About the Audioengine N22
Conventional wisdom says audio components must measure 17" wide. Audioengine has a better idea. The narrow, vertically oriented N22 amplifier fits easily on your desk, bookshelf, or kitchen counter.
Don't let its compact dimensions or unusual shape fool you. This amp delivers 22 legitimate watts per channel, enough to drive most bookshelf speakers to very satisfying volume levels in a small room. If you're sitting at your computer, with your speakers an arm's length away, you'll have power to burn.
When the baby's asleep, and you just can't crank your speakers, plug in a set of hi-fi headphones. The N22's high-performance, low-noise headphone amplifier will make them sing.
The N22 is refreshingly simple to set up and operate. You get inputs for two analog audio sources and one knob for power and volume. That's it. If you're storing all of your music on a computer or an iPod®, what else do you need? A built-in USB power port lets you charge your iPod while you listen to your music. (The USB port is for power only, not USB audio or data transfer.)
The N22 includes a preamp output, so you can easily connect a powered subwoofer or Audioengine W3 wireless adapter.
Both audio inputs on the N22 are always on. There's no need for an input selection switch. The standby idle mode conserves power when you're not playing music.
Need speakers, too? The N22 is a perfect match with Audioengine's P4 passive bookshelf speakers.
- 22 watts x 2 channels into 8 ohms (20-22,000 Hz) at 0.02% THD
- built-in high-performance headphone amplifier
- 1 pair RCA analog audio inputs
- 3.5mm stereo minijack audio input
- 1 pair RCA analog audio outputs
- USB charge/power port
- 5-way binding post speaker connectors (pair of 5.75-foot speaker wires included)
- power-saving idle mode
- detachable power cord
- 4-1/16"W x 7-1/4"H x 7-5/8"D
- weight: 3.5 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # N22
What's in the box:
- Integrated amplifier
- Power supply with attached 6' DC output cord (17.5 volt/1.8 amp)
- 6' AC power cord
- Two 70" Speaker wires (each with tinned bare wire on both ends)
- 38" RCA patch cord
- 78" Stereo mini-jack cable (3.5mm stereo mini-jack connector on each end)
- Cloth drawstring cable bag
- Cloth drawstring power supply bag
- Cloth drawstring amplifier bag
- Setup guide
- Audioengine product brochure
Audioengine N22 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Audioengine N22
Features & specs
|Watts RMS per Channel (8-ohms)||22|
|Watts RMS per Channel (6-ohms)||Not given|
|Watts RMS per Channel (4-ohms)||Not given|
|Minimum Impedance||4 ohms|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||95|
|Digital Music Features|
|Built-in DAC (Digital to Analog Converter)||No|
|Total Analog Inputs||Y|
|Optical Digital Inputs||No|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||No|
|Preamp Outputs||Stereo RCA|
|Removable Power Cord||AC power adapter|
|Apple AirPlay 2||No|
|Dimensions and Warranty|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
Overview: The audioengine N22 is a desktop amplifier with a headphone amp built in. There are two inputs, stereo RCA and stereo mini-jack, along with RCA preamp outputs and a 3.5mm headphone jack.
USB Port: On the back of the amp there is a powered USB output. Its purpose is only to power or charge a USB bus-powered device; for example it will charge an iPod but not control the iPod, and the audio signal is not transferred through the USB port. Audioengine offers wireless adapters (item numbers 772AW1 and 772AW2, sold separately) that can be powered using this port.
Inputs: There are two analog inputs, stereo RCAs and a 3.5mm stereo mini-jack, both on the rear panel. The N22 has no input selector switch, so both inputs are live simultaneously; only one should be turned on at a time.
Speaker Outputs: The speaker terminals 5-way binding posts; they will accept pin connectors, spade connectors, single and dual banana plugs, and bare wire up to 12 gauge. Two 70" lengths of 16 gauge wire are included (with no connectors).
Preamp Output: The variable stereo RCA preamp output can be used to add an external amp, a powered subwoofer, or an audioengine wireless adapter (item numbers 772AW1 and 772AW2, sold separately).
Volume Control: The rotary power/volume control is on the front panel. It controls the volume for the speaker level, preamp, and front panel headphone outputs; turn fully counterclockwise to turn the unit off.
Headphone Output: A 3.5mm (1/8") headphone jack is on the amp's front panel. The speaker and preamp outputs are automatically muted when headphones are plugged in.
Rear Panel Connections:
- Power: DC input for use with included power supply; 17.5 volt/1.8 amp
- Input A: stereo RCA
- Input B: 3.5mm stereo mini-jack
- Line Output: stereo RCA; variable; muted when headphones are plugged in
- USB Port: powered USB type A; output only (no audio input)
- Speaker Output: left and right 5-way binding post terminals; muted when headphones are plugged in
7 questions already asked