About the Cambridge Audio Alva TT v2
An elegant, well-crafted turntable
The Cambridge Audio Alva TT v2 is a good-looking, well-built gem that can bring the best out of your treasured vinyl records.
An elegant, well-crafted turntable
Cambridge Audio has a way of making each of their components look every bit as good as it sounds. The Alva TT v2 turntable is no exception. You can see it in the way it's built — a three-layer plinth with an attractive aluminum top plate absorbs unwanted resonance, and the heavy semi-crystalline thermoplastic platter provides excellent stability.
The platter starts on a dime and maintains accurate rotational speed, thanks to a medium-torque direct-drive motor. And the static balanced aluminum tonearm includes an excellent factory-installed Cambridge high-output moving coil cartridge that brings out the best from your treasured vinyl.
Convenient setup options
The 'table features a built-in switchable phono preamplifier that lets you make a wired connection to just about any receiver, integrated amp, or powered speakers you have in your sound system.
And if you don't want to make wired connections at all? Good news, there's also built-in Bluetooth with high-res aptX® HD encoding that lets you pair with a compatible receiver, headphones, or powered speakers.
- medium-torque direct-drive motor for accurate rotational speed
- static balanced aluminum tonearm tracks record grooves accurately
- factory-installed Cambridge high-output moving coil cartridge on removable aluminum headshell
- built-in switchable phono preamplifier
- when switch is set to LINE, turntable must be connected to a standard line input (labeled AUX, CD, or TAPE)
- when switch is set to PHONO, turntable must be connected to an outboard phono preamp or dedicated phono input
- built-in Bluetooth with high-res aptX® HD encoding lets you pair with a compatible receiver, headphones, or powered speakers
- three-layer plinth offers maximum absorption of unwanted resonance
- MDF base with a sandwiched layer of EVA and 6mm aluminum top plate
- heavy semi-crystalline thermoplastic platter for excellent speed stability
- brushless DC motor with quartz-controlled speed accuracy
- 33-1/3 and 45 rpm speeds
- stereo RCA output with ground terminal
- frequency response with included cartridge: 30-20,000 Hz (±1 dB)
- cartridge output level: 2mV @1kHz
- signal-to-noise ratio: 90 dB (phono stage)
- wow and flutter: 0.1%
Dimensions and warranty:
- 17-3/16"W x 15-1/2"H x 16-3/8"D (lid open)
- weight: 24.03 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # C11229K
What's in the box:
- Headshell/Cartridge/Styleus assembly
- AC power adapter (attached 58" DC cord)
- 3 AC power plugs (US/EU/UK)
- Belt (installed on platter)
- RPM 45 Adapter
- Dust cover
- 2 Hinges
- 40" Stereo RCA cable
- 5' Ground wire
- Ortofon Stylus gauge
- Quick Start booklet
- Important Safety Instructions
Cambridge Audio Alva TT v2 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Cambridge Audio Alva TT v2
Features & specs
|45 RPM Adapter||Yes|
|Power Cable||Detachable (12-volt DC adapter)|
|Materials and Construction|
|Tone Arm Shape||Straight|
|Tone Arm Material||Aluminum|
|Tone Arm Lift||Finger, Lever|
|Included Cartridge||Cambridge MC|
|Tracking Weight||2.0 g (20mN)|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||90|
|Wow and Flutter||0.06|
|Dimensions and Warranty|
|Turntable Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Turntable Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Cartridge Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Cartridge Labor Warranty||1 Year|
2-Speed Direct Drive: The Cambridge Audio Alva TT (V2) turntable has a medium-torque Direct Drive motor. The 8-pole, 3-phase, brushless DC motor is quartz controlled to ensure accurate turntable speed. With precision control, and silent running, the Alva TT (V2) achieves just 0.06% wow and flutter. This means excellent pitch stability; particularly during longer, more sustained, musical notes. Rotation speed selection is made by two electronic buttons on top of the turntable's plinth (base), so you can effortlessly switch between playing albums (33-1/3 RPM ) and singles (45 RPM). A 45 RPM adapter is included.
