About the Cambridge Audio Edge W
Cambridge Audio's Edge W amplifier gives you clean and authoritative power. Using symmetrical twin toroidal transformers to cancel out electromagnetic interference, the W delivers and maintains consistent, cohesive tonality, no matter how loud you turn it up.
The beefy transformers contribute significantly to the W's 50+ pound weight. Its stylish, understated extruded aluminum face and burly-but-streamlined side heat sinks encase a beautiful circuit design. And Cambridge designers selected each of the mere 14 circuit components in blind listening tests, so you're getting the best they could hear.
A new class of its own
Cambridge Audio's unique Class XA amplifier topology delivers Class A-like audio quality with improved efficiency and less heat. By adding a bias voltage to a traditional Class AB design, it shifts the crossover point to a position where you hear nearly zero distortion. Instead, you'll hear clear, robust music — with the undeniable heft that 100 watts per channel of Class XA power gives it.
In anticipation of their 50th anniversary, Cambridge Audio asked their engineers a simple question — what would they make if anything was possible? More than three years later, a team of nine engineers delivered the Edge line, named after Professor Gordon Edge, the designer of Cambridge Audio's first product, the ground-breaking P40 integrated amplifier.
All Edge circuit components were blind-auditioned solely for their sonic merits — not price, specs, or measured performance. Only the most dynamic, present, clear, and musical ones were chosen. The Edge line embodies Cambridge Audio's signature British sound and 50 years of hi-fi expertise.
- 100 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.02% THD with 2 channels driven
- 200 watts per channel into 4 ohms
- proprietary Class XA amplifier design
- dual toroidal transformers
- high-quality, British-made capacitors
- frequency response: 3-80,000 Hz (±1dB)
- signal-to-noise ratio: 113 dB
- switchable stereo balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA inputs
- stereo balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA loop outputs for connecting to another amplifier
- 5-way binding post speaker connectors
- switchable 12-volt in/out trigger
- curved extruded aluminum front panel minimizes vibration-induced distortion
- detachable power cord
Dimensions and warranty:
- 18-1/8"W x 5-15/16"H x 15-15/16"D
- weight: 51.9 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # C10974
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Cambridge Audio Edge W
Features & specs
|Number of Channels||2|
|Power Output per Channel (8 ohms)||100|
|Power Output per Channel (6 ohms)||---|
|Power Output per Channel (4 ohms)||200|
|Bridged Power per Channel||---|
|Parts Warranty||3 years|
|Labor Warranty||3 years|
|Inputs & Outputs|
|Number of Inputs||2|
|Input Type||RCA, XLR|
|Speaker Connectors||5-way binding post|