About the Audioengine D2
Outstanding wireless sound from your computer
Outstanding wireless sound from your computer
The Audioengine D2 makes it easy to enjoy music from your computer on your home audio system, in breathtaking detail.
If you store your music on a computer, the Audioengine D2 wireless DAC makes it easy to transmit audiophile-quality sound to your home audio system. No complicated networks, no fuss. The D2 creates its own powerful wireless network that runs independently from your home's Wi-Fi setup. The D2's transmitter accepts digital music from your PC via a USB cable or optical digital connection, then sends it wirelessly to the DAC/receiver where a sophisticated Burr-Brown processor transforms it into a high-quality analog audio signal for your stereo. This lets you bypass your computer's built-in sound card for a far more exciting listening experience. You'll enjoy sweet, nuanced sound previously obscured by the noisy environment inside your PC — delicate reverberations echoing in a concert hall, or the natural decay of an acoustic guitar chord. On good recordings, every instrument and vocal will stand out clearly and distinctly in its own separate space, allowing you to follow each one note-for-note.
Simple to set up. Easy to use.
The Audioengine D2 is ready to play in just moments. Simply plug the transmitter into a USB port or optical digital output on your MAC® or PC. Then connect the receiver/DAC to an audio input on your hi-fi system. Now hook up the included AC power adapters and you've finished all the wiring. All that's left is to turn on the power, press the Pair buttons, and you're ready to start enjoying fantastic-sounding music.
Versatile connections for your system
The Audioengine D2 offers three ways to incorporate it into your home audio system:
- Type B USB jack lets you feed one of the USB outputs of your computer into the D2's wireless transmitter, bypassing your computer's sound card for higher-quality sound with stored music files, online music services, and Internet radio stations. The D2's USB port can accept data rates up to 24-bit/96kHz, allowing you to transmit high-res music wirelessly.
- Optical digital input gives you an alternate connection for your PC, or any other PCM optical digital audio source. Send a high-quality wireless signal to your stereo system, and take advantage of the D2's high-performance DAC for better sound.
- Wireless USB-to-optical digital converter — If you already have a favorite DAC, the D2 can provide bit-perfect wireless USB-to-optical digital conversion, or serve as a wireless link between an optical digital audio source and a separate DAC with optical digital input.
A pair of high-quality gold-plated RCA outputs on the receiver/DAC lets you connect the D2 to your home audio system's amp, receiver, or a set of amplified speakers.
- Burr-Brown PCM1792A 24-bit/192kHz digital-to-analog converter for precise, high-fidelity stereo sound
- wireless two-piece system uses point-to-point 2.4GHz technology for uncompressed, full-audio-bandwidth transmission at 24-bit/96kHz no Wi-Fi network required
- transmitter powered by USB connection or included external AC power adapter (using optical input requires use of AC power adapter or connection to a computer's USB port)
- 3-stage regulated USB power filtering ensures no power variations will affect audio output
- can operate as a wireless USB-to-SPDIF converter
- D2 can simultaneously transmit high-res audio to up to 3 wireless receivers
- wireless transmitter inputs:
- 1 USB (Type B) input for connection to a PC
- 1 optical digital (Toslink) audio input for connection to a computer, most HDTVs, Apple TV®, CD player, or other compatible audio device
- wireless DAC/receiver output:
- 1 pair of high-quality RCA audio outputs
- 1 optical digital (Toslink) audio output
- supported incoming sample rates:
- USB: up to 96kHz
- optical digital: up to 192kHz
- input bit depth: up to 24 bits
- transmitter sends your music over-the-air at a 24-bit/96kHz data rate
- the volume control on the D2 sender transmits over a separate channel to avoid any impact on the digital audio stream
- wireless transmission range: approximately 100 feet
- frequency response: 10 to 30kHz (±0.5 dB)
- THD: less than 0.0015%
- signal-to-noise ratio (DC to 20kHz): greater than 115 dB
- full scale output: 2V RMS
- DAC/receiver: 4-13/16"W x 1-1/8"H x 5-9/16"D (7-3/8"D including power plug and antenna)
- transmitter: 4-13/16"W x 1-1/8"H x 5-9/16"D (7-3/8"D including power plug and antenna)
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- If connecting to a TV, please make sure you can select "PCM" output in its audio menu. This DAC is not compatible with Dolby® Digital signals.
- MFR # D2
What's in the box:
- D2 Wireless transmitter
- D2 Wireless receiver
- 2 DC power supplies with attached 47" output cords (6V/1000mA output)
- Two 57" AC power cords
- 24" USB cable (USB Type-A on one end and USB Type-B on the other)
- 57" RCA patch cable
- 2 Cloth drawstring bags
- Setup guide
- Audioengine product brochure
Audioengine D2 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Audioengine D2
Overview: The Audioengine D2 Wireless Digital to Analog Converter (DAC) lets you wirelessly stream music from your computer (PC or Mac via USB) or another digital source (via optical digital, 2-channel PCM only) to your stereo system. The D2 uses the 2.4 GHz range, scanning the spectrum to select clear channels. If it detects deteriorating RF conditions, the system will select a cleaner channel, and move without any drop in audio. In this way the D2 can co-exist with other LAN devices.
Additional Receivers: Two additional receivers (772D2R, sold separately) can be added to the system (for a total of three) and paired with one transmitter simultaneously.
Simple Installation: The D2 system consists of a wireless transmitter and receiver. Simply plug the D2's transmitter into your computer's USB port and it becomes a sound card that transmits your computer's audio wirelessly to the D2's receiver, which connects to your home receiver via a stereo RCA or optical digital connection. The included transmitter and receiver are paired at the factory.
Audio Outputs: The D2 receiver has analog and digital audio outputs:
- Analog Output: stereo RCA outputs
- Digital Output: optical digital output (Toslink)
Note: If connecting to a television set's optical output, please make sure that you are able to select PCM as the default optical out audio format from your television's Audio menu. This DAC is not compatible with multi-channel audio signals and will not work with televisions that do not output PCM.
Power Supply: DC power supplies are included for both the transmitter and receiver. The transmitter can also be powered by a 5 volt USB port.
- Input Signal:
- USB: 96 kHz/24 bit
- Optical: 192 kHz/24 bit (if an optical signal is present, it takes priority over the USB signal)
- THD+N: <0.0015% (1 kHz/96 kHz)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: >115 dB
- Analog Output: 2 volts RMS/100Ω
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz to 30 kHz (+/- 0.5dB)
- Crosstalk: <-85 dB
- RF Band: 2.4 GHz (2.405 GHz to 2.477 GHz)
- Transmission Range: >100'
- Power Requirement:
- Transmitter: 270 mA/6V
- Receiver: 300 mA/6V
Dimensions: Receiver and transmitter are the same size:
- Width: 4.766"
- Height: 1.066" (3.767" including antenna)
- Depth: 5.515" (7.355" including power plug and antenna)
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
7 questions already asked