Solid Platter: Complimenting the direct drive motor, Alva TT (V2)''s platter is s made from Polyoxymethylene, a semi-crystalline thermoplastic used in precision engineering applications, where high stiffness and dimensional stability are demanded. It has the finish and feel of a finely polished stone. The weight of the platter, coupled with the Alva TT (V2)'s medium torque direct drive motor, ensures excellent speed stability during playback of records.
3-Layer Chassis: The Alva TT (V2) turntable employs a 3-layer composite chassis, which features a layer of EVA (Ethylene Vinyl Acetate) between its 6mmm aluminum top-plate and MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) base. This 3-layer composite plinth helps absorb unwanted vibration that can lead to distortion and allows for accurate playback sound with great acoustics.
High-Mass Low-Resonance Tonearm: Cambridge audio engineers selected a new high-mass, low-resonance aluminum tonearm for the Alva TT (V2) turntable. By minimizing resonant frequencies, and in combination with the cartridge, it helps retrieve the maximum detail from your records. A detachable die-cast aluminum headshell makes swapping cartridges easy and can be fine-tuned with greater precision thanks to a new anti-skating dial.
Cambridge Moving Coil Cartridge: The Alva TT (V2) uses a Cambridge Audio Moving Coil (MC) cartridge that has been perfectly matched to the other components in the turntable. Cambridge Audio designed this high-output Moving Coil (MC) cartridge with an exposed cantilever. It reduces unwanted resonance and vibration, delivers high levels of gain and outstanding musical detail during playback.
Built-In Phono Preamp: The Alva TT (V2) turntable comes with a built-in preamplifier which removes the need for an external phono stage and allows the connection of the turntable directly to any line-level input on your amplifier. The phono preamp on the Alva TT (V2) turntable is switchable allowing connection to both line-level inputs, and the phono-level inputs of an external phono-stage.
Stereo RCA Output & Ground Terminal: The Alva TT (V2) turntable is outfitted with a set of stereo RCA outputs and comes with a 40" stereo RCA cable for connection to your AV receiver or integrated amplifier. The turntable is also fitted with a ground terminal and comes with a 5' ground wire to prevent unwanted hum in your system.
Bluetooth aptX HD: Built-in Bluetooth allows you to wirelessly transmit audio from the Alva TT (V2) turntable to your Bluetooth-enabled headphones, powered speakers, or AV receiver. In addition to supporting Bluetooth's standard SBC codec, the Alva TT (V2) offers support for Qualcomm's higher quality aptX (16-bit/44.1kHz) and aptX HD (24/bit/48kHz) codecs for higher resolution audio transmission.
- To enjoy high-quality aptX or aptX HD, your Bluetooth-enabled speaker, headphone or home audio receiver will also need to support aptX or aptX HD. Otherwise, Bluetooth wireless audio streaming from the turntable will be limited to SBC.
- The Alva TT (V2) turntable can be paired paired with multiple playback devices, but only one playback device (headphone, speaker, receiver) can be connected and used at a time.
- The turntable has a wireless Bluetooth range of approximately 33' (10m).
Note: You cannot use the wired Stereo RCA outputs and the wireless Bluetooth output at the same time
Dust Cover: The Cambridge Audio Alva TT (V2) comes with a hinged dust cover to protect the turntable from dust and debris build up. The dust cover is easy to raise, lower, remove and re-attach.
- Closed Dimensions: 17.1875" (w) x 5.5" (h) x 15.625" (d)
- Opened Dimensions: 17.1875" (w) x 15.5" (h) x 16.375" (d)
AC Power Adapter: The Alva TT (V2) operates off of standard household current using the supplied external AC power adapter which plugs into the back of the turntable and into an AC power outlet or surge protector/line conditioner (sold separately - see Accessories Tab).
Note: The Alva TT (V2) comes features Auto Power Down (APD) that will automatically switch the turntable to standby mode after 20 minutes of no audio signal and operation.