- play music from Spotify, TIDAL, Qobuz, TuneIn, or Napster, or iHeart Radio (subscriptions may be required)
- stream music stored on your smartphones, tablets, computers, or network drives (UPnP and DLNA compatible)
- AC power adapter with detachable 6.5-foot cable
- 42-inch RCA cable included
- microfiber bag
- 3-9/16"W x 3-13/16"H x 5-1/16"D (including Wi-Fi antenna)
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # B-Fi
What's in the box:
- Wireless audio streamer
- USB/AC power adapter
- 6.5' microUSB-to-USB cable
- 42" Stereo RCA cable
- Cloth drawstring pouch
- Quickstart Guide
- Audioengine Brochure
Audioengine B-Fi reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Audioengine B-Fi
Wireless Audio Streamer: The Audioengine B-Fi wireless audio streamer lets you upgrade your current home stereo system with wireless network connectivity so you can listen to your favorite online music services, internet radio, as well as music libraries stored on your smartphone, tablet, or computer through your existing home audio system. The Audioengine B-Fi is easy to set up, simple to control, and features analog & digital outputs for high-resolution audio.
24-Bit/192kHz ES9023 DAC: The Audioengine B-Fi employs a 24-bit/192kHz ES9023 DAC (digital-to-analog converter) for high-resolution audio playback. It supports Hi-Res music files such as FLAC, WAV, ALAC, APE, and OGG (up to 24-bit/192kHz). It also supports compressed music file formats such as MP3, WMA, aand AAC. The unit does not offer upsampling.
Wireless Network Connectivity: The Audioengine B-Fi wireless audio streamer features built-in 2.4GHz WiFi (802.11 a/b/g/n), so you can wirelessly connect to your home's WiFi router and ISP (Internet Service Provider) in order to access online music services, internet radio, and local network music libraries.
Note: The Audioengine B-Fi does not offer an Ethernet jack for a hardwired connection. It does not support 5GHz WiFi 802.11ac.
Audioengine Control App: You'll need to download the Audioengine Control App (for Apple iOS 10.0+ and Android OS 5.0+) onto your compatible smartphone or table device for WiFi network setup, access to online music services, playback control, and multiroom audio distribution. You'll be able to control your music, volume, presets (up to 10) and speaker selection from anywhere in your home from the Audioengine Control app on your compatible mobile device.
Online Music Services: Within the Audioengine Control app you have access to a variety of online music services - including TuneIn, iHeart Radio, Spotify, Tidal, Qobuz, and Napster.
- TuneIn:TuneIn gives you access to the world's radio stations, shows and podcasts, all for free. Over 100,000 channels from every corner of the earth, plus live and on-demand radio shows from around the world.
- iHeartRadio: iHeartRadio is a free, all-in-one digital radio and music streaming service that lets you listen to thousands of live stations from across the country and allows you to create personalized custom stations featuring songs from the artist you select and similar
- Spotify: Spotify is a digital music service that gives you on-demand access to one of the largest music libraries in the world (over 15 million tracks and counting). Spotify makes it easier than ever to discover, manage, and share music with your friends. You can browse music by artist, album, track, or most popular; and create your own music library with customized playlists.
- Tidal: Tidal is a global streaming service that offers over 30 million songs in high-fidelity CD sound quality. TIDAL has two pricing tiers; either $9.99 or $19.99 a month. Both pricing levels allow you to access TIDAL's entire music library. The $19.99 tier has the added benefit of high-fidelity sound at CD-level quality.
- Qobuz: Qobuz is a paid streaming service that gives you access to more than 40 million tracks. Discover new artists and albums with selections and playlists from musical experts.
- Napster: Napster is a paid online music service that provides you with a music collection complete with millions of songs, entire albums and artist hits spanning the decades. Enjoy more than 30 million tracks at 320kbps AAC.
Mobile Device Audio Streaming: You are able to wirelessly stream music stored on your Apple iOS device (such as iPhone or iPad) and Android OS device (such as a smartphone or tablet) to the B-Fi using the Audioengine Control App. You can access, browse, and control your mobile device's stored music files through the Audioengine Control app. The app will also display song, artist, and album information, as well as album art.
Note: Your mobile devices' music libraries must be stored locally on the device and not in the cloud.
AirPlay: AirPlay lets you stream your favorite songs directly from your Apple iOS (4.3.3+) device or from your iTunes (10.2.2+) library on your Windows PC or Mac computer to the Audioengine B-Fi, over your home's wireless network connection. From your Apple iOS device you are able to stream stored music on your device, downloaded music apps, and music on your iCloud. From your Windows or Mac you can stream your stored iTunes music library on your computer to the B-Fi; you can even download Apple's free Remote App onto your compatible iOS device to browse and control playback functions of the music stored in your iTunes music library on your computer that is being streamed to the unit.
Notes: AirPlay is accessed independently from the Audioengine Control app. Audioengine B-Fi does not support AirPlay 2.
Computer Audio Streaming: The Audioengine B-Fi streamer supports DLNA and UPnP for wireless streaming from a Windows or Mac computer. You'll be able to control and browse your computer's local music library from the Audioengine Control app on your comaptible Apple iOS or Android mobile device. The Audioengine Control App will also display song title, artist name, album name, and album art.
- DLNA: The Audioengine B-Fi is DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) 1.5 and Windows 7/8/10 compliant for audio networking. This means it's easier for you to access and enjoy digital music stored on your Windows PC or DLNA compliant NAS through the Audioengine Control app on your compatible Apple iOS or Android device.
- UPnP: With support for UPnP (Universal Plug-And-Play), you'll be able to effortlessly stream music stored on your Windows PC, Mac computer, NAS drive, or other UPnP compliant device directly to the Audioengine B-Fi. The network device needs to running a universal plug and play (UPnP) service; free and paid UPnP services are available. Some systems include a built-in version of a UPnP service.
Note: Your digital music files must be stored locally on your computer, NAS drive, or other DLNA/UPnP device.
Multiroom Audio: You can add multiple B-Fi streamers to other music and home theater systems around your your home to create a multiroom audio distribution eco-system. You can listen to the same song in every room or listen to different music in different rooms. It delivers 24-bit/192kHz audio with low-latency and no audio lag between systems and speakers. Multiroom audio distribution setup and control is all done through the Audioengine Control app.
- The Audioengine Control app supports a maximum of 12 rooms (most home networks can only support 8). You can wirelessly stream to each room individually or group rooms together (up to 6).
- Compatible online music services, mobile device audio (including AirPlay), and computer audio (including DLNA and UPnP) can be distributed between multiple Audioengine B-Fi streamers in different rooms.
Stereo Pairing: You can also use two B-Fi streamers on two different powered speakers to create a stereo pair. Connect one B-Fi streamer to each speaker and stereo pair them through the Audioengine Control app.
Analog & Digital Outputs: The Audioengine B-Fi is outfitted with analog and digital outputs to connect to your existing home stereo. The analog output consists of stereo RCA jacks, while the digital output features an optical (toslink) jack.
3 questions already asked